Thread: Alright, lets do this.

Wannabebig Member

********UPDATED-APRIL 11th

Tired of my skinny ass. I'm 5'5, a 124 pounds, and I want to gain as much mass as possible while staying very lean. My goal would be at about 145 pounds of just lean muscle. Currently i'm taking in as much food as I possibly can, but I can still only manage to eat so much. I'm figuring I eat maybe 2500 a day. I am trying very hard to change that.

I eat mostly peanut butter, tuna, chicken, milk, and water. When I need to get the calories in I have a frozen pizza. I usually have a protein smoothie (fruit, bananna, yogurt, milk, scoop of whey protein) after my workouts. I just started taking creatine before my workouts (5g).

I pretty much only want to improve my upper body, so thats what I concentrate most on. My arm workout is as follows:

Seated dumbbell curls
    Seated Hammer Curls
    Concentration Curls
    Tricep extensions
    Lifts (Where you have the dumbell behind your head and lift it...)
    And tricep pull downs (on the machine)

My chest/back workout is:
    dumbell bench press
    dumbell butterflies
    machine butterflies
    Lateral raises (like your doing the chicken dance)
    Seated shoulder press

I'll do the first workout one day, the second the next, and keep going like this. But I do take a day off 2 days a week.

My legs aren't anything i'm too worried about, but I get a leg exercise in when I can. Its hard for me to get to the gym between school and work as it is, so when i'm there i'm concerned with making myself better in the departments I care about. I know legs are important though so I do them once in awhile.

PICTURES:
    http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=61406
    Last edited by YeahMan21; 05-11-2005 at 07:21 PM.

Good Luck!

Wannabebig Member
    Thanks.

Wannabebig Member
    Bump

Ditch the banana post workout and replace it with dextrose and or maltodextrin (enough pure dextrose is so sweet you'll be screaming).

Why?

Fructose won't stimulate an insulin spike, and it's taken up preferentially as liver glycogen, not muscle glycogen. Have fruit at some other time. Post workout, stick to glucose/malto. I mix mine half and half.

How much dextrose? I'd say at least as many grams as you have in protein, if not double.

I think Berrardi suggests .8g/kg LBM of dextrose, and .4g/kg LBM of protein, but I find I like protein and carb about the same, at 40-50g each. I'm a chick though, and older than you. You'll probably benefit from the higher carbs.

Also, a common error seen in new lifters, especially young men, is that they avoid leg work because they need upper body size. (Actually, women do this too, but for the opposite reason - they're AFRAID of LOWER BODY size, not realizing that the heavy leg work will lean them out).

Weirdly enough, it's heavy compound exercises, especially heavy leg work (squats and deads) that will stimulate overall testosterone levels and let you grow a nice beefy upper body.

Think of it like a tree - big roots = big branches.

Good luck!

Wannabebig Member
    This might sound stupid but what can I eat that has a lot of dextrose and glucose?

Get a whey/dextrose shake. You can usually order whey and/or dextrose in bulk and mix it to whatever proportions you like. OR you can buy a pre/post workout shake like Nitrean and drink that.

Stash
    me: so this is the "pump" you speak of
    me: I could never figure out what people were talking about
    Relentless: like an all over body hardon, yeah

Food log

The Focused Chronicles

Better yet (and cheaper) - get a low carb protein shake, and doctor it up with dextrose and maltodextrin. You can pick these up online cheap (about 5 bucks a kilogram) or at a beer and wine supply store.

The malto I buy is sold as a product called Brew Body - it's 100% pure malto.

Why mix the two? Well, malto isn't sweet at all, and dextrose is TOO sweet.

The combination is also better for gastric emptying than straight dextrose due to the lower osmolality of maltodextrin.

Geekiness. Ignore that last part. Just get both.

A quarter cup of either of these sugars has about 40g of carb (I weighed it at home).

So do you like eat a frozen pizza out of the freezer? That's hardcore man!

Wannabebig Member
    More along the lines of the kind that you put in a microwave.

Wannabebig Member
    Came up with a new workout. All are 3 sets 8-12 reps.

OK, I revised the whole thing. Here we go.

DAY 1:
    Bench Press
    Decline DB Press
    Incline DB Press
    Reverse Pushups
    Overhead Tri Ext
    Tricep Pulldowns

Day 2: Back/Biceps
    Dead Lift
    Cable Pull Down
    Cable Row
    Alt DB Curl
    Alt Hammer Curl
    Conc. Curl

Day 3: Shoulders/Legs
    Shrugs
    Rev Flyes
    Shoulder Press
    Hamstring Ext.
    Toe Raises
    Leg Ext.
    DB Squats

Wannabebig Member
    Forgot I had this thing. Well I work 6 days a week and only have time to go to the gym once a week. So, I try to do a full body. Heres the workout I just did.

2 sets db curls
    2 sets hammer curls
    3 sets of weighted reverse pushups
    2 sets tricep pulldowns
    2 sets db presses
    2 sets db flyes
    3 sets deadlifts
    2 sets cable rows
    2 sets leg presses
    2 sets reverse leg ext
    ab workout.

check out my pics. link in the sig.
    Last edited by YeahMan21; 05-11-2005 at 07:31 PM.

Slaughter of the Soul METALASIAN's Avatar
    How about weights and stuff?
    Weight:160 lbs.
    Height: 5'7"

So this is it, my time to live.

Wannabebig Member
    I'm not sure what you're asking.

Wannabebig Member
    How much weight did you use and how many reps per set is what he's asking

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YeahMan21
    Forgot I had this thing. Well I work 6 days a week and only have time to go to the gym once a week. So, I try to do a full body. Heres the workout I just did.

2 sets db curls
    2 sets hammer curls
    3 sets of weighted reverse pushups
    2 sets tricep pulldowns
    2 sets db presses
    2 sets db flyes
    3 sets deadlifts
    2 sets cable rows
    2 sets leg presses
    2 sets reverse leg ext
    ab workout.

check out my pics. link in the sig.
    My only question is is this enough to do for a bulk? I'm maxing out, but i'm only doing it one day a week.

Senior Member Canadian Crippler's Avatar
    Why can you only get in the gym once a week? The president of the United States finds time to workout 3 times a week, so I'm sure you can figure out ATLEAST twice a week. If it's a time constraint you just need to time everything better.
    "I added some db curls with the pink weights for a bit of a burn." - Rookiebldr

"im assuming the holy (big) 3 are: curls, bench, legs?" - Saggas

"had a huge ass burn on my triceps while I was doing those kickbacks, so they'll likely be staying with my exercise program." - Zearoth

"most of my burned calories coming from something called Basal. Wtf does a leaf have to do with any of it?" - Votorx

"We have a lot of people like that on our campus, all hippies and things, that go around preaching against corporations, jocks, preps, accountants, and anyone else that feels the need to shower more than occasionally." - Shankerr

"Damn man why are some women just so demonic and evil.. its like you wanna get a stake and mallet and an erection at the same time." - WBBIRL

Wannabebig Member
    I wake up at 8, go to school get home at 3, go to work at 4 get back at 10. Sleep, wake, repeat. On weekends I usually work 7:30am- 4pm. After 4 i'll go to the gym, and be too soe to go the next day. Summer will be easier but i'm talking about now.

Senior Member Canadian Crippler's Avatar
    When you get back at 10, take a high calorie shake and go right to bed. Wake up at 6 and head off to the gym. This gives you almost 8 hours of sleep still, and you can get in your workouts.

It does all depend on how important getting big is to you. I know if I was in your situation, I would take the route explained above.
    "I added some db curls with the pink weights for a bit of a burn." - Rookiebldr

"im assuming the holy (big) 3 are: curls, bench, legs?" - Saggas

"had a huge ass burn on my triceps while I was doing those kickbacks, so they'll likely be staying with my exercise program." - Zearoth

"most of my burned calories coming from something called Basal. Wtf does a leaf have to do with any of it?" - Votorx

"We have a lot of people like that on our campus, all hippies and things, that go around preaching against corporations, jocks, preps, accountants, and anyone else that feels the need to shower more than occasionally." - Shankerr

"Damn man why are some women just so demonic and evil.. its like you wanna get a stake and mallet and an erection at the same time." - WBBIRL

Never Enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by Canadian Crippler View Post
    When you get back at 10, take a high calorie shake and go right to bed. Wake up at 6 and head off to the gym. This gives you almost 8 hours of sleep still, and you can get in your workouts.

It does all depend on how important getting big is to you. I know if I was in your situation, I would take the route explained above.

I agree with this guy, he is actually, completely right. I used to think like you did, but that changed, im 15 now, how old are you dude?
    Think better, Train Better, Eat better, BE better.

My Journal;
    http://www.wannabebigforums.com/show....php?p=1877589