Thread: Biceps Training Question

Hybrid View

gohardchamp

Biceps Training Question

I have come to a point where my bicepts are no longer sore a day or two after working them out. When i do my bicep training i lift till exhuastion. work out includes:

open grip dumbbell curls
    rotating dumbbell curls
    hammer curls
    preacher curls close and wide grips
    and finish off with pull-ups

of course for every bicep drill i do a tricep drill but my question is, if i no longer feel sore the next day are my bis getting worked out completely? should i change anything?

Quote Originally Posted by Klotz View Post
    Good quotes from the above routine (what's your favorite?):

These really work my lower bicep!
    After guns, pecs is the second most important muscle group. It consists of three different muscles, the upper pecs, the lower pecs and the middle or main pecs
    This works the upper pecs really well. Itís important to always start with inclines. Some guys work the flat stuff first, but upper pecs are what really draw attention. When youíre wearing a tight t-shirt, the upper pecís are what really give your chest that ďpopĒ.
    I donít really like using dumbbells because, truthfully, theyíre often a recipe for injury. Itís best to lock in your range of motion with a machine of some sort, ....You know youíve been doing good on these when you can grasp a ten pound plate with your meavage (male cleavage).
    This is a good shaper for the main pecs.
    Every workout should end with a burnout set. It gets your ****bolism going. If you want to be shredded, take my advice.
    As we talked about, guns are the strongest, most important muscle group and for that reason, they can tolerate more work than the others.
    If you get too much lactic acid in your muscles, it can disintegrate the fibers.
    Lats and Quads: No one really sees these muscles, so you definitely want to work them at the end of the week.
    Be careful here. You donít want big tree trunk legs. Youíve got to hit these just enough to bring out the tear drop and, if youíre lucky, maybe a few striations.
    These work the back of your quads. A lot of people donít bother with them, but itís a little known fact that you can get striations in the back of your quads, too. Just keep it light to work on shape
    There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
    Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left.
    Are you eating while you are reading this? You should be... --hrdgain81
    Remember, kids, if you type well the Grammar Fairy will leave a quarter under your pillow. The Blue Book of Grammar and Punctuation

Well, the Blog's (finally) back (again!): Love and Hope and Sex and Dreams Feel free to stop by and comment.
    Here is my newly-created World of Warcraft Blog: BG's WoW Blog. Once again, feel free to stop by and comment.

Quote Originally Posted by BG5150 View Post
    Good quotes from the above routine (what's your favorite?):
    I originally took this guy seriously.. BUT:

Quote:
    Originally Posted by PhxJudoJujitsu
    Why do you have two days for your arms? Arms should be your least prioroty. You're doing too much isolation work. Look at powerlifters, they have big arms, and do very little arm work.

You're backwards, dude. First of all, can we quit calling them "arms" and refer to them with their god given name, "guns" or "gunz"? Gunz are the cornerstone of a good strength program. You may not know this, but the governing bodies of all the major powerlifting organizations are holding a secret meeting as we speak to decide wether the deadlift should be replaced w/ max preacher curl with an EZ-curl bar in all competitions starting in 2007.

NICE!!
    Last edited by garjagan; 04-24-2008 at 02:09 PM.

That routine is a piece of ****, Klotz. Hope you're joking. X) If all you want is big arms though, then by all means...

Replace all those lifts with pull-ups and rows. You don't have to feel sore the next day.
    Last edited by CleverName; 04-24-2008 at 01:39 PM.

There is NO T IS BICEPS!!!!!!!!
    Remember, kids, if you type well the Grammar Fairy will leave a quarter under your pillow. The Blue Book of Grammar and Punctuation

Well, the Blog's (finally) back (again!): Love and Hope and Sex and Dreams Feel free to stop by and comment.
    Here is my newly-created World of Warcraft Blog: BG's WoW Blog. Once again, feel free to stop by and comment.

What do you mean that routine is crap? It's based on solid physiological principals.

After guns, pecs is the second most important muscle group. It consists of three different muscles, the upper pecs, the lower pecs and the middle or main pecs.
    On a serious not, yes, do pullups and rows.

Lolocust. I just started reading the whole thread there. Very nice.

I'm definitely switching over.
    Last edited by CleverName; 04-24-2008 at 01:44 PM.

My favorite:

itís a little known fact that you can get striations in the back of your quads, too.
    Who knew?

Scratch that. It's:

You know youíve been doing good on these when you can grasp a ten pound plate with your meavage

From this day forward Klotz is my go to guy for training questions!

Do they not have satire in England?

ok you saw the light
    Last edited by Klotz; 04-24-2008 at 02:10 PM.

Bodybuilding Mythbuster
    Quote Originally Posted by bgib View Post
    I have come to a point where my bicepts are no longer sore a day or two after working them out. When i do my bicep training i lift till exhuastion. work out includes:

open grip dumbbell curls
    rotating dumbbell curls
    hammer curls
    preacher curls close and wide grips
    and finish off with pull-ups

of course for every bicep drill i do a tricep drill but my question is, if i no longer feel sore the next day are my bis getting worked out completely? should i change anything?
    Yes, stop curling. Eat and focus on the compound lifts. These include: Deadlifts, Squat, Bench press, T-bar row, chin, and dip. These will build your arms much better than any bicep/tricep routine once the calories are there.

Soreness means absolutely nothing in terms of results. It doesn't matter.
    Last edited by Songsangnim; 04-24-2008 at 10:17 PM.

Banned
    Don't mind all the flaming, you're just misguided.

Really, really misguided.

Do you mind posting the rest of your routine?

(Also, that routine that was posted is ****ing golden.)

These work the back of your quads. A lot of people donít bother with them, but itís a little known fact that you can get striations in the back of your quads, too. Just keep it light to work on shape
    HAHAhahaHAHAHah, oh I just had such good laugh... those are all classic, thanks, BG , for brightening my day a little.

Quote Originally Posted by dougyp View Post
    HAHAhahaHAHAHah, oh I just had such good laugh... those are all classic, thanks, BG , for brightening my day a little.
    My pleasure...