The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

It’s no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Hybrid View

Job Interview - Personal Trainer

I have a job interview lined up to work as a personal trainer at one of the gyms in my area. What kind of questions can I expect them to ask? I'm assuming they won't have alot of questions about how I would train someone but would be more interested in customer service exp./sales experience?

Anyone been through one of these interviews/know what to expect? The gym is part of a chain that has 10-15 gyms in the area.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

They may very well ask about training someone. The interviewee needs to train the fitness manager at our gym in addition to the usual questions around sales, communications, mentoring questions.

Me /pwn1ng by Xian Rookie's journal Rookie's Picture Thread

Damn right you will be! We don't mess around down here. Liquor and Steel, that's what we're all about -Casey

ROFL, oh man - I usually wait until I'm on the freeway to do that. What an idiot! -teufy doing what he does best.

You aren't strong enough or pretty enough to train in the evenings with us...better stick to noon workouts with the rest of the geriatrics. - pup

Yeah. I'm a dork. - Teufy

Better yet, "why should anyone's interpretation of divinity govern modern society?" - Twilo

Quote Originally Posted by rookiebldr View Post
    They may very well ask about training someone. The interviewee needs to train the fitness manager at our gym in addition to the usual questions around sales, communications, mentoring questions.
    All three of my interviews went like that. All of them also had a "test" on basic training techniques etc.

I always wore slacks and a nice shirt.
    Make Shift IF diet
    My Training Experience
    GET BODY SMART
    Goals:
    CF WOD and Recomp...
    "My fault. I was fiddling with the Gravitational Constant of the Universe again.
    I've set it back - you might need to reboot, though..." -Built

"Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal--
    nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong attitude" - Thomas J

"Obsessed is what the lazy call the dedicated" - Slim Schaedle

They might ask your max barbell curl and seated chest press.
    w:225lbs. h:5'10.
    630/385/545/1560
    Journal | Vids

"im ready for the ladies too, my stomach has never been bigger and ive never been hairier." - Stumprrp

TJW

Quote Originally Posted by Detard View Post
    They might ask your max barbell curl and seated chest press.
    Along with those you might be forced to max out on kickbacks. That's usually a trick they'll keep up their sleeve to the end to see if you really are h@rdc0r3.
    "You shall invite to the path of your Lord with wisdom and kind enlightenment, and debate with them in the best possible manner. Your Lord knows best who has strayed from His path, and He knows best who are the guided ones."- Quran 16:25

"A life unexamined is not worth living"- Socrates

Banned
    They may ask about your experience and training knowledge, what your personal fitness goals are, why they should hire you, why you want the job, they may ask you about situations and what you would do if you were in them, and they might ask you general questions about dealing with adversity (Ie "Give me an example of when you had to deal with a rude client. How did you handle it and what steps did you take to resolve the issue?" type of things).

I would do as ddegroff said and wear a nice shirt and slacks minimum. Maybe bring a change if you think they may take you through the ropes.

Good luck!

lol crazy thats what i was thinking
    Blocka Blocka

I am AMINAL