Thread: Meet America's strongest man video

Meet America's strongest man video

http://youtube.com/watch?v=AtNP_8Bz3EI&feature=related

pretty good/funny video to watch if you're bored like i am! derek is a monster, and has a bright future ahead of him.

i can't wait to start gaining weight again, whenever that is. i also need to build more strongman stuff. at my height it'd be a shame if i didn't do a little bit.
    23 years old
    6'3, 308 lbs

825 Squat
    470 Bench
    645 Deadlift
    1905 total
    www.atlargenutrition.com

That was pretty cool!

good post

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Superior Athletics - Northeast Ohio's Center for Athlete Training
    *Westside Barbell Certified Gym

Banned
    Saw that a while ago - if it's the same one I remember it shows him walking up. His legs are rediculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Moore View Post
    Saw that a while ago - if it's the same one I remember it shows him walking up. His legs are rediculous.
    i can't remember...sorry i was distracted by the MILKSHAKES

his whole body is massive. traps, legs, arms, chest, back, you name it.
    23 years old
    6'3, 308 lbs

825 Squat
    470 Bench
    645 Deadlift
    1905 total
    www.atlargenutrition.com

Banned
    The funniest is the timeclock when Walt Gogola is drinking his, LOL.

That was awesome
    w:225lbs. h:5'10.
    630/385/545/1560
    Journal | Vids

"im ready for the ladies too, my stomach has never been bigger and ive never been hairier." - Stumprrp

TJW

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Moore View Post
    The funniest is the timeclock when Walt Gogola is drinking his, LOL.
    No joke!! That guy downs it in a hurry!! I would get a serious brain freeze

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Banned
    those are some BIG dudes.

so maybe Ben could explain this to me or someone else who's done strongman, but why isn't this guy on WSM? Why would there be two teams? unless I was misunderstanding what he was talking about. Guess I don't get it why America's strongest man wouldn't be on WSM. Seems like a waste

I know Derek. I have even gotten to train with him. He is a super strong guy and has a great work ethic. I was front row when he beat Marius at the World's Strongest Man Super Series event at the Mohegan Sun. The reason you have not seen him is that he has been competing in a different strongman federation, the IFSA. It is a different federation than the WSM. Most of their events take place in Europe although their last world competition was in Korea.

Quite frankly the guys in IFSA are much stronger than the guys on the WSM. I believe in IFSA they pay the athletes to compete and expenses in addition to prize money. With the WSM you only get prize money. However, it appears as though the IFSA is having some financial difficulty. I know they owe some athletes and vendors money. I can't remember which way it went, but if you competed in IFSA you could not compete in the WSM or the other way around. Derek said screw it and took an invitation on three weeks notice after Kevin Nee tore his bicep to compete with the WSM.

On short notice Derek beat some of the best the WSM had to offer including Marius. Not to mention that Derek got screwed on the first event where he should have finished first and because of a judging debacle. He ended up in just about last place. They cut the field of competitors in half after four events so Derek had to make up a ton of ground and he did. His first place guaranteed him a spot in the WSM finals that will take place in around September and will air on ESPN around Christmas/New Year's time.

Derek will also be competing June 21 at Madison Square Garden in another WSM qualifier event. I believe Marius will be there so this should be interesting. He was pissed when he lost to Derek earlier in the year. I have been to three of these events and I recommend them highly if you get the chance to attend.

Thats really cool!

Thanks for explaining that Vin. I really look forward to watching him on ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by vdizenzo View Post
    I know Derek. I have even gotten to train with him. He is a super strong guy and has a great work ethic. I was front row when he beat Marius at the World's Strongest Man Super Series event at the Mohegan Sun. The reason you have not seen him is that he has been competing in a different strongman federation, the IFSA. It is a different federation than the WSM. Most of their events take place in Europe although their last world competition was in Korea.

Quite frankly the guys in IFSA are much stronger than the guys on the WSM. I believe in IFSA they pay the athletes to compete and expenses in addition to prize money. With the WSM you only get prize money. However, it appears as though the IFSA is having some financial difficulty. I know they owe some athletes and vendors money. I can't remember which way it went, but if you competed in IFSA you could not compete in the WSM or the other way around. Derek said screw it and took an invitation on three weeks notice after Kevin Nee tore his bicep to compete with the WSM.

On short notice Derek beat some of the best the WSM had to offer including Marius. Not to mention that Derek got screwed on the first event where he should have finished first and because of a judging debacle. He ended up in just about last place. They cut the field of competitors in half after four events so Derek had to make up a ton of ground and he did. His first place guaranteed him a spot in the WSM finals that will take place in around September and will air on ESPN around Christmas/New Year's time.

Derek will also be competing June 21 at Madison Square Garden in another WSM qualifier event. I believe Marius will be there so this should be interesting. He was pissed when he lost to Derek earlier in the year. I have been to three of these events and I recommend them highly if you get the chance to attend.
    yeah. i remember you and matt talking about him awhile back when he beat mariusz. when everyone was flaming you for saying he's stronger than mariusz, haha.

so if you compete on WSM you can't compete in IFSA? i think thats pretty cool. the events in IFSA are so much heavier.

I could very well be wrong, but haven't i seen Zydrunas Savickas compete in WSM years ago and now he competes in IFSA? is this just because everyones afraid to tell him he cant compete?
    23 years old
    6'3, 308 lbs

825 Squat
    470 Bench
    645 Deadlift
    1905 total
    www.atlargenutrition.com

Banned
    IFSA's pretty much dead - you'll see more and more of these guys switching over to the super series. Derek's qualified for World's Strongest Man now and i believe he is going although Vin may have the definite answer.

Wannabebig Member
    I, honestly, hate watching WSM. The events are way too light. I much prefer the other fed (which seems to be dead now).

This dude is a beast. Nice vid.

Wannabebig Member
    Steroids (the parts that make them) are naturally made in your body but not in the doses people think of when they think of using. But I seriously doubt that he is on Gear becuse A) HES A COP!! and B)He doesnt look steroid huge.

LMAO some people leave stupid comments on youtube

4 scoops of muscle mile with 2 bananas... thats a lot.
    Sarvamangalam!

Quote Originally Posted by ZenMonkey View Post
    4 scoops of muscle mile with 2 bananas... thats a lot.
    that is, haha. my post workout shake used to be 5 scoops of MAXIMUS in whole milk, a scoop of waxy maize, a banana, a half cup of oats, and a couple scoops of natty PB. tasted SO GOOD. oh, and i gained weight too haha.
    23 years old
    6'3, 308 lbs

825 Squat
    470 Bench
    645 Deadlift
    1905 total
    www.atlargenutrition.com

Quote Originally Posted by lonesXedge View Post
    that is, haha. my post workout shake used to be 5 scoops of MAXIMUS in whole milk, a scoop of waxy maize, a banana, a half cup of oats, and a couple scoops of natty PB. tasted SO GOOD. oh, and i gained weight too haha.
    Did you go comatose after drinking that?

Quote Originally Posted by bjohnso View Post
    Did you go comatose after drinking that?
    if you only knew how much i'm capable of eating in a single session...
    23 years old
    6'3, 308 lbs

825 Squat
    470 Bench
    645 Deadlift
    1905 total
    www.atlargenutrition.com

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mr.strong View Post
    Steroids (the parts that make them) are naturally made in your body but not in the doses people think of when they think of using. But I seriously doubt that he is on Gear becuse A) HES A COP!! and B)He doesnt look steroid huge.

LMAO some people leave stupid comments on youtube
    Derek's as clean as I am ripped. He is super strong and very talented. He's always in crazy good condition. I think he'll have a good showing at WSM. I'm looking forward to watching him compete.