The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    I'll be in Friday morning, I think around 11am

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Superior Athletics - Northeast Ohio's Center for Athlete Training
    *Westside Barbell Certified Gym

update

I wrapped up training on Sunday with some light squats,benches,and deads followed by a deep tissue massage.

I visited my chiropractor for the last time before the RUM tonight. I'm no 100% but should be doing better by Sat.

I cut some carbs out today and sodium. We'll see what I weigh Wed night. and I'll go from there.

My training went very well for this meet, we'll see how I do there.

Thanks for everyones support, be sure to check www.rawunitymeet.com for up to date flight results.

flight out will really help you.

I dropped 12lbs one time just by not eating and downing only a cup of coffee when I flew out to Colorado for a meet one time. All that dry air.

I talked to Jim Grandick this weekend, he flew out and said it made it a piece of cake to drop. he went from 260-242 and almost came in light! Said he had to start eating ice chips and stuff so he didn't lose too much. You'll be good. Plus if you get there and are still a little heavy, just hit up the sauna and hot tub

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Always listening & learnin lil' power's Avatar
    Good luck Ryan and keep those Celli "girls" in line...good luck to Kristy and Natty too!

Good luck Ryan. Put all that hard work to good use.

Supplements I currently take: Nitrean , BCAA , Creatine 500 , Multi-Plus , Fish Oil

My Training Log , My Youtube Videos

"The weak will never understand" - Vincent Dizenzo

RUM Results

Well, the meet went well for me. Last year I squatted 601, benched 518 and deadlifted 640 for a 1758 total. I wanted to at least total 1800 this year and win both the Bench only division and the Full meet as a middleweight. Goal accomplished.

I've had my weight around 215 steady now, so I knew making the 198's would suck. It did. I weighed in Friday around 10:30 at 198 even and was able to be 215.6 before bed that night. I rehydrated really well this time, and didn't have the usual cramping issues.

I opened at 578 on the squats- Red lighted on depth! My set up was bad and my feet were too close together. With the competition being so tight I decieded to retake the same weight before I move up. 2nd attempt was much better. From here I went to 611 a new PR, 611 felt easy, but I was out of attempts. I thought for a second I was back at last years USPF Nationals with me having to squat ass to the floor again. After squats my knees were killing me! I had 3 women from my gym competing in the full meet, so I had to coach them as well and do thier lift off for the bench. Bob Gaynor the head judge on bench kept telling me if I get off the platform faster he can give the start command faster. LOL I told him that was the fastest I could move!

Benching was off at first, but each attempt got lighter and easier. I opened with 501 with no problems. The bench was wide and super hard and I felt like my form was off because of it. Each attempt felt like I was pushing the bar out in front of me on the way up off the chest. 2nd attempt was 523 a new PR. I made the choice of going to 534 on my 3rd just to be safe and add to my total.

Usually by this point I start to cramp. On to the deads. My warm ups felt pretty good, and energy was still up. I opened with 633 and it was easy. 2nd was 661, felt great. Now I was feeling out of gas, but had one more attempt. I already had the 1807 with the 661. I thought 688 was a for sure thing. It hardly moved off the floor! Done!

So I ended up winning the middleweights, and bench only. And also found out I just totaled the most ever raw in the 198's!

I had a great time and met some fans and top lifters. Next up, USPF Nationals in CA> If I can afford it!

I want to make sure I thank ATLARGE NUTRITION- They simply has some of the greatest most effective supplements available. If you haven't tried them you should.

Thanks for all the support!
    Ryan

Great job meeting your goals....that must be a great feeling of accomplishment! Now what are the new goals from here? lol

Goals

Well, as far as goals, it's to continue to up my numbers and stay healthy. I'd like to get me squat up higher, I know I have more in me. I'd also like to break the raw bench record. I really want to do USPF Nationals in July, then Worlds in November.

I took the week off, I feel like I fighting something, and feel super run down. I plan on starting back Monday.

Wannabebig Member
    BRAVO!!! BRAVO!!! Man that was some awesome lifting at the Raw Unity meet. I am waving the white flag and I am tapping out. You are an awesome lifter. Well, I was on my way to trying to break the 220 raw record and did something to the elbow. I am gonna take a week off, take some motrin and see what happens. I had my weight down to a walking around weight of 219. I asked Travis this same question and want to see what you think. I am lookin for ways to keep killing my triceps while nursing the elbow. Any suggestions? Once again, great job. If you come to Cali, let me know, I will help you out in any way possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny Green View Post
    BRAVO!!! BRAVO!!! Man that was some awesome lifting at the Raw Unity meet. I am waving the white flag and I am tapping out. You are an awesome lifter. Well, I was on my way to trying to break the 220 raw record and did something to the elbow. I am gonna take a week off, take some motrin and see what happens. I had my weight down to a walking around weight of 219. I asked Travis this same question and want to see what you think. I am lookin for ways to keep killing my triceps while nursing the elbow. Any suggestions? Once again, great job. If you come to Cali, let me know, I will help you out in any way possible.

Thanks Gunny!

I hope the elbow heals quickly. what is it muscle,bone,tendon??

When my elbows are killing me - I do my dumbell floor ext. off of by bench boards. I turn them on their side so they are both the same height, and go off them instead of the floor. This make it's a partial lift and totally saves my elbows, while letting me go heavy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Celli View Post
    Well, as far as goals, it's to continue to up my numbers and stay healthy. I'd like to get me squat up higher, I know I have more in me. I'd also like to break the raw bench record. I really want to do USPF Nationals in July, then Worlds in November.

I took the week off, I feel like I fighting something, and feel super run down. I plan on starting back Monday.
    That raw record is easily within your reach.

I like throwing an equipped meet in as well. For some reason I just feel better. My shirt is much easier on my pecs than raw benching and the suit would be easier on the hips.

I bet you could put up a super sick total.

Hope you feel better man

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Celli View Post
    Thanks Gunny!

I hope the elbow heals quickly. what is it muscle,bone,tendon??

When my elbows are killing me - I do my dumbell floor ext. off of by bench boards. I turn them on their side so they are both the same height, and go off them instead of the floor. This make it's a partial lift and totally saves my elbows, while letting me go heavy.
    I think its the tendon.

I never have tried the dbell floor extensions. I will give them a shot. Now I gotta go find some 2x4's. Thanks.

1-2-09

Started back on monday. Ready to jump back in it again. I've been feeling really run down and fighting a cold.

squats.
    135x12,10
    225x5,5
    315x5 wraps!
    405x5 wraps!
    my knees are killing me! done.

deadlift off floor
    135x5
    225x3
    315x2 put on dl suit.
    405x1
    495x1
    600x1
    650x2

calfs and abs

2-4-09

Bench- the plan was to stay light...but I had Travis in the back of my head with his 405x9 :0 my best is 8+1

flat bench
    135x10,8
    225x8,5
    275x5
    315x5
    365x5
    405x10

pec machine
    2 sets of 20

rope push downs
    3 sets of 12

tri ext on bench
    40x8
    45x8
    50x8

hammer curls
    40x8
    45x8
    50x8

machine curl
    40x8
    60x8
    70x8
    80x8

Saw the video...you guys are lookin strong!
    Don't asker for a light load, but a strong back.

JOURNAL

Best Meet Lifts @ 220 Raw:
    Squat - 475
    Bench - 355
    Dead - 500
    Total: 1330

2-6-09

kettlebell one arm swings
    12kx10 (reps are per hand)
    16kx8
    24k8
    28kx8
    32kx8

pulldowns
    130x10
    180x10
    220x10

barbell row no belt
    225x5
    275x5
    315x5

pin presses out of the power rack with green band
    145x5
    235x5
    285x5

shrugs smith machine wide grip
    135x8
    225x8
    315x8
    315x8

abs

haha boy you're right, we are quite close on the BB rows!

Wannabebig Member
    Ryan congrats on your last raw meet. What do think of speed work (6x1-3 reps @ 50-65%). Just starting doing dynamic work after a ME lift (ME Squats then DE DL with 50-65% 6x2 reps) and then the opposite way on Friday when I do ME DL then DE Squat. What is your take on this? Not really sure how to fit in my DE for bench considering Im only benching once a week and lifting only three days.

Wannabebig Member
    You said you would like to get the raw record what is the record right now
    Chuck Norris can slam revolving doors.

Just heard about, and glanced at the new site! It's looking great, can't wait to see it once it's done man.
    Last edited by DGabe24; 02-17-2009 at 11:18 AM.
    Don't asker for a light load, but a strong back.

JOURNAL

Best Meet Lifts @ 220 Raw:
    Squat - 475
    Bench - 355
    Dead - 500
    Total: 1330

not a bad idea

Quote Originally Posted by rick344 View Post
    Ryan congrats on your last raw meet. What do think of speed work (6x1-3 reps @ 50-65%). Just starting doing dynamic work after a ME lift (ME Squats then DE DL with 50-65% 6x2 reps) and then the opposite way on Friday when I do ME DL then DE Squat. What is your take on this? Not really sure how to fit in my DE for bench considering Im only benching once a week and lifting only three days.
    I like this.
    So on bench day, use ME then maybe on the forth week just do a DE day to deload, the back to ME on Fifth week.
    let me know how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by DGabe24 View Post
    Just heard about, and glanced at the new site! It's looking great, can't wait to see it once it's done man.
    Thanks, They asked me to be a part of it. I thought it was a good idea. I will still be posting here.
    Ryan

2-9-09 Monday

I got asked to do a guest lift at a local USPF state meet on the 28th.
    Here are my squats and light deadlifts. I used a 13" box with foam pad on top.
    135x10,8
    225x8,5
    315x5
    365x5
    405x5 with wraps.

deadlift - speed work
    135x3
    225x3
    315x 6sets of 3 with 45 sec rest.

glute ham raise
    3 sets of 10

reverse hyper
    50 x 3 sets of 10

2-11-09 Wed

I was psyched to try 405 x12 today....didn't happen.
    My right pec felt funny, and strained today, that's why i did higher rep asst, and only one set of each.

bench
    135x12,10
    225x8,5
    275x5
    315x5
    365x5
    405x10 again.
    reverse green bands with pinkie on ring grip
    455x1
    485x1
    4 board straight weight
    515x1