Thread: Biostar sucks

Gamer/Lifter

Biostar sucks

Ok, so I have this really big conference coming this thursday. Well i've put off getting the computer ready cause I was trying to put another things ahead of last minute. I also figured it wouldn't be difficult.

So I go ahead and install XP and I even install one driver from the CD, now the CD is currpot. Ok, no problem I simply go ahead and go biostar.com and download the drivers, I mean any good mobo maker would that is. So I search in their download sections, I mean this isn't the first time and guess what, nothing... ITs the audio drivers the computer is going to be used to show a video, audio is not a maybe but a must. they no longer provide the ability to download drivers for this legacy mobo. Now I will admit it was a cheap MOBO when I got it cause it was for a PC build which was designed to be groofed around with. However to call a mobo which is under a year old from date of brand new purschase is ****ing crazy! Legacy starts at 5-6 years. Not 1-2, either way I sent them a nasty gram.

Well anyways I gave my rant to their tech support basically telling them that they stopped supporting a mobo that I mean all it required was a few MBs on a server... So I contacted their tech support basically saying they suck, and that they stopped supporting a AM2 MOBO, I mean they don't even HOST the drivers anymore. Which is a real ****ing killer cause It old my teacher it'd be done by tomorrow, which it would be. HOWEVER the CD went bad which normally is not a problem and the site doesn't host the drivers.

My end quote was "I really don't enjoy your business, and I desire to never buy your products again, thanks for all your wonderful lack of support and by the time you read this e-mail and get to replaying I will have resloved this issue VIA a thirdparty, so just know that I really think you suck"

I mean i'm not talking something complex here, I need a driver for a AM2 mobo which I bought just last year. This isn't some 20 year old computer i'm talking about here. Its under a year old. Really ticks me off cause the PC isn't done, its 11 PM and I get to go to bed and wake up and tell my tech crew and everyone that I couldn't finish something which I promised to finish. It irkes me beyond all ****ing believe.
    Last edited by Nik00117; 04-14-2008 at 03:10 PM.
    "It is the soldier, not the reporter who has given us the freedom of the press.
    "It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us the freedom of speech.
    "It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who gives us the freedom to demonstrate.
    "It is the soldier who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag."

Wow thanks for the heads up I will never but from that company, most companies keep there drivers even more then 5-6 years. It's like you said the data is at most 100mb's and thats an exaggeration.

Gamer/Lifter
    I agree, and its what irkes me. I was asking of anything demanding here know what I mean? I'm not refering to something which goes back very far. Biostar did actually get me a link to it today, however why not make it more accessiable is my question. This product is not a legacy product, granted its hardly new or top of the line but the requirements to allow download support is minial at best. Something any company should be able to afford.
    "It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who gives us the freedom to demonstrate.
    "It is the soldier who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag."

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
    Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left.
    Are you eating while you are reading this? You should be... --hrdgain81
    Remember, kids, if you type well the Grammar Fairy will leave a quarter under your pillow. The Blue Book of Grammar and Punctuation

Well, the Blog's (finally) back (again!): Love and Hope and Sex and Dreams Feel free to stop by and comment.
    Here is my newly-created World of Warcraft Blog: BG's WoW Blog. Once again, feel free to stop by and comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik00117 View Post
    I agree, and its what irkes me. I was asking of anything demanding here know what I mean? I'm not refering to something which goes back very far. Biostar did actually get me a link to it today, however why not make it more accessiable is my question. This product is not a legacy product, granted its hardly new or top of the line but the requirements to allow download support is minial at best. Something any company should be able to afford.
    Them sending you a link doesn't mean anything if this was a 3-4 year old product I could kind of understand...kind of. Not even a year old, there is no excuse for that I don't want to have to email support and all that BS just to get drivers for my mobo if I decide to do a fresh install(something I do quite often and late at night).

Were you a bit drunk when you typed the first post?

Gamer/Lifter
    Referring to method man, I agree I should not be forced to go online and e-mail tech support to get drivers. I am not asking for a large amount of tech support here, i'm asking that you carry your drivers for your MOBO onto your site. Now I don't want to be told that my MOBO is a legacy product which it was freshly brought off of newegg for 70 dollars less then a year ago.

In fact I could buy the same mobo for the same price today on newegg! Their MOBOs are still selling and they call it a legacy product? WTF, A legacy product is one which was bought long ago, which no longer is being sold in brand new condition, granted you may find it for sale, however used.

Referring to me maybe being drunk, I wasn't drunk when typing I was pissed/tired which is a bad combition.

Any company should understand that they need to make drivers easily accessible. I mean this was a very important thing for me to have this computer working. Granted I got it working at a later date however point of the matter is this, they did not provide me with what I would consider a basic service.

Either way biostar really ticked me off on this, I am not dealing with a very old computer here. I mean no way near the top of the line.

ASUS supports my dads MOBO to this date which is a 939 bought 2 1/2 years ago. Granted ASUS site sucks overall however thats not the point I can at least download the drivers.

ATM I am feeling a little relaxed, i've had a couple beers I had a Russian over for my international conference he loves German beer more then I do so we've been drinking beer ever since we got home a few hours ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik00117 View Post
    Referring to method man, I agree I should not be forced to go online and e-mail tech support to get drivers. I am not asking for a large amount of tech support here, i'm asking that you carry your drivers for your MOBO onto your site. Now I don't want to be told that my MOBO is a legacy product which it was freshly brought off of newegg for 70 dollars less then a year ago.

In fact I could buy the same mobo for the same price today on newegg! Their MOBOs are still selling and they call it a legacy product? WTF, A legacy product is one which was bought long ago, which no longer is being sold in brand new condition, granted you may find it for sale, however used.

Referring to me maybe being drunk, I wasn't drunk when typing I was pissed/tired which is a bad combition.

Any company should understand that they need to make drivers easily accessible. I mean this was a very important thing for me to have this computer working. Granted I got it working at a later date however point of the matter is this, they did not provide me with what I would consider a basic service.

Either way biostar really ticked me off on this, I am not dealing with a very old computer here. I mean no way near the top of the line.

ASUS supports my dads MOBO to this date which is a 939 bought 2 1/2 years ago. Granted ASUS site sucks overall however thats not the point I can at least download the drivers.

ATM I am feeling a little relaxed, i've had a couple beers I had a Russian over for my international conference he loves German beer more then I do so we've been drinking beer ever since we got home a few hours ago.
    Yes Asus is a great company I've always liked there Mobo's. I had a socket A that was supported for about 3 years, and it still probably i supported unfortunately my Power supply ate half my system.

check out www.archive.org maybe they've got some of the files....
    My journal
    Goal(Current):
    400(335) Bench Press
    600(520x3 2xBW) Dead Lift
    500(495x1) ATG Squat
    Total: 1500(1350)
    365 Front Squat
    consistency and intensity.

Gamer/Lifter
    Thanks for the links but the issue was resloved, long time ago.