Thread: Strength/Speed/Endurance

Hybrid View

Strength/Speed/Endurance

I'm trying to find a routine that will increase my running speed, endurance but overall body strength at the same time. I've had mixed suggestions so far but I figured this would be the best place to ask. In the next year or so i'll be applying for city police so I feel that all three of these areas are of huge importance. Right now I feel like id be doing alot of gravity oriented workouts (dips,chinups, etc.) but I just want to make sure.

Wannabebig Member
    Look into Crossfit.
    Current 1RM
    Squat 315
    Bench 220
    Deadlift 335
    Press 140

You know i've heard people talk about crossfit alot but never took the time to actually look into it, thanks for the link.

Are you training to get in better shape or to do well on the police fitness test? If you are training to improve your score on the police fitness test Crossfit is probably not your best bet since it is not specific to the test. Crossfit would improve your test scores but not as much as a training program designed around improving your score in the different parts of the police fitness test.

I'm not to worried about the test to be honest i've gone through three test runs already its not a problem. I just want to be bigger, faster and stronger all around.

Edit: Just took a look at your rugby training routine and that seems more my cup of tea.
    Last edited by MillerTime1485; 04-29-2008 at 09:09 AM.