The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Not that I am trying to lose weight. I am trying to gain weight. So this doesn't concern me. Though it does perk my interest. I had seen a number of commercials while I was walking around the department at work, and wondered just what made this do what it does. So I visited the damn website today, and found zilch - nada. Nothing whatsoever other than "A bunch of people with credentials said it works, so nyah..." type thing. That and some ingredients, but it was very vague.

Aloe Vera - A source of energy containing over 200 nutrients that benefit the immune system and digestive tract.

CLA (Conjugated Linoleic Acid) - An essential fatty acid necessary for fat utilization throughout the body and connective tissue development.

Collagen - A protein found in skin, bones and lean muscle tissue. Collagen assists the body in building lean muscle tissue.

That's all fine and dandy. But I have a personal debate within myself. It is supposed to "use the body's nutrients more efficiently." And you're supposed to "lose weight and eat whatever you want all day!" - If you eat whatever you want (Say for example, Mr. I-Love-Swiss-Cake-Rolls...) That's a bunch of empty calories, that do almost nothing for the body whatsoever, as far as muscle building/repair... or fat loss. That is where I quote them on their page. "Diets don't work." So you're saying, eat ho-hos and lose weight? I find this a little far-fetched. Maybe this supplement works with a well-balanced nutrition plan, or even a halfway decent one... but not "whatever you want to eat".

The ingredients and the purpose they serve to the body seem solid. But the whole thing seems like a load of ****. Is it really the Aloe Vera, CLA, and Collagen... or is it the fact these people are (most likely) calorie deficient anyway, because they are searching for quick weight loss in the first place... and being calorie deficient for 3 hours before bed, then waking up in the morning to a skimpy meal will cause ANYONE to lose weight (Not to mention, muscle ... which, in fact, weighs more than fat anyway - Mm, catabolic weight loss!)? So is there a sufficient amount of Collagen protein to repair muscle tissue overnight, and not cause a catabolic fall? They just don't have enough scientific study to convince me.

I dunno. What do you all think about this?
    Last edited by Yaz; 04-03-2001 at 06:42 PM.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Equal Opportunity Offender Budiak's Avatar
    Pfft. I hear that stuff on KSFO all the time. If I ever listen to another radio station, which isnt often, I hear their radio hosts giving the same speeches.

I have a little saying.
    "No product that works has a slogan that says "It works!"

The body solutions mantra is "It really does work!"
    Therefore, I cannot in my right mind, however right it may be, believe that Body Solutions actually works.

Heh, my thoughts precisely.