Thread: Promotional Ideas..

still dislikes Art Atwood Hatred's Avatar

Promotional Ideas..

Ok. So I officially start doing promotions for my nightclub as of tonight.

I think this is going to go very well. So far I've got a list of about 60 people coming for bday's etc tonight so I think I'll be making a splash..

I've gotten a lot of support from you folks and would value some of your opinions for "theme nights" at a club.

Everyone's done the college study group thing
    I've got a few ideas that I'm going to document and roll out in such a way that I make sure I get credit. My new gm isn't the most trustworthy. Ok, he isn't trustworthy at all. He'll totally take any ideas I have as his own.

So I'm CMA here..

Anywho.

Any ideas that any of you might have will be appreciated. If applied I'll post pics of the event here somewhere to show you your baby in action and thank you endlessly. As a matter of fact if it REALLY takes off and becomes a a regular night I have ZERO problem breaking you off.

One of my friends suggested a "Best Flirt in Sacramento" night.

It was an awesome idea.. basically there are anonymous judges that walk around and assess who the best male and female flirts are...and there would be a cash prize or hotel room at the end of the night etc
    It's brilliant really. a lot more people will get laid and more drinks will be bought.....one begets the other.. lol.

Thanks guys, and wish me luck.
    Out of the night that covers me,Black as the Pit from pole to pole,I thank whatever gods may be for my unconquerable soul. In The fell clutch of circumstance I have not winced nor cried aloud. Under the bludgeonings of chance my head is bloody, but unbowed. Beyond this place of wrath and tears looms but the horror of the shade And yet the menace of the years finds, and shall find, me unafraid. It matters not how strait the gate how charged with punishments the scroll,I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul.
    Twitter: @joshuagbsn Follow me as I laugh at the world, and you.

Yeah I like that idea.

The only .02 I can throw in here is that if there's a dancefloor to make sure it's always fairly dark. The darker the dancefloor the more likely people will actually dance. Maybe TwiloMike could help you out on this one.
    ...........||High School||.....||July '05||.......||January '09||
    Bench.........225x1...............275x1.................?
    Squat...........?.......................?....................365x5
    Deadlift........?.....................315x5...............435x5
    Weight........180...................192...................185
    BF%.............?......................12.....................12
    Time to Get Ripped
    Pictures of Me

Wow. Usually I love your posts...but THIS is what you suggest? lol

C'mon put your thinking caps on people!!!!!

An update. I had the most legendary debut as a promoter tonight.

We set a sales record and I had almost 90% of 75 people show up.

It was packed.
    Out of the night that covers me,Black as the Pit from pole to pole,I thank whatever gods may be for my unconquerable soul. In The fell clutch of circumstance I have not winced nor cried aloud. Under the bludgeonings of chance my head is bloody, but unbowed. Beyond this place of wrath and tears looms but the horror of the shade And yet the menace of the years finds, and shall find, me unafraid. It matters not how strait the gate how charged with punishments the scroll,I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul.

What is the bar you work at like? What is your target customer?

That could be a very cool gig, though most likely a pantload of work.

The club here I'm no longer allowed into just ran an Egyptian night last night, every Wednesday they do their Retro Rewind where it's nothing but 70s and 80s music, all kinds of things.

Not sure how risque you're looking to get, but lingerie parties would bring people in like mad, I'm sure.

Hell, even throw a contest to see who can come up with the best promotional idea, then the winner gets VIP treatment for him and 3 friends or some **** like that.

EDIT: Also, I'm guessing it's a nightclub with a younger crowd...have you considered text message promoting? There are programs or services that will send out massive amounts of text messages to anyone on the list. Most of your target demographic are text whores, I'm sure.
    Last edited by VikingWarlord; 04-06-2008 at 10:54 AM.
    If one person can do something, anyone can learn to do it.
    Do what you've always done and get what you've always gotten.
    There is no failure, only feedback.

"Journey of 1000 miles starts with a single step".--Lao Tzu

Pro-Choice...ON EVERYTHING.

Actually, its a lot of fun to make up just random reasons to party.
    I am a big fan of a 'Half way to new years' party. Have door prizes which consist of a decent bottle of sparkling champaign or something.
    Thats all I got right now, I got rather indian drunk lastnight. Gonna go nurse the hangover!
    My sig scared getfit.

The bar I frequent hires pretty girls to basically walk around and talk to people, promoting different events, drink specials, whatever you want them to do basically. I'm not sure how productive it is, but they seem to think it works. Just something to consider. Are you looking for more of an advertising idea to bring people into the club, or something that's more internal to keep the ones coming back that are already there?
    My brother and I were brutal. I once chased him around the house with a spoon that I put on the burner. I burned that little pricks leg. -sharkall2003

Then I saw a little african boy sleeping, and I thought...that is little Okeke. he is tired from herding all the goats and the big goat got away today - Rock

stuff to make the ladies come. thats all you really have to worry about, haha.
    23 years old
    6'3, 308 lbs

825 Squat
    470 Bench
    645 Deadlift
    1905 total
    www.atlargenutrition.com

"fantasia" night - pretty much a sex toy party like college chicks always have except its at the bar.

"pretty in pink" - portion of cover is donated to breast cancer charity - anyone wearing pink gets some sort of free shirt or a ticket for a free drink or whatever

have your bar host the "after-party" for formals/banquets/whatevers

beach party night

Sex and the City night - give out sex and the city dvd's to the girls that are dressed up the most like the characters from sex and the city.

Music CD release party - Pick up free **** from the record label and give it away all night long to promote one of their artists that is dropping a new cd that week.

mexican night - cheap tequila, sombreros etc.

The bar I work at has a bit of a sports theme so they gave out VIP cards to all the varsity athletes at our local college so that they don't have to line up to get in. You could do the same with whatever is the "In" crowd at your bar.

Ooooh I am a big fan of black and white parties. They are fun as well.
    My sig scared getfit.

Swingers night. Leave your clothes at the door.

Sex clubs are huge in SF. Don't think Sacramento is ready to go there YET.
    A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government. - Edward Abbey

There is a wide difference between speaking to deceive, and being silent to be impenetrable. - Voltaire

If it can be imagined, it can be done. - Me

6'2"
    273 lbs.

Never heard of Trino's huh?

This place is an upscale pool hall. we cater to late 20's to late early 40's.
    I do text message promoting currently.

LOL I used to live across the street from Trino's. One time I went in it was all trannies. So I left immediately. I swear I did. No, really.
    A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government. - Edward Abbey

There is a wide difference between speaking to deceive, and being silent to be impenetrable. - Voltaire

If it can be imagined, it can be done. - Me

6'2"
    273 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by HahnB View Post
    The bar I frequent hires pretty girls to basically walk around and talk to people, promoting different events, drink specials, whatever you want them to do basically. I'm not sure how productive it is, but they seem to think it works. Just something to consider. Are you looking for more of an advertising idea to bring people into the club, or something that's more internal to keep the ones coming back that are already there?
    This is interesting. HahnB you talking about them going around town *during the day* or chatting/flirting it up at the bar/club during night time? Seems like it could be a good idea but as you might be pointing out if there were a lot of regulars who frequent the bar then you could run into some problems over the phony-ness of the tactic.

Also as has been p ointed out in this thread I have a feeling the goal is going to be to get as many quality ladies to your club as possible and the rest will follow.
    Time to Get Ripped
    Pictures of Me

If you want women to come to the bar, you get good looking guy bartenders. I managed a pub back in college, it was usually a mellow hang out place and then I hired these two really good looking guys and after about a month I started noticing more and more woman coming in. A couple months after that an article was written about the place as an unknown hot spot for meeting women. Then bam we were slammed 4 days a week and busy 3 nights a week.
    Never shall innocent blood be shed, yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The Three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of God.

^ That definitely seems like a solid idea. Hatred probably doesn't have that sort of managerial authority yet but could still come in handy when he has to pick co-workers or hire any other temporary staff or whatever. Plus Hatred looks like an attractive guy from the pics I've seen.

I would think bars and clubs would get people applying to work for them often enough that it would be easy to make sure they were employing attractive staff. Who knows though, I'm sure there are plenty of stupid managers/owners who just don't ever think about this sort of stuff.

Whatever, I don't feel like I've contributed anything of value to this entire thread.
    Time to Get Ripped
    Pictures of Me

A friend of mine does promotions for a club out here in Van and I always see facebook groups for their different events. Next time you have an event, talk to all the people you invited before and tell them to tell all their friends, word of mouth goes a long way, as does facebook and myspace.

Good clubs offer incentives for events, especially the skanky events. one of best ones is short skirt night at one of my fav clubs, the event offers cheaper drinks to girls that come out in mini skirts. Remember in college and high schools where parties were rated by the amount of pussy at them? Have lots of events happening for girls, most clubs have free cover before X time for girls once or twice a week.

Looking at the age group, have you thought about a 'swingers' event?

You want good looking people not only as bar tenders but as waitresses, hostesses, but that's the older trick in the book.
    Last edited by lakeripple; 04-06-2008 at 11:13 PM.
    Goal: Set a deadlift provincial record in mens junior.

Banned
    I don't know if this will work at a club, but I've head it work at a houseparty:
    Rubik's ube night. Everyone shows up wearing all sorts of different colours and trades clothing to try and go home wearing only one colour. You could give wristbands to people that show up wearing 4 or more colours and give them prizes if they ever get to wearing one colour.

RedSpikey:

those are really fun. another great party theme is a stoplight party. You wear green if you're single, yellow if its complicated and red if you are in a relationship.

Have an erotic fashion show night. Basically work it out with a local purveyor of "erotic" apparel for both women AND men (gotta give the ladies a reason to go) and then do a mini runway show. You can incorporate some fun games into it, kinky if possible ("slave" auctions, whippings by a hot dominatrix, best underwear contest with audience participation, etc.). This was done a few times a year at a local club and the turnout was always great and the shows were a lot of fun.
    5'9" 195 lbs
    DL 600x1
    SQ 490x1 (raw)
    BP 430x1 (shirted), 320x1 (raw)
    SN 209x1 C+J 250x1

My Training Journal
    www.illinipowerlifting.org

"Most people don't want to learn new things. They only want to hear about things that validate crap they're already doing." - Mike Boyle

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bupp View Post
    RedSpikey:

those are really fun. another great party theme is a stoplight party. You wear green if you're single, yellow if its complicated and red if you are in a relationship.
    LOL I almost posted that one

Jimmy Buffett cover band...

http://www.potcband.com/video2.html

These guys clean up, locally.

5/3/1 Journal

http://http://www.wannabebig.com/for...83#post1766083