The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Thread: UD2

UD2

Well this is week two for me going well so far, I actually believe I find the carb load harder then the other days.
    I moved everything up a day so I start carb loading on friday morning after the gym.
    Some pasta after the gym at around 6am then about 4 bagels from 8-12 just had pasta and bread sticks at olive garden.
    I now feel as if i have 5lb weights attached to my eyelids.
    I love the carb load for the first hour or two but then it gets to be too much.

Going into this i thought the carb depletion would of been the worst but I believe its the other way around.
    I find the best part to be, is hitting the gym after the carb load for me its on sunday it feels great
    Last edited by Gonzo; 04-11-2008 at 02:33 PM.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

lmao.. 5lbs attached to your eyelids.. that's awesome.

yeah I get that too.. just keep eating. You'll look pregnant and your ass will hurt from ****ting so much, but it'll be worth it tomorrow when your muscles are full with glycogen and you look good again.
    Jake Sullivan
    6' - 280lbs - 29yrs old - Professional Highland Games Athlete
    curently off-season
    HG training log = road to pro
    youtube channel = www.youtube.com/xtra0t

Wannabebig Member
    thats not good, you shouldnt be feeling that tired on the carb load.

Nah, it's completely normal according to Lyle. Don't worry about it.
    Height: 5-9
    Weight:~160 @ 13-15 bf%?....starting figure after nearly a year of battling CFS/mono...so not too bad imo.

http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJ...Owner=ray34iyf
    Max Lifts:
    Don't know anymore..don't care atm.

Wannabebig Member
    ive done it and i never had it when i used slow carbs, if hes using fast carbs and loads of processed junk then this means he is spiking his insulin sky high which is whats causing him to get very sleepy quite quickly. if youre depleted your stores will still get replenished whether you have it in one sitting or over the day. Why not just break it up to avoid this problem, its obvious his carb sensitivity is an issue

I wannabebig!
    because

a. its not as fun
    b. its not as fun
    c. its not as fun

Im sure its a few things
    1, its end of the week
    2. Im at work sitting at a desk
    3. I dont take caffein or thermogens during the carb load
    4. I get up at 4:30 to go to the gym before work.

As far as what i ate that day it was lots of pasta and bagels etc..
    What did you guys eat during your carb load?
    Last edited by Gonzo; 04-12-2008 at 12:56 PM.

Wannabebig Member
    When i did UD2 i started my carb load with a big fruit smoothie made with all different types of fruit

I then moved onto things like basmati rice, wholegrain pasta, sweet potato, i even had a pint of ice cream in the mix

If the carbs you are eating are generally fibre devoid then this is going to affect you in terms of you being sleepy.

So when you start your carb load fast carbs are fine for id say from personal experience of 30% of your intake to start then move onto slow carbs to finish it off.

let us know how you get on next time round to see if theres any difference

I wannabebig!
    i ate a lot of pasta, bread, cereal, ff/low fat ice cream, rice, noodles, etc etc

Well i am going to be consuming fruit thorughout the day to see if that makes a difference.

Anyway just some input on this diet in general

this will be week three for me and to be honest i enjoy it more and more each week I never thought i would be enjoying a diet I love to eat!
    Its not that bad since in my mind I just have the 4 days to deplete but in the back of my mind I know come friday i can eat and fridays seem to be coming quicker and quicker.
    The best part by far is that workout after the carb load for me its on Sunday since i moved everything up a day.
    Im not sure what it is im sure it could be a lot of things but that workout is explosive!
    I look foward to that workout all week! never felt like that in the gym.
    Last edited by Gonzo; 04-18-2008 at 10:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    Well i am going to be consuming fruit thorughout the day to see if that makes a difference.

this will be week three for me and to be honest i enjoy it more and more each week I never thought i would be enjoying a diet I love to eat!
    Its not that bad since in my mind I just have the 4 days to deplete but in the back of my mind I know come friday i can eat and fridays seem to be coming quicker and quicker.
    The best part by far is that workout after the carb load for me its on Sunday since i moved everything up a day.
    Im not sure what it is im sure it could be a lot of things but that workout is explosive!

so after 3 weeks what progress have u made? do u feel like you have lost any strength? have you lost any weight?..

I just started this diet for the first time this week...I am kinda wondering how I am going to get all those carbs during my carb load, while keeping fat at 15% of my calories...it seems like it will be really hard.
    Last edited by hintsas5; 04-21-2008 at 08:06 PM.

As far as losing weight I am at 195 during the carb depletion maybe 198 on weekends probally started around 200.
    Either way I could care less about my weight I base my progress on how I look.
    Since I started i would say I can notice a difference in how my stomach and rest of my body looks.
    I am noticing some veins in my shoulders and in the front of my forearms at any given time not just when I work out.
    I am one who loves to see my veins so i know those are new ones.
    As far as strenght goes I would say I am stronger then before when it come to the Sunday workout.
    I am sure some of it is mental just the fact that in my mind i only have one day to lift heavy i believe i push myself a lot more then i did in the past.
    Last edited by Gonzo; 04-22-2008 at 08:49 AM.

Getting un-streamlined Progress's Avatar
    I'm on my second week now. I can't wait for my next carb load. The first one made me a little tired on Friday but not really noticeable. I did notice my muscles were massive that day.

As far as losing weight I am at 195 during the carb depletion maybe 198 on weekends probally started around 200.
    Either way I could care less about my weight I base my progress on how I look.
    Since I started i would say I can notice a difference in how my stomach and rest of my body looks.
    I am noticing some veins in my shoulders and in the front of my forearms at any given time not just when I work out.
    I am one who loves to see my veins so i know those are new ones.
    As far as strenght goes I would say I am stronger then before when it come to the Sunday workout.
    I am sure some of it is mental just the fact that in my mind i only have one day to lift heavy i believe i push myself a lot more then i did in the past.

Once you get your LBM higher you'll really see a weight fluctuation between depleted and overcompensated. I went from 221lbs on a thursday to 237lbs on saturday from one carb load... I know people on this board who have stretched that even higher (not sure if they're still around)..

The crappiest thing I noticed about being depleted is how flat and unvascular I am. Without the water to pump the muscles and push out the veins I just look like ****. Then saturday comes and everything is right where it's supposed to be and I look better.. weird stuff how that diet works. lol. Keep on track man, you'll see more and more progress!
    Jake Sullivan
    curently off-season

Little Jake
    That is a lot of weight fluctuation!

Also

Is there a certain amount of time one should follow this diet or just until you are happy with your results?
    Last edited by Gonzo; 04-22-2008 at 02:41 PM.

he recommends 6-8 week cycles with a 2-3 week break in between
    Jake Sullivan
    curently off-season

cool cool...everything sounds good, i'm excited to see how this all works out for me...tomorrows day 3.

To be honest, the macros/low cals never bothered me that much................it was the two full-body workouts on low cals that killed me.