The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by mikey4402 View Post
    I would think we would of moved on from oil by the time we developed intergalactic travil.
    I was trying to get my point across. Guess it flew over your head. My point is
    humans will find some excuse to liberate aliens if they have some resource we need.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik00117 View Post
    I think we will meet a alien race, how it goes after that is entirely up to the poeple who make the decisiosn.
    Unless we are light years ahead of this alien race, chances are the way we will meet them is through radiowave patterns. Math is a universal language, and so we are always transmitting and listening for some sort of mathematical pattern. I think that's how we'll meet one.

The fact that we have been listening in for awhile without hearing anything makes me think that the closest civilization is quite a ways away.

Quote Originally Posted by KingJustin View Post
    I don't think that jealousy, for instance, elicits a strong survival advantage.
    One cavemen is jealous of another caveman's cave. He goes over, kills him, and lives in his cave. And ****s his women.

Math is a universal language, and so we are always transmitting and listening for some sort of mathematical pattern. I think that's how we'll meet one.
    any pattern can be quantified
    'In order to alter the inertial mass of weights, you must become one with them, like a machine, the totality of your motion is as one'

Quote Originally Posted by anelka View Post
    One cavemen is jealous of another caveman's cave. He goes over, kills him, and lives in his cave. And ****s his women.
    That's more complex, and doesn't require, jealousy.

Quote Originally Posted by blackboard View Post
    humans will find some excuse to liberate aliens if they have some resource we need.
    nothing flew over my head you said
    Not if we find Oil.
    If you wanted to get the point across that humanse will find an excuse to liberate aliens...well then why didnt you say that.
    Last edited by mikey4402; 03-30-2008 at 02:31 PM.
    6'6" 235
    Follow me on Twitter!
    My Artist page
    Creatine is Overrated Social Group
    supplements are used to supplement!!
    "why do i train so hard? so i can play harder!"
    -kobe bryant

Quote Originally Posted by blackboard View Post
    Liberate? We're going to free all the aliens now are we....
    Best lifts: 615/475/660, Raw w/ Wraps
    http://www.youtube.com/user/invain622002

Quote Originally Posted by Invain View Post
    Liberate? We're going to free all the aliens now are we....
    Yes, E.T. will tell us about the struggle, offer us some resources and war is declared.

The fact that we have been listening in for awhile without hearing anything makes me think that the closest civilization is quite a ways away.
    But remember that humans alone in earths history are a tiny drop in the ocean. Think how small the last 100years were within even that.

And beyond that, many advanced civilisations could have come and gone. Supposing there was atleast one intelligent civilisation that even had space travel, think how minute the chances of meeting are let alone the chances that we've both been kicking around at the same time.

Its also important, I think, to try not to humanise the potential aliens we are thinking about. Although argueably, they could be similar in emotions and logic because what we have has stuck with us in our species survival.

Based on Star Trek there are a few things to keep in mind when we meet aliens:

1. We won't be able to trust the captain of the ship that is meeting them because it is likely they will attempt to use mind control on him

2. The only way to win any conflict with the aliens is to threaten to blow ourselves up. We better include a selfdestruct button on every ship and have suicide bombers giving guest lectures at NASA space camp.

3. The aliens are going to try and do the nasty with us.

4. If the aliens have computer implants in their bodies of any type they cannot be trusted.

5. No need to worry about what language to send our messages in/sending math equations, the aliens are going to know how to speak english. Probably because they have been watching reruns of friends/seinfeld that we have been broadcasting out into space the last 10 years.

Math is a universal language
    I've never understood that claim. Yes, math is a 'universal language' on Earth because we all use the same math regardless of what language we speak.

Why is it always assumed that an alien species would use math at all? Or that they would have anything close to what we know as numbers or basic operations.

Another thing, what kind of message are you going to get across with 2+2 = 4???
    Full Powerlifting
    Squat - 595lbs -- 270kg -- Dec. 31, '09 (Provincial Record @100kg class)
    Bench - 374lbs -- 170kg -- Dec 20, '08 (@100kg class)
    Dead - 589lbs -- 267.5kg -- Dec 20, '08 (Provincial Record @100kg class)
    Total: 1537lbs -- 697.5kg -- Dec 20, '08 (Provincial Record @ 100kg class)
    Bench Only -- 358lbs -- 162.5kg -- Nov. 25, '07 (Provincial Record @ 90kg class)
    Bench Only -- 376lbs -- 171kg -- Jan. 26, '08 (Provincial Record @ 100kg class)

Well we'd have to develop warp speed first...

We're being watched. No need for an advanced civilization to make contact with us......we're worthless, evil, selfish trash. The Universe looks upon us with disdain. We think we're special, but we have nothing to offer.

I've never understood that claim. Yes, math is a 'universal language' on Earth because we all use the same math regardless of what language we speak.

Why is it always assumed that an alien species would use math at all? Or that they would have anything close to what we know as numbers or basic operations.

Another thing, what kind of message are you going to get across with 2+2 = 4???
    Was maths invented by humans or discovered?

If we come into contact with aliens, they better be peaceful, or Will Smith will jack them up.