Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Took 5th in Kentucky Northern damn it...

Took 5th in Kentucky Northern damn it...

hello brothers, just go back from a road tripp down to kentucky for the show. There was 12 people in my open light heavy weight class and i took 5th place. Wasn't what i was looking for but my conditioning was off and i came in to heavy and not as many cuts. Well it is time to get ready for the next one in Toledo Ohio.
    Attached Images Attached Images

That's 5th place?

That's some quality competition.
    Squats work better than supplements.
    "You know, if I thought like that, I'd never put more than one plate on the bar for anything, I'd never use bands or chains, I'd never squat to parallel or below, and I'd never let out the slightest grunt when I lift. At some point in your lifting career (assuming you're planning on getting reasonably strong and big), you're going to have to accept that most people think you are some kind of freak." -Sensei
    "You're wrong, and I have a completely irrelevant pubmed abstract that may or may not say so." - Belial
    I has a blog.
    I has a facebook.

^^ that's what I was thinking. Casey, your back looks sick.

Must have been some VERY tough competition to look that good and come 5th. Make it up at your next show, bro!

Gym PRs: 365/240/440=1045

People need to quit ****ing asking what they need to do, exercise wise, until they reinforce their technique - Dave Tate

The never-ending pursuit of becoming Strong(er) - My Westside journal

Wannabebig Member
    I'd kill for that back.

Just out of curiosity, what does your conditioning have to do with it? Does it just determine how fast you can drop fat?

I believe that my conditioning was not all there because my abs were not as defined as i would have liked them. This just puts more fire and determination inside me and do better next time. I am aiming for may31 for the Toledo Ohio show. Its go time boyz, likes train like crazy now.

Just want to say, thanks for all the support that WBB as been giving me, and I will continue to help anyone that needs any advice here. WBB is home
    Last edited by caseymajor; 03-25-2008 at 09:52 AM.

Great work Casey! Keep after it and you'll get to where you want to be

You looked great man. If you get your conditioning down like you say I'll kill.
    Best lifts: 615/475/660, Raw w/ Wraps
    http://www.youtube.com/user/invain622002

You look awesome Casey. I'm a fan. Show them suckas at the Ohio match whatz up!!!

Thats what i plan on doing bro, ohio here i commmmme. Neeed to dial in the conditioning and it will be on like donkey kong

Banned
    Great work man, it's humbling to lose to good competition. You seem to have a plan and will clean up in May.

Looking great, can't believe that's 5th!
    33, 5'-10", 205 lbs.

2009 Goal is to join the 1,000 lb. club:
    335 Bench (previously achieved in 2005)
    335 Deadlift
    335 Squat

IronGrip IV's Online Journal
    IronGrip IV's "Before" Pics (03/25/08)

You look great but I see what you mean when you could have had better conditioning.

Still must have been one hell of a line up!
    Being a strong teenager means nothing.

My wrists hurt, but some people don't have wrists to be sore. My knees have tendinitis, but some people don't have legs to get tendinitis in. I seem to be going backwards with training, yet some people can't even walk let alone lift 400 pounds on a daily basis.

Dust out the vagina, and keep on lifting.

Casey - where in Toledo is the show being held? Might go check it out. You should be tough to beat in that one with the extra time to prepare.
    When some wild-eyed, eight-foot-tall maniac grabs your neck, taps the back of your favorite head up against the barroom wall, looks you crooked in the eye and asks you if ya paid your dues, you just stare that big sucker right back in the eye, and you remember what ol' Jack Burton always says at a time like that: "Have ya paid your dues, Jack?" "Yessir, the check is in the mail."

Jack Burton - Owner of the Pork Chop Express

Stiff competition man. You looked great.

To my knowledge that is a huge show, so despite your dissapointment, that is awesome.

Would I be correct to say that alot of amateurs choose that as their first show as well?

thats correct a lot of novice bodybuilders do that show. It was a big show but i really didn't like how they put it together. The show started at 10am and didn't end till bout midnight or later. And at the night show the judges were not even there so i don't know whats that all about.
    Not for sure where in toledo the show is, they are sending me a sign up sheet and it will be on there. I will let you know.

Quote Originally Posted by caseymajor View Post
    thats correct a lot of novice bodybuilders do that show. It was a big show but i really didn't like how they put it together. The show started at 10am and didn't end till bout midnight or later. And at the night show the judges were not even there so i don't know whats that all about.
    Not for sure where in toledo the show is, they are sending me a sign up sheet and it will be on there. I will let you know.
    Hmm.

I know alot of people associated with Beverly (the main sponsor I believe) and Paramount Supplements (also there I think) but I have never been to it.

I am unofficially planning on my first contest this October, and I am not sure if it would be a good idea to tack this one on to.

Looking awesome there casey!
    Are your tattoos not a problem?

One of the reasons why i did place what I did, could have been from my tattoo's but that is no reason why i should have placed 5th. I just need to bust my ass harder and come in better condition next time. Tattoo's can hurt but can't really cover up what hard work you have done. If you got it you got it.

If I remember correctly, I think you did look more shredded in those pics you posted a few months back in Members pics.

I just need to bust my ass harder and come in better condition next time.
    Was there anything in your diet, supplements or training that was different for pre-contest prep this time around?

The difference was that I my diet was only a couple weeks long. Last time i did a 5week diet and came in more condititioned. 5weeks is the longest I have ever diet for, and now this coming show i am going to hit a 8week diet and do the right thing this time around

The difference was that I my diet was only a couple weeks long. Last time i did a 5week diet and came in more condititioned. 5weeks is the longest I have ever diet for, and now this coming show i am going to hit a 8week diet and do the right thing this time around
    Do you typically keep carbs pretty low during that time?