Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: George Halbert performing a great prehab-rehab delt exercise

it's cool how such a suttle movement can do so much for you. i tried these the other day and loved em. i have a friend who tore his labrium about a year ago (rugby player), and he's still battling problems with his rear delts. i'm going to suggest these to him.
    23 years old
    6'3, 308 lbs

825 Squat
    470 Bench
    645 Deadlift
    1905 total
    www.atlargenutrition.com

Quote Originally Posted by bigbadwolfe View Post
    It works, TRUST ME!!!!
    I will take George's word but will never trust you!

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Luyando View Post
    I will take George's word but will never trust you!
    rob luyando-wned!
    Proud to be sponsored by APT prowriststraps.com

90* just means you're halfway there to becoming a man!

did these today after my bench workout and loved them too... 40's are heavy! I've got to start picking up the pace a little!

Quote Originally Posted by thewicked View Post
    rob luyando-wned!
    That is one of the best "Owneds" I have seen in a awhile. Kudos to you my friend
    MONSTER MODE

just for you wolfey! HAHA

I tried these. I did 3 sets of 10 with 12lb dumbells, lol! They were hard!

Wannabebig New Member

George Halbert

Thanks for taking interest in the h-roll. I have tried hundreds of shoulder/rotator exercises for rehab/prehab and have found this to be my favorite. A couple of things to keep in mind. First the angle this is performed at is crucial the closer your upper body is to parallel to the floor the better the exercise will work. Whereas the more upright you are the less effective the exercise is and if there is already shoulder damage this could increase it. Also the finish of the exercise should be in the shape of an h. with the forearms and biceps perpendicular to one another. If any discomfort is felt this is most likely due to an impingement of the shoulder. If this is the case use lighter weights and higher reps and over time this exercise should address the impingement.

Ladies and Gentlemen....the great George Halbert has spoken!

can't wait for the meet in a couple weeks bro!

ok...not sure I would ever have thought George would post on the internet.

Secondly, I didn't know you could say Impingement and perpindicular George lol j/k with ya...

Paul Key

I guess I was doing them wrong. Thanks George.

Quote Originally Posted by p12owerhouse View Post
    Thanks for taking interest in the h-roll. I have tried hundreds of shoulder/rotator exercises for rehab/prehab and have found this to be my favorite. A couple of things to keep in mind. First the angle this is performed at is crucial the closer your upper body is to parallel to the floor the better the exercise will work. Whereas the more upright you are the less effective the exercise is and if there is already shoulder damage this could increase it. Also the finish of the exercise should be in the shape of an h. with the forearms and biceps perpendicular to one another. If any discomfort is felt this is most likely due to an impingement of the shoulder. If this is the case use lighter weights and higher reps and over time this exercise should address the impingement.
    as so it was written!

THANKS MR. HALBERT!

Yep, thanks for contributing George!

Just an FYI guys, we are working up a flyer George helped us to compose with his top 5 big bench tips. It will be available on AtLarge very soon.

Chris

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Quote Originally Posted by chris mason View Post

Just an FYI guys, we are working up a flyer George helped us to compose with his top 5 big bench tips. It will be available on AtLarge very soon.

Chris
    SICK!!!!

NASA KY CHAIRMAN NASAKYCHAIRMAN's Avatar
    That's great seeing you post the info about the H-Roll. I hope you keep posting because have a lot of knowledge that could help a lot of lifters.

Thanks a lot

TRAIN HARD

"BIG WILLIE" J.T. HALL
    http://www.criticalbench.com/JT-Hall-Big-Willie.htm
    GOT MAXIMUM MASS STACK?

just watched this again since I got to thinking about it while I was outside hoeing my garden of all things! Watching the video it hit me that this is the Reverse Hyper for the shoulder joint. Watch Halberts motion with these, its just like seeing the guys from WSB doing Reverse Hypers. I'm going to add these in on my routine thats chopped down to begin with as I need a big bang exercise. Press/Row-Chin/H-Roll and everything important is hit.

Demons of Steel and Flesh HP666's Avatar
    I gotta say, my rotators are a bit sketchy to begin with, but I've added H-Rolls into my training, both light and heavy and it has made a huge difference. This is one awesome exercise and if anyone hasn't used it yet, give it a whirl for a few weeks and you'll notice a difference.

UPA Lousiana Chairman Eric Downey's Avatar
    those are great for the delts. I've been doing those since 1999. when i first got personal trainer certified it was one of the movements the man showed us.
    CLASH FOR CASH RAW504 SEPT. 11, 2010 KENNER, LA CLICK FOR INFO
    Eric "BIG EZY" Downey
    RAW BENCH BEST: 523 Raw Unity 2010
    RAW UNITY VID
    RAW TOTAL BEST:534.5 - 507 - 556.5 1598 APA Raw Nationals 2010
    534 SQUAT
    507 BENCH
    556 DEADLIFT
    Facebook YOUTUBE

Wannabebig Member
    Welcome Mr. Halbert!

I am a nobody, just a lurker who loves to train...I love the pics that Kroc posted of you guys over on EFS. Very inspirational to see so many greats together!

-j

Iron4Life
    Just a question for George or anyone around him...
    When George says "the closer your upper body is to parallel to the floor the better the exercise will work"... does it mean that performing it on a flat bench is the best or do you have to have some kind of incline?

And thanks George for being another great resource on WBB... one of the greats offering advice.. awesome.

Chris
    Excercise looks good ill have to check it out

Chris if you can please get george to post here more i got a lot of questions i would like to ask him

Wannabebig Member

h roll

how heavy should you go on that exercise

Quote Originally Posted by Erik 23 View Post
    Excercise looks good ill have to check it out

Chris if you can please get george to post here more i got a lot of questions i would like to ask him
    I think George just isn't someone who spends much time online. I will see what I can do.

Chris

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

I think George just isn't someone who spends much time online. I will see what I can do.

Chris
    Thanx Chris George is a living legend i feel we could all benefit from just asking a few questions and getting his responses as he is so knowledgable.Good job on sponsoring lifters like him also your company has some of the best athletes in the world sponsored by you keep on doing what you do chris i love reading the articles on your website.

George works quite a bit and when he's not working, he's lifting. He just doesn't have much time for the internet

Superior Athletics - Northeast Ohio's Center for Athlete Training
    *Westside Barbell Certified Gym