Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: RAW bench conjugate method exercises...

Quote Originally Posted by Travis Bell View Post
    Floor presses are good too. Do you bench elbow out or really tucked?
    TRAVIS i'm using floor presses as an ME exercise so doing them for accessory work is okay?!?

I bench with my elbows tucked in tight..because it's comfortable. I used to bench with a wide grip awhile back. I worked up to 470 for a single and tried 495 thinking it was only 25more lbs and my spotter didn't grab it when my shoulder dipped and I paid for it. I'm finally back in the low 400's again. I bench very narrow keeping my forearms under my wrists to be more efficient in the power transfer and elbows tucked like louie recommends..here's a video of my comp bench from last weekend with 405...

Proud to be sponsored by APT prowriststraps.com

90* just means you're halfway there to becoming a man!

yeah doing them as an ascessory is fine, so long as its not the same week you're doing it as an ME exercise haha

Man, you've got a long stroke!! Do you know what your injury was specifically when your spotter didn't grab it?

Don't be afraid to slowly move your grip out, just keep those elbows tucked. I'd tuck yours even further personally, but you are definatly on the right track.

The reason I tuck my elbows so much when benching raw is that I can use my triceps that way for the press, it also takes a ton of stress off the shoulders. Plus I get the added benefit of not changing my groove much when I put my shirt on.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Superior Athletics - Northeast Ohio's Center for Athlete Training
    *Westside Barbell Certified Gym

Quote Originally Posted by Travis Bell View Post
    yeah doing them as an ascessory is fine, so long as its not the same week you're doing it as an ME exercise haha

Man, you've got a long stroke!! Do you know what your injury was specifically when your spotter didn't grab it?

Don't be afraid to slowly move your grip out, just keep those elbows tucked. I'd tuck yours even further personally, but you are definatly on the right track.

The reason I tuck my elbows so much when benching raw is that I can use my triceps that way for the press, it also takes a ton of stress off the shoulders. Plus I get the added benefit of not changing my groove much when I put my shirt on.
    HAHA yeah well I'm 6'1" with ape hangers for arms.. so yeah it's a long bench press without an arch!

okay good deal..i just didn't want to screw my cns or anything else by doing them for an ME exercise and an accessory exercise at the same time.

yeah on my bench press accident my right shoulder dipped out and the spotter let me sit there at the bottom while i'm yelling take it over and over again. I press that narrow for comfort and it feels overall stronger of a press than when I go wider. I've been working on my wide grip on my DE days with speed work....it's comfy enough but i'm going to only do the wider grip stuff on the lighter accessory work and DE stuff.

thanks so much for the help guys.. I'm excited about getting into the conjugate method again.
    Proud to be sponsored by APT prowriststraps.com

90* just means you're halfway there to becoming a man!