Thread: Ups

Ups

How do I get these #$$@ers to just leave the damn package and not make me sign for it, i'm never here when they are! Can I leave a note and have them go to a friend's apartment?

You can leave a signed note on the door saying to drop the package off. Of course when you do that, liability is not in their hands anymore and if someone steals the package, you're fucked.

I don't know about them taking it to a friend's apartment. But I've left a note for them to leave the package on my door step (the guy/girl actually left me a note asking if it was ok).

If you are living in an apartment they might not do this (for obvious reasons).

Might leave a note saying that you will just pick it up at the UPS distribution center.

They used to just leave the stuff on my door i don't know why they want me to sign, maybe bc its 17 pounds this time. Do I need to use a full sheet of paper and sign it or just a tiny note so no one can see except ups?

Always in the Action Severed Ties's Avatar
    I used to run a shipping and receiving department that dealt heavily with UPS, In the future you should specify in your shipping instructions where you would like the package left if your not home. To do this add a comment to your order form if their isn't a box for special shipping instructions, this is then added to the UPS form so their are no problems.

ST
    Last edited by Severed Ties; 03-23-2002 at 07:43 PM.
    "Your bench makes Jesus cry." -Shark

This is 10% luck, 15% skill, 20% concentrated power of will, 5% pleasure and 50% pain, and 100% reason to remember the name...

ST

ST

ST - Would UPS be responsible or the customer if the item got stolen?

thanks bros

Syn, the customer would, because they gave a signed consent for ups to leave the package there.

^ is a horny teenager.
    assuming the guy would leave it there if there was a note. he might not because anyone can forge a note. why dont you call UPS and tell them there, there are laws about mail going directly to the person or in the mail box etc. etc.

Always in the Action Severed Ties's Avatar
    syntekz-

The customer would be responsible, So long as they follow your instructions, by directing them to leave your package in a place that does not guarantee itís safety you relieve them of any liability.

ST
    "Your bench makes Jesus cry." -Shark

This is 10% luck, 15% skill, 20% concentrated power of will, 5% pleasure and 50% pain, and 100% reason to remember the name...