Some rules I live by, and I try to make others live by.
1. Save money, every paycheck take a % out of that and put in a different account for rough times. Never know when you'll get sick, lose your job, your car will break down, something will blow up in your house etc. Use this money for those types of expenses. And when your below what you should have, like my rule is I always want to be depositing a maxium ammount I put in a higher % then what I normally do. Currently 10% of my paycheck goes into my savings no question asked. should I require to use it to help pay for something important and it drops below an all time highw hich it will I began saving 15% until I get back up to my old standard.
2. Don't got the cash? Don't buy it... Unless its something like a car to go to work with, or a house to live in type deal. Example really want that brand new LCD screen? YOur old TV broke? Its costing you 1000 yet you only got 600 in the bank. Guess what your not getting the brand new LCD screen and are out of a TV untl you can afford it. Remember the essetinals in life are as follows
4. Car + Gas (don't use if you don't need)
refering to the car, each time you turn on that car you use money, don't use it if you don't go too. Wanna go to the store? Why not walk? Wanna go to a friends why not have him come over, or walk ove rthere. Try not to drive it'lls ave you cash
3. Invest, depending on what type of risk your willing to take, or what kind of gains you want invest your money wisely...
4. Be money smart, I'm going to amsterdamn next week (hehe yea!) so for thepast few weeks i've changed up my eating habits on my break, i've saved me a bit.
5. Try to not impulse buy, in fact set a limit varying on how much you make. Like I will set a limit of myself for 10 dollars a day. As in if I see something I like, I need think it over unless its cheaper then 10 bucks then I just buy it.
Remember, its not how much you got,, its how you use it.