The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Wannabebig New Member

Looking For Advice..

I'm New To The Forum... And Seeking Advice.

My Goal Is To Lose BodyFat (Mostly In My Stomach Area) I Have Abs Coming In But Only The Upper Two Cus The Lower Area Of My Stomach I Have A Gut.. And To Gain Size In My Arms And Chest.

I Have Started To Eat Healthier, And Im Lifting Atleast 5 Days A Week..

I Am 6'0 180 Lbs..

Any Advice Diet Wise, Routine Wise, Supplement Wise.. Would Be Gladly Appreciated Thanks..

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Well, unfortunately you might be fishing in the wrong pond for the advice you're looking for because mostly here your gonna get advice on how to get big. When it comes to bodyfat, the only solution is diet.

-Create a caloric deficit; meaning, eat less than you burn.
    -Do yourself a favor and track your calories (www.fitday.com).
    -Lift more (more muscles = more calories being burned).
    -Eat lean but don't sacrifice your fats (good fats, poly and monounsaturated fats like olive oil, grapeseed oil, natural peanut butter)
    -Less carbs = less fat (a person exercising vigorously can have an increase in insulin sensitivity up to 80%). However, you are lifting so you need to be eating complete carbs to restore your muscle glycogen from day to day.
    -Eat lots of fruits and vegetables to clean out your digestive system and provide healthy energy (you won't feel hungry as often).
    -5-6 small meals per day. Eggs are great, because they are the most complete source of protein. Tuna is a super easy protein.
    -Consume about 1 gram to each pound of bodyweight in protein per day. For carbs, I don't think a formula exists but as long as you're staying under your calorie ceiling it shouldn't matter.
    Last edited by dougyp; 04-07-2008 at 11:37 AM.

Wannabebig New Member
    Thanks Man.. Im Saying I Am Trying To Get Bigger But I Would Like To Lose This Little Gut Left..

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenChild View Post
    Thanks Man.. Im Saying I Am Trying To Get Bigger But I Would Like To Lose This Little Gut Left..
    Well you can't do both at the same time. Decide which is more important to you right now and go from there. If you want to get bigger, lift hard and eat lots. If you want to lose fat, most of the advice given above is solid but you should head over to the diet/nutrition section and do some reading of your own to get a more complete understanding.

Edit:

Also, your caps lock is on...
    Last edited by deeder; 04-07-2008 at 11:50 AM.
    Full Powerlifting
    Squat - 595lbs -- 270kg -- Dec. 31, '09 (Provincial Record @100kg class)
    Bench - 374lbs -- 170kg -- Dec 20, '08 (@100kg class)
    Dead - 589lbs -- 267.5kg -- Dec 20, '08 (Provincial Record @100kg class)
    Total: 1537lbs -- 697.5kg -- Dec 20, '08 (Provincial Record @ 100kg class)
    Bench Only -- 358lbs -- 162.5kg -- Nov. 25, '07 (Provincial Record @ 90kg class)
    Bench Only -- 376lbs -- 171kg -- Jan. 26, '08 (Provincial Record @ 100kg class)

Wannabebig New Member
    Bump.. Anymore Advice?