Thread: Forearm Pain?

Forearm Pain?

Hey. Its been a little bit since I checked this forum. I was wondering if anyone could help me with a painful problem I have been having.

I have recently been having a lot of pain in my mid forearm on my little finger side. It hurts when I do the grasping motion with my hand and hurts after I do preacher curls and more recently, just about everything. At its worst, the pain shoots up into my small finger. Its not unbearable, but annoying. Any ideas or advice? I would LOVE a solution that doesn't involve me taking time off. Thanks.

Wannabebig Member
    sounds like some form of tendonitis. like tennis wrist.

get a band to go around the affected arm. I have one.
    -Matt
    gym lifts: squat: 341lbs, deadlift: 374lbs, bench: 275lbs
    My journal: http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=85034
    "Fk you and the Prowler you rode in on"

Wannabebig Member
    just do hammer curls and pull ups for about 2 weeks for biceps and see if it heals up...i did and now it is fine, take some advil or ibuprofen stay away from anything that uses the forearm, i had tendonitis pretty bad not too long ago
    Last edited by Bogus; 04-17-2008 at 12:45 AM.

Wannabebig Member frankzanewannab's Avatar
    as soon as i read this thread title i wondered if you were doing preachers. i fell prey to this about four years ago. it felt to me like shin splints in my fore arms. it SUCT. took a while to get over it. i was told it was from preacher curls.. i haven't done them since.
    need hypertrophy

Wannabebig Member
    I know exactly what you're talking about. I sometimes suffer from the same pain when going too heavy on the weight (mostly preacher curls).

Going down on the amount of weight will prevent the strain and pain on that area.

I prefer not to use braces, or bands because I feel that I am not properly strenghtening that area with them on.

Hope this helps.

Wannabebig New Member
    Ive been experiencing mod-severe pain in both wrists and forearms. I have eliminated all heavy bar curls, ez bar curls, and anything that is extremely taxing on my wrists temporarily.

Go to ProWristStraps.com and order yourself a good pair of heavy duty wrist straps. Wrap your wrists as tight as you can and make sure to warm them up good. And I mean wrap them tight. This will help provide a lot of support to the joint area and take a lot of work out of the affected area.

Eliminate anything that is painful from your workout. For me it was heavy/straight bar curls, most ez bar work, and a few other things...right now I'm subbing in a lot of dumbbell work that allows for maximum flexibility in the wrists and forearms...all natural movement.

It took a few weeks to get them back to 90-100%. DONT just jump back in w/ no support though when you feel better b/c the pain will return. Continue to keep your wrists wrapped during days of heavy arm/chest/forearm lifting...basically, if you're not lifting legs, you need to be wrapped.

Also, ice and rest when able if pain simply too severe.

Wannabebig Member
    when you are doing any bicep workout dont let your arm ever just go straight...cuz if you think about it then you are stretching your muscles...with added weight, thats how it ****s up your tendon.

well its been a little while now. the pain has actually spread to my elbow and wrist. i was wondering if there are any medical experts or trainers that have any clue as to whats it could be? it really hurts when i do preachers but im having a problem changing my routine because of all the massive gains i have made with preachers. thank you.