Thread: Cardio: Bikes how good are they??

Cardio: Bikes how good are they??

Hey guys I currently try to get 30 minutes of cardio in on the days I am resting from my routine. I wanted to know How good are the Exercise Bikes for weight Reducing and Stanima???
    Everytime I go to my Gym no matter what time ALL THE DAMN WOMEN ARE ON THE TREADMILLS.
    F-FIVE!!!!! F-FIVE!!!!!! ITS OVER ITS OVER!!!!!

I think they work good. I think actually going out and bike riding is a MUCH better workout..especially downhill and on mountains cause it involves your whole body...Also helps build your calves and quads.

I ride the stationery bike and I think its pretty good, I would prefer a treadmill but I dont have one here at my house.

^ is a horny teenager.
    i ride a bike, it burns fat on the back of your legs ( a common trouble spot) so its cool

Zalxder-
    You think this or you have some kind of study to back it up? I have never believed that bodyfat could be spot reduced.

it can't
    Deadlifts are like women, they'll hurt you everytime, but they'll also make you a man. - Me

Friends don't let friends do dumbell kickbacks. - Me

ElP is the smartest man in the world. - Gyno Rhino

A low voter turnout is an indication of fewer people going to the polls. -- Dan Quayle

If do right, no can defense. -- Mr. Miyagi

Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey:

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

Is there anything more beautiful than a beautiful, beautiful flamingo, flying across in front of a beautiful sunset? And he's carrying a beautiful rose in his beak, and also he's carrying a very beautiful painting with his feet. And also, you're drunk.

Current FFFA Enforcer

layin up against a dumpster in a 100 dollar jumper, smothered in southern comfort.
    Dear Zal. No.

I prefer the bike actually, as it doesn't take a toll on my knees and feet.

I like to ride my 20 inch bike, and do a little freestyle when I have time. Riding up hills on that thing will work your legs like a mofo.
    Squat - 505
    Bench - 325
    Deadlift - 550
    Total - 1380@175

Wannabebig Member
    I love my bike. It's the best. I ride outdoors. At the gym, I like the elyptical - - I think that's what it's called. The thing that looks like it's skis kinda - - you guy's know what I mean. I hope.
    Remember when you were young...
    you shone like the sun!

Banned
    I used to ride bike all the time because I really hate running. I DO run, I CAN run, but a stint in the army kinda ruined my knees and ankles (YOU run around in full combat gear with a ruck and rifle and see if your knees don't get messed up!!).

However, I recently tried those elliptical trainers that the gyms have these days (they look like a StairMaster and a Nordic Track had offspring together...)

I find it to be a great workout, I can get my heart rate up and keep it there with no pain for a good 45 min session.

Wannabebig Member
    i think bikes are great. Just remember to keep the intensity up. I also read an article that said riding a bike was the best possible excersize for abs. Go figure.

I used to use it as a quick warmup before running. Not bad, but if you CAN, by all means RUN!

Originally posted by Zalxder
    i ride a bike, it burns fat on the back of your legs ( a common trouble spot) so its cool
    tuttut

mountain biking owns - cardio + full body workout.

------

If it doesn't hurt, you're not trying hard enough.