The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    thanx guys...i'm tryin my damnest!

accessory work
    bw: 329

snatches
    95x2 135x2 155x2 165x1 175x1 195x1
    205x1 215x1 225x1

db bench press
    100sx15 110sx15

JM press
    135x10 185x10 205x10

hammers/pushdowns/grip work

***today me and freak did some accessory work at my gym today. it was great! we had a good change of pace today and we did some grip work today as well. i'm gettin better at it for sure and there is a technique to it no doubt. jon weighed in at 241 and i at 329. so we kicked ass today. we did snatches for the first time and we'll be doin them more and more often to get used to doin them. i got vids and will throw them up later today or so.

just a fun day...
    TB
    i'm a man....without a number
    "never satisfied!"
    powered by anabolikclothing, apt, and usplabs

log:
    http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=129997

ME SQUATS
    Squats briefs only
    135x1 225x1 315x1 405x1
    495x1 585x1 675x1 735x1 785x0-0

Speed Pulls
    315x1x8

***tonite was first time back in any kind of briefs in 2 years. went up to 785 and had issues with the free spotter and the bar bending really bad causing it not to undo the latch itself when i squatted it up. when i tried to it stopped me from doin the ****in weight causing the bar to still be unreleased from the free spotter. you can ask jon and mason, i was pretty pissed and both wanted me to do this weight and so did i! 735 was really strong...and it was done in loose briefs too. OH WELL...cry me a ****in river right? jon did 605 and did 675 high but does have the potential for a 900 squat since he did those in the loose dual-quad he used last week. we are now on the hunt for a 1500lb bar...

i'll just get stronger...
    TB
    "never satisfied!"

log:

Good squats Curt! What briefs are you using now?
    Last edited by mastermonster; 09-21-2008 at 04:39 PM.
    Proudly Sponsored by Titan Support Systems Inc. and 'Monster Barbell'
    Training log: (Mastermonster's Quest For The Records)

i rather not say buddy...since i'm waitin on the boss briefs to come in...lol!!

ME BENCH
    bw: ???

raw bench
    135x12-10 245x8-6 335x3-1

CG shirted bench 2-boards w/ katana
    425x1 515x2 565x2 605x2 655x2 695x2

CG 2-board RPR(repout raw)
    315x18(really fast...like paul key fast...lol!!)

straight up 2 hours of bending nails while watchin "heroes"
    did 30 bends

***tonite was a kickass session for both me and jon. tried on the new katana and the good news is that it feels just like my rage x as far as it sits and how it puts on! addin the scoop neck was a good idea. anyhow, PRed and did 655 for 2 and 695 for 2!!. jon "would think" he had an off day. he worked up to a rough single with 605 BUT the shirt sleeves were too loose. went back into his old F6 and weights were moving a lot faster! dropped down to 455 and went up to 515 for 2 sets of 2 to work on dropping the bar fast. jon has two shirts that are loose either in the chest or triceps but the rage x he has just needs to have the sleeves stretched out and that will be his magic shirt for sure. still impressive **** from him...everything he has done thus far has been in loose shirts! can't ****in wait til he gets into a correct fitting shirt. after benching we went onto CG 2-boards repouts raw to work on speed and dropping the bar faster. i did 18 and jon did 10 so its a start. after that we ate and watch "heroes" from the other nite that we both missed and bent some nails. jon did about 62 nails and i did 30 my first time AFTER bendin one the first time. if you saw the vid of me and jon bending nails, we were bending those for 2 hours tonite during "heroes". i've got vids of the board work and a pic of the 20lb of nails we bended too...as well as some pics of the APT banner that hangs up in jon's garage(pics will be up tomorrow!)we also got a new bar and 2 100lb plates(hence the attempts!) due to last weeks squat session. anyone out in the t-town or bham area, are more than welcome to stop in...keep in mind...your first session there...

you will have to draw blood...hehehe
    TB
    "never satisfied!"

log:

"never satisfied!"

log:

Good stuff Curt

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Superior Athletics - Northeast Ohio's Center for Athlete Training
    *Westside Barbell Certified Gym

thanx brother!!

ME SQUAT

box squats w/ HC straps down w/ dbl greens and dbl minis(+400)
    135x1 225x2 315x2 365x1 405x1 425x1

speed deads
    315 for 8 singles

***today was a kickass session. jon made a HUGE PR...did 315 with the same tension with his leviathan suit straps down. he did 295 before with the straps up!! HUGE PR! i worked up to an easy 425 for 1 with the same tensions with the HC straps down. smoked it!! keep in mind, we didn't wear any briefs!! so we have a ton of strength to build from. did some quick speed deads and called it a session. we finally got some light in the garage so night sessions won't be an issue anymore. me and jon are hittin a deload week next week to recover and prepare for the punishment that lies ahead...

ROLL ****IN TIDE!!
    TB
    "never satisfied!"

log:

Banned
    Even though I'd have to disagree with the tide statement, nice work man.

Where is NGBB? I'm going to be in Atlanta for the week of the 6th and 20th of October and would like to see if it's possible to get out to train with you guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Moore View Post
    Even though I'd have to disagree with the tide statement, nice work man.

Where is NGBB? I'm going to be in Atlanta for the week of the 6th and 20th of October and would like to see if it's possible to get out to train with you guys.
    hahaha!! NGBB is in kennesaw which is north of atlanta on 75 north. i haven't been out there in a while because of the new job and all. it sucks but its worth it to go out there bro...i can put you in touch with glenn baggett...just hit me up an email..
    TB
    "never satisfied!"

log:

DE BENCH

raw bench
    135x12-10 225x8-6 315x3-1 405x1
    speed bench
    225x5 singles w/ dbl lights and dbl minis(+200)
    225x5 singles w/ dbl minis(+50)
    225x5 singles w/ dbl lights(+150)

repouts
    315x22

pullups/band hammers
    bw on pullups for 16 reps total...PR!

***tonite was a great speed session with jon. he still had bouts of bicep tendonitis but know what he needs to do to fix it. the speed work went well...the was movin fast on both of us but we can be faster...never enough right? i also modified my setup some too and it workin a lot more so good thing we got vids so that i can see it more. after that we did some repouts with 315...i did 22 which was a PR and jon did 12 but can do 15 or more w/o the bicep tendonitis issue. did some light accessory stuff like pullups and band hammers. i did do 16 reps total on pullups which is another PR for me on those on a possible 330ish bodyweight...lol!! and jon did 18 reps which was a PR for him as well. keep an eye out in this log guys...me and jon are only goin to get stronger...

here are some vids:
    http://trainordie.com/trainingblogs/.../me-squat-vid/
    http://trainordie.com/trainingblogs/.../de-bench-vid/

...thru intensity and insanity...
    TB
    "never satisfied!"

log:

DE SQUATS
    raw box squats
    135x5 225x5 315x5 405x5 495x5 525x5

front box squats
    225x7 sets of 5 i believe..see below!!

hammer curls
    50 for 4 sets of 15

***tonite was a deload on the squats. worked up to an easy 525 for 5 w/ belt only on box squats and jon did 425 for 5 w/ belt only reps and we worked on speed(or more less what it turned out to being) on front box squats(no belt). it got to a point where me and jon were tryin to see who can do 5 reps the quickest. he did 5 reps of the same weight in 4.75 secs and i did the same weight for 5 reps for 5 secs. don't ask why we did that but we did because we could!! LOL!! vids will be up tommorrow though warning no music(mostly cause steve stole what i was goin to use...****er!) this time but there are some shenigans...lol!

look for more front squats in future!
    TB
    "never satisfied!"

log:

Nice workout bro
    Best Raw Squatter and Sponsored by the Best AtLarge Nutrition, Titan, and APT.

thanx bro!

back/lockouts/hammers
    bw: 325(morning weight)

db bench presses
    100x12 130x11-24

HS pulldowns
    3platesx10
    4platesx10
    5platesx10

super pullovers
    stk/15-20

pullups for a set of 5

rolling extensions
    55sx3 sets of 10

rack lockouts supersetted with hammers
    lockouts- 495x3 sets of 10 495x15
    hammers- 55s for 4 sets of 10

rear delt work/nail bending

****today was a fun session w/o the cleans...LOL!! did some high rep **** with 130s. i did 24 and jon did 17 before me. moved onto hammer pulldowns and went up to 5 plates per side, then finished up with super pullovers and pullups. went to rolling extensions as we were waiting on a power rack(oh yea...we were at a gym today..LOL!!). then we supersetted rack lockouts with hammers for fun really. did some rear delt work and called it a day. did some nail bending later where i was really humbled. attempted a grade 5 nail which was too much for me but then the 60 penny nails were giving me trouble. a little strength and push from my brother and got my head into it and owned the 60 penny nails and anything else BUT the grade 5s. i didn't feel too bad because i know i could bend them...i was doin them the right way but it wasn't to be. next time...i will own those ****ers! jon bent 5 of those grade 5 nails..nail bending really ****s with your head if you let it and really brings out the intensity too. your probably asking yourself why bend nails right? well let me tell ya.....today's accessory session was done without WRAPS OR STRAPS AT ALL!! didn't even think about it to tell ya the truth...it just happened. nail bending in short helps with squeezing the bar easier and mentally makes you tough. gettin under 700+ doesn't sound too hard anymore...LOL!! jon's mental strength came from doin this and i believe him...so give it a try...we got 3 guys comin to train with us on today so i'm lookin foward to that as well..

here are the vids:
    http://trainordie.com/trainingblogs/...klockouts-vid/

today that nail owned me but soon...it will be ****in bent!!
    TB
    "never satisfied!"

log:

ME BENCH

raw bench
    135x12-10 225x8-6 315x3 405x1(no wraps!)
    3-board CG shirted bench w/ dbl greens
    w/ single-ply katana
    135x2 225x2 315x2 405x2 495x2 585x0!!
    3-board w/o bands
    w/ single-ply katana
    405x3

suicides w/ 315
    1-boardsx5
    2-boardsx5
    3-boardsx5
    4-boardsx5
    full rangex4

pullups
    bwx21 reps!!

***tonite was so a ****in awesome session!! we had a total of 5 guys in and ready to bench tonite which was awesome. trent and eric joined us along with mason for some shirted benchin. in short, i went 495 for 2 and missed 585(which was close!), jon went 405 for 2 and missed 455, trent(275) went 365 for a single, eric(198) went 275 and mason went 185. all were done close-grip and off 3-boards. jon and mason were wearing "loose-shirts" but wanted more so i understood that. got a chance to slap the **** out of mason for one of his attempts(not too hard though) hopin it would lite a fire under him to get 225. he will...jon wanted 455 if not 500 but he has another shirt comin that could change that in a week or so. it should be awesome! trent and eric were really impressive. trent went and literally manhandled 365!! eric was more on learning the shirt but was almost able to close the #3 grippers first time and got up to bendin what me and jon were bendin the other nite. mason came back and went two rounds on suicides and almost gettin 5s across the boards...next time we'll have to up his bar weight. we did pullups and this is how it went. mason did 11, trent did 6(3 more than he thought he did and no help!), eric did 27!, jon did 27, and i did 21! needless to say, eric hammering the pullups was impressive! not only that went and did 30 more after that too! we got a ****load of potential and not to mention the combination of intensity and insanity...squat day is up on thursday and we'll see how intense and insane we can get...again, everyone did awesome tonite and we can only get stronger from here...

vid:
    http://trainordie.com/trainingblogs/.../me-bench-vid/

still workin on a name that fits intensity and insanity...
    TB
    "never satisfied!"