The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Thread: elbow pain

elbow pain

Okay, I hurt my elbow doing upright rows about 16 days ago. 4 days later I was doing the same lifts and my elbow hurt again. I worked through it, and figured I would ice it and take an extra day off and everything would be fine. Well 12 days later it still is bothering me. I have avoided upper body workouts ever since.

I'm itching to get back in there and do some upper body lifts, but my elbow still hurts when I make any movement resembling an upright row. I know if I do arm curls I will get the same pain. I am hesitant to start with benching again, for fear of a setback in my healing time.

Anyone have a similar problem with upright rows? Also, the pain is on the outer side of my elbow and more on the bicep then forearm. Any ideas as to how long this could take to heal?

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

its really hard to tell how long it will take to heal without knowing what kind of injury you have. Probably time to go see the doctor and get some work done

Quote Originally Posted by Travis Bell View Post
    its really hard to tell how long it will take to heal without knowing what kind of injury you have. Probably time to go see the doctor and get some work done
    Is there really much that they can do besides tell me to take some asprin? I mean that honestly, what else can they do?

A doctor can much more accurately assess the severity of the damage, if any has in fact been done. Also, depending on what the damage may be, if you go to a sports doc he/she will probably know the best routes of rehabilitation.

First things first though, if a movement hurts don't do it. Try doing some extremely light extremely high rep movements like pushdowns to see if that can't get some blood flowing through to help. But again, if they hurt don't do em.
    "Fine, if I'm not allowed to light it on fire, can my imaginary friend?"

Quote Originally Posted by Viking_Power View Post
    Is there really much that they can do besides tell me to take some asprin? I mean that honestly, what else can they do?
    lots and lots of things man. They wouldn't be in business if they couldn't.

Alright, I think I'll wait until Monday, and if it is still bothering me I will go get it checked. It's probly good for me to just focus on lower body & core for awhile anyways.
    Thanks

Might wanna call around and find a chiropractor that adjusts extremities. I can almost guarantee you that it's out of place (pain could also be referred from the shoulder or the wrist). Have it popped back in place.

So, I went to a bone and joint doc today, and he said I strained my bicep. I guess a strain = a very slight tear... That sound right? Anyways, I can resume lifting at 1/2 of the ammount I left off at, and work through moderate pain. After doing a bunch of twists and pulls with my arms he said there was no strength loss.

Anyone deal with something similar? It's been about 3 weeks now and I just can't wait to get it back to 100%. How long did it take you?

Thanks for all the advice.