The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Its no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 675 raw

Quote Originally Posted by Leeman View Post
    wat
    -Matt
    gym lifts: squat: 341lbs, deadlift: 374lbs, bench: 275lbs
    My journal: http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=85034
    "Fk you and the Prowler you rode in on"

Quote Originally Posted by Leeman View Post
    I dont compete, not that i dont want to but I cant do anything on saturdays and there are no meets other than saturday...

I did a gym meet and did 600 335 600, missed 620 squat (no wraps) missed 365 bench, couldnt go back down. And I was so tired and hungry I just did 600 on deadlift.
    Hi Leeman you have Very good Potential in Powerlifting 675 raw squat at 16 and that was deep 635 lb deadlift and 315 bench for 9 which would make your max around 400-405 lbs.You are very strong for your age i am and up and coming powerlifter also but i was no where as strong as you are for your age. God has given you that stregnth plain and simple.So i hope you honor and thank him for it. As much as i would love to see you compete if all the meets are on saturday then i see where your parents are coming from Saturday is the Sabbath and your parents just want you to come into the knowledge of god at a Early age. Going to church and honoring God is far more important than competing. But i hope you can find a meet on a regular day I know Powerlifting watch Has a list of upcoming meets stay strong bro GodBless.

OK I just watched this video for the first time. Impressive strength. I know I compete mainly in the bench but I am going to point out a few things I noticed since I have been in the sport for @ 15 years I think I am qualified. First off 675 is no joke exspecially with just knee wraps and a belt. Squating out of a cage pulling pins is great if you don't have a mono lift. However in thsi video safety is a major issue. Get side spotters with that much weight things can go south real quick. Your a young kid with many years ahead of you in the gym. Don't ever disrespect the weight train safe and you will be in the game a lot longer injury free.

On to your training envirement. Definately a comercial gym. Your intesity is good! How ever with the coments the women in the back ground were making I can see you getting thrown out soon. So heres what you need to do. Next time they spout off when your getting jacked for a lift walk over to them smack em on the ass and tell them you are next. LOL!

Dr. Dudley-Robey DrDudley-Robey's Avatar
    Rob dont tell him to hit anyone, he is 16 he might do it because you said too! LOL

Great lifting but all jokes aside, Rob is right you have to do in with better spotting. Powerlifting is not a sprint, it is a marathon. The longer you can train without being injured the better your numbers will be. I like some of the guys travel 5 hours round trip each week to lift, if you have a local powerlifting gym take the bus there. I am sure that after training with the guys for a while someone will give you a ride (as long as you dont destroy anything).

I encourage you to compete also but remember that God and your family should come first. Alot of meets are 2-days and the 3-lift tends to be on sunday. You can also weigh in that morning since you will not have to cut to make your class. Contact
    http://www.orlandobarbell.com/ Brian Schwab trains there and they may know of some meets that fit your schedule in your area!

Have fun and stay safe!

Quote Originally Posted by Szust View Post
    I am absolutely stunned. What school in Florida do you go to? I'm from Miami.
    Nature coast tech
    YOU CANT BUY STRENGTH

Quote Originally Posted by Erik 23 View Post
    Hi Leeman you have Very good Potential in Powerlifting 675 raw squat at 16 and that was deep 635 lb deadlift and 315 bench for 9 which would make your max around 400-405 lbs.You are very strong for your age i am and up and coming powerlifter also but i was no where as strong as you are for your age. God has given you that stregnth plain and simple.So i hope you honor and thank him for it. As much as i would love to see you compete if all the meets are on saturday then i see where your parents are coming from Saturday is the Sabbath and your parents just want you to come into the knowledge of god at a Early age. Going to church and honoring God is far more important than competing. But i hope you can find a meet on a regular day I know Powerlifting watch Has a list of upcoming meets stay strong bro GodBless.
    Thanks man.
    YOU CANT BUY STRENGTH

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Luyando View Post
    OK I just watched this video for the first time. Impressive strength. I know I compete mainly in the bench but I am going to point out a few things I noticed since I have been in the sport for @ 15 years I think I am qualified. First off 675 is no joke exspecially with just knee wraps and a belt. Squating out of a cage pulling pins is great if you don't have a mono lift. However in thsi video safety is a major issue. Get side spotters with that much weight things can go south real quick. Your a young kid with many years ahead of you in the gym. Don't ever disrespect the weight train safe and you will be in the game a lot longer injury free.

On to your training envirement. Definately a comercial gym. Your intesity is good! How ever with the coments the women in the back ground were making I can see you getting thrown out soon. So heres what you need to do. Next time they spout off when your getting jacked for a lift walk over to them smack em on the ass and tell them you are next. LOL!
    Yeah, Im gonna say your qualified to give me advice lol!

I dont have any spotters, and I cant trust anyone there to be honest. Asking them to spot me from the side is 100 times as dangerous as just asking to stay away from me.. I dont even ask them to spot me on bench, I have had kids jerk the weight off the rack and let the weight land right over top of my face. I have almost killed my self like that a few times.

Il try to train some compedant people to spot me.

As far as where I train, that was at school. And the coach is awesome, he will let me do more or less what ever I want in there. I go to a normal gym to tho, and they try to throw me out every other week for **** as simple as leaving weight on the bar...

Il be sure to slap anyone who gives me **** even Im training lol.
    YOU CANT BUY STRENGTH

Quote Originally Posted by DrDudley-Robey View Post
    Rob dont tell him to hit anyone, he is 16 he might do it because you said too! LOL

Great lifting but all jokes aside, Rob is right you have to do in with better spotting. Powerlifting is not a sprint, it is a marathon. The longer you can train without being injured the better your numbers will be. I like some of the guys travel 5 hours round trip each week to lift, if you have a local powerlifting gym take the bus there. I am sure that after training with the guys for a while someone will give you a ride (as long as you dont destroy anything).

I encourage you to compete also but remember that God and your family should come first. Alot of meets are 2-days and the 3-lift tends to be on sunday. You can also weigh in that morning since you will not have to cut to make your class. Contact
    http://www.orlandobarbell.com/ Brian Schwab trains there and they may know of some meets that fit your schedule in your area!

Have fun and stay safe!
    It will be summer soon so I will probably be able to get down to a powerlifting gym 2 times a week. Il get in contact with orlandobarbell, thanks.
    YOU CANT BUY STRENGTH

Just squated 700, walked out with knee wraps and a belt.

I probably have 725 because it was really fast and smooth.

Sorry no video, but I thought id say anyway.
    YOU CANT BUY STRENGTH

You are a freak of nature... and I mean that as a compliment.