Thread: I have money, weight gainer?

I have money, weight gainer?

I'm 5'10" 140lbs. I've been eating like a toothpick all my life. So now I'm bulking. It's very, very hard.
    I'm thinking of buying a weight gainer. Basically what I do is (i'm bulking on 3500cals a day). I eat 2000-2500cals worth of food, then make a huge protein shake at night (1000-1500)cals. I add ice-cream peanut butter bananas milk and whey. But now I'm thinking if I buy a weight gainer, I could really use the extra 600cals. What do you guys think?

Steak.

Not being sarcastic or a smartass.

If you have got everything down with cals, solid food, liquid food....then spend that extra 600 cals on some dead flesh.
    Last edited by Slim Schaedle; 04-26-2008 at 01:16 PM.

The only reason i'm even CONSIDERING a weight gainer is only because I can't possibly eat more solid food. Many people have told me to just liquify it. I honestly would try to liquify steak but that would probably be a very nasty tasting shake :P
    The obvious answer here is 'eat more.' But i'm afraid i'll end up puking it up. I'd rather 'drink more.'
    Should I just eat until I puke and then keep eating and maybe eventually my stomach will get used to it?

If you can't eat any more solid foods, then yes a weight gainer is fine. I personally drink a lot of calories to do time restrictions, but I would prefer to eat them. I have a feeling you can eat a lot more calories than you think you can.
    My Journal
    http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=119765

I think this is possibly the all-time best response on WBB. - Jorge Sanchez

"you're an animal eat like one damn it!" - Wikked1

"Now we're finally getting to the chicken or the egg question," I grinned. "Did I eat all that food because my size gives me more of an appetite, or did I get to be this big because I've been forcing myself to eat like this for years?"

From A Body Builder is Born

i knew you were a beast but not that kinda of a beast that eats grown men and children.. lilmase

If u think you need to eat more to gain weight, than I say go for it. It's YOUR decision whether to eat solid foods or supplement with shakes. An excellent weight gainer is Atlarge Maximus. Give it a search. Also, you might look into the recipe 'amazing protein bars'. Give it a search. Lastly, DO NOT EAT TILL YOU PUKE!
    You sound like you're on the right track, just get your six meals in a day and start keeping record of what goes into your stomach and your weight per day. It's easier to track yourself.
    "Whenever there is any doubt, there is no doubt."

5X5:
    Height - 5'10"
    Weight - 216lbs
    Full squats - 235lb
    Bench - 260lb
    Deadlift - 345lb

Can't possibly eat more food? Right. I'm about the exact same height and weight as you, and I take in 3500 calories a day to maintain. I do not take any liquid weight gainer or have to add scoops of ice cream to my diet. Spread the calories, much easier when you can eat more small meals. I tend to eat breakfast, lunch, PWO, Dinner, and a small meal about 2-3 hours before I go to sleep. I could even sneak a shake in between breakfast and lunch if I had to. Solid food is GOOD, get some peanut butter and almonds into your diet.

Personally real food goes down easier, since I tend to drink my shakes in ohh 15 seconds.

Drink one of them Bako shakes..
    Height: 5'11
    Starting Weight: 112
    5/15/08

Current Weight: 122 (+8)
    8/25/08
    Stage: Bulking

Weight gainer is an excellent supplement to add to your protein shakes. They are usually loaded with all kinds of nutrition and I recommend them to give you the extra calories you need...

I second the steak motion.

Next, I would make one of those 1k cal shakes during the day as well.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by HighSchoolGuy View Post
    I'm 5'10" 140lbs. I've been eating like a toothpick all my life. So now I'm bulking. It's very, very hard.
    I'm thinking of buying a weight gainer. Basically what I do is (i'm bulking on 3500cals a day). I eat 2000-2500cals worth of food, then make a huge protein shake at night (1000-1500)cals. I add ice-cream peanut butter bananas milk and whey. But now I'm thinking if I buy a weight gainer, I could really use the extra 600cals. What do you guys think?

Whole milk. A gallon a day, spread out over the course of the day. About 2500 cals. Might make you want to eat cookies too.
    Yummy!
    Last edited by Reko; 04-30-2008 at 03:31 PM.

Only happy when bulking radioheadhead's Avatar
    worked well for me. Some people can force in 4-5k a day with no shakes, others (like me) need a little help to get that done. I like Opticen and Maximus from the link on the top right of your browser. I put on 60 lbs in two years, then cut down to net gain of 50 lbs at a lower bf% than I started at. Plus, you are young and probably full of test, so you will be able to make monster gains if you train and eat hard.

Consistency is key. Eat your goal cals EVERY DAY, even weekends.
    Height: 6' weight:197
    BF%: ~12%?

bench: 280 x 1
    squat: 370 x 1
    dead: 360 x 1

goal: 225 @ < 10% bodyfat

yeah i can only eat so much solid food..drink alot of milk though!

weight gainer wise.. ALN's MAXIMUS is good people! Tastes like brownie batter too! YUM! LOADED with good stuff and plenty of cals!
    Proud to be sponsored by APT prowriststraps.com

90* just means you're halfway there to becoming a man!