Thread: Best Protien shake?

Wannabebig Member

Best Protien shake?

hey again guys, Which protien shake do you reccomend I use? I am trying to get big....I am currently using the 'musashi bulk' but a guy at the gym told me that its not very good compared to 'true mass' any help would be appreciated. cheers

I wouldnt get too concerned. Whey protein is generally just that. As long as you're getting a decent amount of carbs, fats, proteins, fibre and water you'll grow. You'll gain a lot more sifting through diet articles on this (and other websites) and working how you can imporve your overall calorie intake.

moved the thread to diet and nutrition.
    You will soon see Getfit in OngII Flying Knee Thingys of Doom see if the feisty greek can survive the kicks of Steel Leg From Shaolin Soccer,Dim Mak(def touch) from ChungLee,and Flying Crane by Daniel-san-El Pietro

Spray it with windex greek!-the famous El Pietro

You be quiet or i'll clean and press your narrow francophone self-Callahan

Lift for gains,not glory.Control your ego and the weight

What a strong girl! This leads me to believe you can severly injure most of the male population-Nick Hatfield

You're blazing white hot,anyone ever tell you that? Sometimes i think you have fingers faster then Superman when it comes to posts on WBB forums.
    Hot in terms of both speed and... well new hotness- Stash

gain 50lbs-Anthony

thats a good sensible post garjagan, anybody could of just bashed on him. But yes, he is right. Growth is due to the amount that you eat, not protein. But protein intake is vital towards muscle building, and in fact must be considered. But with a shake, you must realize that the rest of your diet must be in place. Not eating enough, you wont gain muscle. simple as that

Shakes are not magical, they're food. If you "want to get big" make your own shakes with peanut butter, yogurt, bananas, oats, whole milk, olive oil, etc.
    Best lifts: 615/475/660, Raw w/ Wraps
    http://www.youtube.com/user/invain622002

Yep, whey protein is whey protein, I get mine at wal-mart for $18.00 a canister... Mix in some fruit and add some milk and blend. Tastes good and produces great results...

A Bako Shake is the best shake for getting huge.

yeah you grow depending on your calories in versus calories out but without the right amount of protien it doesn't matter what you eat, you won't have all the building blocks you need to put it all together. I take 2-3 nitrean shakes a day depending on what I'm eating... I take in about 4500 total cals at 260'bs with 300grams of protien being apart of those cals. I respond well to about 1gram per pound of bodyweight..some people do better with less..some people need upwards of 2grams per lb of bodyweight I'm told. Think total calories... then figure out how many of those need to come from protien and the rest is just whatever you don't get tired of sticking in your mouth!

I LOVE chocolate nitrean with peanut butter and water blended...

chocolate and strawberry nitrean with milk is good..

basically if you can think of putting chocolate or strawberry and even vanilla into something... put that powder in it to help get your intake up.

shakes are a VERY easy way to make sure you get the right amount of protien you need if you have a hard time getting it int he other portions of your diet. It's why I LOVE nitrean so much..it's VERY high quality, a GREAT blend of protiens themselves, and mixes as well as it tastes! Always worth a shot for sure!
    Proud to be sponsored by APT prowriststraps.com

90* just means you're halfway there to becoming a man!

Banned
    nitrean

http://atlargenutrition.com/nutritio...?products_id=1

i eat 3-4 scoops a day so that wouldnt last me too long (3 weeks)

thats why i go to sams club(department store) and buy a 6 pound bag for 25$

Banned
    is the sams club stuff even worth it?

Wannabebig Member frankzanewannab's Avatar
    the only time you should take a shake is right before a work out (to keep a light easy form of protein in your stomache during your work out, this keeps you in a more anabolic mode) and right after a work out. the latter should be taken with your daily source of simple sugar to help drive the fast acting whey into the blood filled muscles that are now injured and HUNGRY.
    and sometimes a good casien shake before bed to keep you in an anabolic state during sleep if your last meal is not before you hit the hay. everything else should be FOOD. food makes you grow more than shakes ever will. imo
    need hypertrophy

Quote Originally Posted by frankzanewannab View Post
    the only time you should take a shake is right before a work out (to keep a light easy form of protein in your stomache during your work out, this keeps you in a more anabolic mode) and right after a work out. the latter should be taken with your daily source of simple sugar to help drive the fast acting whey into the blood filled muscles that are now injured and HUNGRY.
    and sometimes a good casien shake before bed to keep you in an anabolic state during sleep if your last meal is not before you hit the hay. everything else should be FOOD. food makes you grow more than shakes ever will. imo
    This is a ridiculous generalization.

True, it's been suggested that a 2:1 mix of carbohydratesrotein is good both during and for up to 45 minutes after training, give or take, and that's not even necessary. You can eat a carb+protein meal (chicken and rice or something) 2 or so hours before you train. Other than that, the rest of your post is ludicrous.

Saying what people SHOULD do is stupid. People should do whatever they have to in order to get the results they're looking for. In fact, your idea of a casein shake before bed isn't even the best way to go. Eating a cup of cottage cheese is a much better alternative.

Shakes are an easy way for people to get a lot of calories very quickly. Liquid calories are easier to pack in for people that are trying to gain a significant amount of weight, and it doesn't matter when they're taken. Shakes are calories. Foods are calories. It all functions the same way...to give your body energy to expend.
    If one person can do something, anyone can learn to do it.
    Do what you've always done and get what you've always gotten.
    There is no failure, only feedback.

"Journey of 1000 miles starts with a single step".--Lao Tzu

Pro-Choice...ON EVERYTHING.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by atmzsa View Post
    is the sams club stuff even worth it?
    my sams club has a large stock of all kinds of ****

Quote Originally Posted by failed View Post
    my sams club has a large stock of all kinds of ****
    key word being ****
    Proud to be sponsored by APT prowriststraps.com

90* just means you're halfway there to becoming a man!

Quote Originally Posted by VikingWarlord View Post
    This is a ridiculous generalization.

True, it's been suggested that a 2:1 mix of carbohydratesrotein is good both during and for up to 45 minutes after training, give or take, and that's not even necessary. You can eat a carb+protein meal (chicken and rice or something) 2 or so hours before you train. Other than that, the rest of your post is ludicrous.

Saying what people SHOULD do is stupid. People should do whatever they have to in order to get the results they're looking for. In fact, your idea of a casein shake before bed isn't even the best way to go. Eating a cup of cottage cheese is a much better alternative.

Shakes are an easy way for people to get a lot of calories very quickly. Liquid calories are easier to pack in for people that are trying to gain a significant amount of weight, and it doesn't matter when they're taken. Shakes are calories. Foods are calories. It all functions the same way...to give your body energy to expend.
    guess i pissed you off... don't know how. didn't mean to. but i don't really care. i know what i am talking about.
    just so you know, me saying "should" was not directed personally to him. it was a general recommendation. and shakes generally are junk compared to real food. they aren't even fda regulated.
    and if you read my post correctly you would understand that i said casien protien should be taken before bed IF your last meal isn't before bedtime. meal = real food, ie cottage cheese.
    and if foods are calories then why not just eat skittles all day long and pose in the mirror waiting for results?
    pipe down and go get some... it's obviously been a while.
    need hypertrophy

guess i pissed you off... don't know how. didn't mean to. but i don't really care. i know what i am talking about.
    No, I'm just providing the most thorough possible answer. I also don't mince words and call things exactly as I see them. It's a sad, sad bastard that actually gets upset at words on a screen.

just so you know, me saying "should" was not directed personally to him. it was a general recommendation. and shakes generally are junk compared to real food. they aren't even fda regulated.
    I don't know, saying "the only time you should take a shake is right before a work out" seems more like trying to issue a directive than making a suggestion.

shakes generally are junk compared to real food. they aren't even fda regulated.
    That depends on how you define the word "shake". A "shake" is any source of liquid calories. Since most of what people around here drink include things like oats, peanut butter, olive oil, milk, and many other things in addition to powdered protein, you're dismissing liquid calories as a whole.

Probably best to separate the terms "shake" and "protein powder". One is not necessarily the other.

With regards to them being "junk", well...that's going to be a matter of opinion. Unless you're talking about collagen or something ridiculous like that, protein is protein, if it's powdered, it will just be available faster than if it's in a whole food. If you need to take in a lot of calories, it's easier and more convenient for a lot of folks to liquify a substantial portion of them.

and if you read my post correctly you would understand that i said casien protien should be taken before bed IF your last meal isn't before bedtime. meal = real food, ie cottage cheese.
    I read your post and I understood it, but you missed my point. You have been touting the benefits of "real food" (known to most everyone else as "whole food"), so why would you suggest a shake instead of an equivalent whole food?

and if foods are calories then why not just eat skittles all day long and pose in the mirror waiting for results?
    Because Skittles suck. Reese's Peanut Butter Cups have a much better anabolic effect, plus they make your penis grow.
    If one person can do something, anyone can learn to do it.
    Do what you've always done and get what you've always gotten.
    There is no failure, only feedback.

"Journey of 1000 miles starts with a single step".--Lao Tzu

Pro-Choice...ON EVERYTHING.

Quote Originally Posted by VikingWarlord View Post

Because Skittles suck. Reese's Peanut Butter Cups have a much better anabolic effect, plus they make your penis grow.
    funny... i forgot what the reat of the post said when i read this one.
    need hypertrophy

the suggesting of shakes around the work out comes from not weighing the stomache down before a work out but still having an easily absorbed protien in the bread basket so that you don't become catabolic. if i eat 2 hours before a work out then i will be starving before i am done.. therefore i eat my meals and throw the shake in there on the way to the gym. this was recommended to me and i have looked into it. it seems to be online with what i read.
    need hypertrophy