Thread: Bigger Arms. Is this legit?

Hybrid View

Bigger Arms. Is this legit?

I got an article emailed to me by a friend. is this legit?

Add up to 1 Inch On Your Arms in 3 Workouts
    By Pete Sisco
    Every guy wants bigger arms! There really is no bodypart that says "big and powerful" as
    clearly and obviously as a big pair of python arms.
    I get a ton of e-mail from guys wanting to maximize their arm training. I've created
    optimized routines for many but if you want a 'quick and dirty' method that delivers high
    intensity overload and results that you've never experienced before...here it is.
    The Big Hurdle
    First I have to tell you the biggest hurdle most people face when wanting to increase their
    workout intensity and their progress in the gym. This first step results from the fact...yes
    fact...that over 90% of the regular trainees in your gym are overtraining. And once your
    body is in an over trained condition no routine can help you.
    The first priority of your body is to fully recover. Then, and only then, will it go to work
    creating new muscle. So step one of my Add One Inch to your Arms Workout is to take
    two weeks off all strength training! I can hear the groans now. "But I "need" to work out
    3 times a week." No you don't. More likely you've turned a love of the gym into a toofrequent
    training schedule. Hey, if I liked getting my hair cut it wouldn't help me to go to
    a barber 3 times a week? Growth takes time. That's a fact you need to face if you want to
    train rationally.
    So if you lack the mental toughness to handle the above hurdle, you might as well stop
    reading this. This routine won't do anything for guys in an over trained state. These are
    the guys who haven't added any size to their arms in months. But they train more than
    anyone else. See the connection? The exception, of course, is for guys just starting out
    and for guys who understand training frequency and have adjusted their training days to
    compensate for their ever-increasing intensity of workouts. Those wonderful people can
    do this workout today.
    The Workout
    Years ago I conducted a study to measure the relative intensity of all the common arm
    exercises. (And other body part exercises, by the way.) This brief article won't permit the
    space to explain all that was measured and analyzed so I'm going to give you the
    conclusions. These exercises will add the most muscle to your biceps, triceps and
    forearms. Guaranteed.
    Biceps
    Seated Biceps Curl: Sit on a bench inside a Power Rack or Smith machine. Rest a barbell
    on the rack so that when you're sitting on the bench the bar is close to the end of your
    range of motion. (Close to your chin.) Take a shoulder-width underhand grip on the bar
    and lift it off the rack and curl if a couple of inches toward your chin. Use a weight that is
    so heavy you can only hold it for 5 seconds. This exercise allows you to use more weight
    than you normally would. Try to curl 150% to 200% of your normal biceps curl weight.
    If you can hold the weight more than 5 seconds it's too light. Experiment a bit. You'll be
    rewarded by hoisting more weight than you biceps ever have!
    Triceps
    Close-Grip Bench Press: Also perform this exercise in a Power Rack or on a Smith
    machine. Limit the range of motion to the top third of your range. By limiting the range
    of motion you will be able to hoist a much heavier weight and it's that big weight - not
    the range of motion - that triggers new muscle growth. Grip the bar with your hands
    spaced about four inches apart and contract your triceps to lift the bar off the support and
    to full extension without locking out. You should only move the bar an inch ore two off
    the supports. Use a weight that is so heavy you can only hold it 5 seconds without locking
    out. Again, with this restricted range you should be able to use at least 50% more weight
    than normal and some people can lift double the first try.
    Forearms
    Forearms tend to be neglected in most workouts but these two exercises are fabulous at
    generating an awesome intensity of overload to these highly visible and impressive
    muscles.
    Seated Wrist Curls: Sit on a bench and take an underhand grip on a barbell. Rest your
    wrists on your knees so your hands extend beyond your knees. Allow the weight of the
    bar to force your wrist toward the floor. Use your forearm muscles to power the weight
    back up and hold it in that position for 5 seconds Again, if you can hold it longer, it's too
    light.
    Wrist Curls Behind the Back: These are performed by holding a barbell behind your back
    with your palms facing backward. It helps to have the bar on a rack to start or to have a
    training partner place the bar in your hands. The heavy bar will naturally hang down and
    your wrists will be in a relaxed position. Use your forearm muscles to power the weight
    up by bending your wrists. You can use a lot more weight on this exercise than you think
    you can. Go heavy. Don't worry about getting a full range of motion, just flex your wrists
    then hold that position for 5 seconds.
    Avoid any other arm training whatsoever. Return to the gym in 4 or 5 days and repeat
    these four exercises. Each time you perform the four exercises in this arm workout try to
    increase your weights by 15-25%. Doing the same workout each time gets you nowhere.
    It's all about making progress. Progress drives new muscle growth.
    Go Buy Some Bigger Shirts
    Perform the above workout three times over the next twelve to fifteen days. Avoid any
    other arm training during this time. You can train your other muscle groups and you can
    perform all the low intensity aerobics you want during this time. But remember, if you
    started this program in an overtrained condition you won't see results.
    Done the exact way described, this routine will add new muscle strength and very
    significant size to even the most developed arms.
    Always train with your brain,
    Pete
    I want to be a gladiator on Spartacus. Or at least be on the same cycle as them.

Measurements

Height - 6'
    Weight - 247 lbs
    BF% - 16

Do you really have to ask if this is legit?
    My brother and I were brutal. I once chased him around the house with a spoon that I put on the burner. I burned that little pricks leg. -sharkall2003

Then I saw a little african boy sleeping, and I thought...that is little Okeke. he is tired from herding all the goats and the big goat got away today - Rock

Bodybuilding Mythbuster
    One of the more foolish articles I have read. To cite just one issue:

Nothing about diet at all in that article. According to the author it's all about those exercises and rest. So calories don't count?

Utter nonsense.

The author is well known for making silly claims like after training for only 60 seconds you can be strong enough to lift a car.

www.precisiontraining.com

Another claim is that with his training you can be strong enough to bench 500+ lbs, deadlift 600+ lbs and leg press (note not squat) 1500+ lbs.

He then goes on to say that "I know regular people who can double all of those lifts". Really? You know people who can bench over 1000 lbs and leg press 3000 lbs? Are there machines that even hold 3000+ lbs?

(italics are mine)
    Last edited by Songsangnim; 03-31-2008 at 07:37 PM.

All I had to do was read the title and come up with my answer. NOPE!

The only thing missing is the Muscletech logo and picture of Anator P 70.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Just get under the bar!

this guy is full of it. his "research" is flawed and unfounded. ....curling in the squat rack....
    Sarvamangalam!

I stopped after I read the 1 inch on your arms in 3 workouts.
    My brother and I were brutal. I once chased him around the house with a spoon that I put on the burner. I burned that little pricks leg. -sharkall2003

Then I saw a little african boy sleeping, and I thought...that is little Okeke. he is tired from herding all the goats and the big goat got away today - Rock

Quote Originally Posted by HahnB View Post
    I stopped after I read the 1 inch on your arms in 3 workouts.
    haha me2. I read the first line and knew it wasn't legit and didn't waste time on the rest.

I didnt think it was legit. I just wanted to double check there was no validity to the work out at all.
    I want to be a gladiator on Spartacus. Or at least be on the same cycle as them.

Measurements

Height - 6'
    Weight - 247 lbs
    BF% - 16

I actually read through the whole thing, he makes good points about overtraining but that's the only positive thing I can mention about this article.

There was a guy at the gym I go to that was following this routine. I didn't know about it just until now, but the pieces have come together now. Well, long story short everyone in the gym would watch this guy in amazement do his 1-2 inch range of motion with ridiculous amount of weight. We would fear for his safety because he would bounce the weight around off the rack pins.
    Anyway, some people made friends with him and eventually he stopped this nonsense after getting solid advice.
    5'8'' 180 lbs

Big 3: 1035

Couldn't find IAMBUFF.COM
    Quote Originally Posted by Davor View Post
    I actually read through the whole thing, he makes good points about overtraining but that's the only positive thing I can mention about this article.
    I agree!

After reading this part of the article I had hope for it... I should have known better
    Last edited by nddillon; 04-01-2008 at 01:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NormalDude View Post
    ...There really is no bodypart that says "big and powerful" as clearly and obviously as a big pair of python arms...
    Hopefully this guy never needs to lift a dump truck off his girlfriend.

"Pete, HELP"! (gasping for air)

"Oh my gosh Julie your being crushed by this huge truck, I will save you" (huge arms swinging at his side) "Don't fail me now you big sexy pair of pythons".

"Ugh AAAAAAA!" (truck doesn't budge) "Hmmm, maybe if my arms were bigger this would be a little easier", says Pete.

"Maybe if you were a little more proportionate I wouldn't be dying right now", replies his soon to be dead girlfriend.

"No, I think it's my arms". Pete runs to gym to trade in his big arms for even more powerful ones. Upon his return he finds that his beloved Julie has been crushed.

"NOOOOOO, Julie I love you Why has this happened to... oh wow, check out how huge my arms are".
    If your shins ain't bleeding then it's not a Dead Lift

Stats:
    Start Wt - 138
    Current Wt - 160
    Height - 6'-1"
    My Journal (Pics: Post# 11,17,88,165)
    Hard Gainers Meal Menu
    Progress Pics

Every guy wants bigger arms! There really is no bodypart that says "big and powerful" as
    clearly and obviously as a big pair of python arms.
    As TFLEX already stated, this is just a ridiculous statement. Not all guys want bigger arms. Big arms are nice, but I'd rather have big broad shoulders and a thick core with tree trunks for legs.
    "Fine, if I'm not allowed to light it on fire, can my imaginary friend?"

"no other arm exercises" SO I guess we aren't allowed to bench press or row or do chins or shoulder press or....
    There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
    Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left.
    Are you eating while you are reading this? You should be... --hrdgain81
    Remember, kids, if you type well the Grammar Fairy will leave a quarter under your pillow. The Blue Book of Grammar and Punctuation

Well, the Blog's (finally) back (again!): Love and Hope and Sex and Dreams Feel free to stop by and comment.
    Here is my newly-created World of Warcraft Blog: BG's WoW Blog. Once again, feel free to stop by and comment.

Getting un-streamlined Progress's Avatar
    April fools anyone? Seems like a joke to me.

Maybe +1'' of a pump?

i did this routine it is awsome guyz it will put meat on ur biceps and tricepts in like only 3 workouts i love it and recommend it to anyone try it out it will make ur arms bigger bicepts

^^ha ha great post there man...I'm sure it will be well received

you being sarcastic? I hope so
    age---------22
    weight------140 145 150 155 160 165 170 and counting
    height------ 5'9"

Bench 225x1 | Squat 325x1 | Deadlift 355x5
    My Journal

Remember - if it were easy then everyone would do it.

Quote Originally Posted by hardgainer169 View Post
    ^^ha ha great post there man...I'm sure it will be well received

you being sarcastic? I hope so
    He's not. I've done the program too.

I put on 2.7" on my guns without adding size anywhere else. Well, almost anywhere. Somehow I put on an extra inch 'down there' too.

Gym PRs: 365/240/440=1045

People need to quit ****ing asking what they need to do, exercise wise, until they reinforce their technique - Dave Tate

The never-ending pursuit of becoming Strong(er) - My Westside journal

3 workouts? Pffffft I don't have that kind of time to spend getting jacked. Pass the synthol.

Yeah, I know.....Its huge Ockhams_Razor's Avatar
    By limiting the range of motion you will be able to hoist a much heavier weight and it's that big weight - not the range of motion - that triggers new muscle growth.
    well crap, i've been doing it all wrong, i need to rethink my workout intensity
    "Only advantage of having a larger ROM in the gym is to punch newbies who try to steal your equipment." -mikey4402