Thread: Sandwich

Banned

Sandwich

In a saucepan you wanna halfway cook, on medium heat, a generous amount of pancetta in unsalted butter. Remove pancetta and turn off heat, making sure not to let the butter burn.

Beat 3 eggs with milk, salt and pepper in a bowl. Whisk really well and dunk two thick cuts of your favourite bread in, soaking up the mixture.

Gently fry the bread in the same saucepan as the pancetta butter residue until the bread is golden brown. Remove the bread and place on a plate.

Have oven preheated to 400 F. Place the two pieces of cooked bread on a cookie sheet. Now add a few thick slices of beefsteak tomatoes. Cut some nice slices off a monzarella ball and place on top of the tomatoes. Hit the tomatoes with a bit of salt and pepper. Put the half cooked pancetta on top and cover with the other slice of cooked bread. Put the sandwich in the oven for a few minutes until the cheese is melted and the pancetta is fully cooked.

Remove the sandwhich and pour a nice amount of pesto (I make my own -- easy as pie) and a bit of chive oil over the top of the sandwich. Slice diagonally and serve with sweet potato wedges.

Quote Originally Posted by growthrep View Post
    Beat 3 eggs with milk, salt and pepper in a bowl. Whisk really well and dunk two thick cuts of your favourite bread in, soaking up the mixture.

Gently fry the bread golden brown. Remove the bread and place on a plate.
    I have just this for breakfast a lot. Quick and easy.

Banned
    here's another recipe i like a lot:

Peel sweet potatoes and slice crosswise into 1/8 inch thick chips. In a bowl, drizzle olive oil over them. Add fresh cracked pepper, salt, garlic powder, cumin and smoked paprika. Mix it all together, coating each piece of potato and pour out onto a baking pan (cookie sheet works well). Bake off in the oven on 400 until the house smells wonderful and the potatoes are slightly crispy.