Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 43

Thread: Disgusted

  1. #1
    Who me? Chubrock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    9,780

    Disgusted

    Video



    Here's a link to the story- http://gatewaypundit.blogspot.com/20....html#comments

    Fuck, fight, or hold the light.

  2. #2
    Not Done Yet ShockBoxer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    3,265
    The only thing that would bother me about this (substituting a Canadian flag, of course) would be the hypocracy that would likely disallow any OTHER nation's flag from being trampled on out of a show of 'respect'. Freedom of speech should not be limited to bashing your own country.
    The Reconstruction Project (Journal)

    Age: 34, Height: 5'4, Weight: 185, BF: somewhere between 15 and 45%

    Weightlifting Start Date: July 26, 2005 - Bench 95 x 6, Dead 110 x 8, Smith Squat 180 x 8
    Bests: Bench 185 x 8, Dead 400 x 1, Zercher Squat 295 x 3


    Stop thinking and go lift - Paul Stagg

  3. #3
    student of the game Runty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Posts
    1,152
    Wow. I can't believe they let that take place. And that professor trying to argue? What an ungrateful disrespectful piece of ****. Trying to tell and veteran what he fought for in Vietnam. And those goth losers just standing there. I would for sure be unleashing a verbal assault on those arrogant little pricks.

    Can anyone read the signs on the goth kids backs? All I can see is "______ teacher" on the one.

    EDIT: Now that I think about it, I would have tried to take a fake spill on one of the little flags to remove them for safety. You're right about using others flags too. I wonder if you using flags from another country would be a bigger or smaller deal for people.
    Last edited by Runty; 05-01-2008 at 02:47 PM.
    "Fine, if I'm not allowed to light it on fire, can my imaginary friend?"

  4. #4
    Who me? Chubrock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    9,780
    The sign says "Future Teacher." The thing that kills me is that the only people who take part in this type of **** are people who have no concept of what it is to sacrifice for something beyond their own selfish interests. The people that scream about freedom of speech and "protecting your right to free speech" are the ones that rely on others to put their ass on the line when push comes to shove.

    Fuck, fight, or hold the light.

  5. #5
    Senior Member BilltheButcher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    3,474
    Quote Originally Posted by Chubrock View Post
    The sign says "Future Teacher." The thing that kills me is that the only people who take part in this type of **** are people who have no concept of what it is to sacrifice for something beyond their own selfish interests. The people that scream about freedom of speech and "protecting your right to free speech" are the ones that rely on others to put their ass on the line when push comes to shove.
    This is why they are known as the liberal elite. They go to college, basically have every advantage handed to them, have never really experienced anything in life, and they think we are all sheep who blindly follow our government and only they can see the light and it is their duty to show us the light. What I find even more irritating, is that they deemed it necessary to have faculty present and also the cops - they knew what they were doing was offensive and unpatriotic. Pretty soon people will boo the national atheme and grade school kids will be taught by their parents to sit at their desks when they say the pledge of alligiance. In my mind it is simple, we as Americans are trying the best we can, to make this the greatest country we can, if you hate it that much and despise what it stands for so much. Get the F Out - don't give me that BS argument that you are doing this to make a statement to the gov't of all the bad things it has done.
    Never shall innocent blood be shed, yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The Three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of God.

  6. #6
    Wannabebig New Member HahnB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Runty View Post
    Wow. I can't believe they let that take place.
    Yea, we all know that freedom of speech is disgusting!

    I don't care how much you hate what they're doing, they have every right to do so in this country. If you don't allow them to have free speech, you're being a hypocrite by opposing the very thing this country is suppose to stand for.
    Last edited by HahnB; 05-01-2008 at 03:43 PM.
    My brother and I were brutal. I once chased him around the house with a spoon that I put on the burner. I burned that little pricks leg. -sharkall2003

    Then I saw a little african boy sleeping, and I thought...that is little Okeke. he is tired from herding all the goats and the big goat got away today - Rock

  7. #7
    Senior Member Invain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    3,974
    I know it's incredibly dis-respectful, but I fail to see how having a flag on the ground is the absolute end of the world. Sure, it's a symbol of our country, but sometimes I think people take things a little too far when it comes to "patriotism" and "national symbols". Remove the stripes and stars and it's freaking piece of cloth. Who the hell cares if these mofo's wanna lay it on the ground? They're idiots, they'll get what's coming to them. If you have pride in your country that should be all that matters, why would I care if some piece of crap wants to stand on the flag?

    I guess it's a bigger deal for war vets and such than soembody like me, but still. Voice your opinion and then move on. Nopoint in making a huge ass deal about. Far worse things happen in our country than a freakin flag being stepped on.
    Last edited by Invain; 05-01-2008 at 03:49 PM.
    Best lifts: 615/475/660, Raw w/ Wraps
    http://www.youtube.com/user/invain622002

  8. #8
    Senior Member BilltheButcher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    3,474
    Quote Originally Posted by Invain View Post
    I know it's incredibly dis-respectful, but I fail to see how having a flag on the ground is the absolute end of the world. Sure, it's a symbol of our country, but sometimes I think people take things a little too far when it comes to "patriotism" and "national symbols". Remove the stripes and stars and it's freaking piece of cloth. Who the hell cares if these mofo's wanna lay it on the ground? They're idiots, they'll get what's coming to them. If you have pride in your country that should be all that matters, why would I care if some piece of crap wants to stand on the flag?

    I guess it's a bigger deal for war vets and such than soembody like me, but still. Voice your opinion and then move on. Nopoint in making a huge ass deal about. Far worse things happen in our country than a freakin flag being stepped on.
    I pretty much put it up there with them pi$$ing on my uncles grave and my great grandfathers grave both who were killed fighting for this country.
    Never shall innocent blood be shed, yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The Three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of God.

  9. #9
    Wannabebig New Member HahnB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by BilltheButcher View Post
    I pretty much put it up there with them pi$$ing on my uncles grave and my great grandfathers grave both who were killed fighting for this country.
    The flag stands for many other things besides soldiers who fought for our country. That's kinda like someone burning a bible and saying that's the same thing as you pissing on my grandmothers grave because she was a Christian.
    Last edited by HahnB; 05-01-2008 at 05:07 PM.
    My brother and I were brutal. I once chased him around the house with a spoon that I put on the burner. I burned that little pricks leg. -sharkall2003

    Then I saw a little african boy sleeping, and I thought...that is little Okeke. he is tired from herding all the goats and the big goat got away today - Rock

  10. #10
    Footballer
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Mt. Pleasant, MI.
    Posts
    1,432
    Maybe it's because I'm canadian and could give a **** less if they laid our flags on the ground, but who cares. I feel that the pledge of allegiance is used to brainwash american children.
    Calgary Stampeder!
    Formerly a CMU Chippewa!

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Small town in Texas
    Posts
    97
    I may be wrong and I'm not sure where to find it, but to my knowledge if an American flag touches the ground it is to be picked up and disposed of properly(burned in a ceremony). So the veteran had every right to pick up the flags if he wanted to.
    JESUS KICKS ASS!

    Life's too short to live in caution. Life's too long not to live at all.--Van Zandt

    It's better to be hated for who you are than be loved for who you're not.--Van Zandt

    MYJOURNAL

    MY FITDAY

  12. #12
    Banned wnt2gitswoll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    406
    The things I'd do to these ignorant **********s, bro. I swear I'd let the wrath of God out on these pricks.

  13. #13
    Wannabebig New Member HahnB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRic View Post
    M I feel that the pledge of allegiance is used to brainwash american children.
    A lot of people feel that way.
    My brother and I were brutal. I once chased him around the house with a spoon that I put on the burner. I burned that little pricks leg. -sharkall2003

    Then I saw a little african boy sleeping, and I thought...that is little Okeke. he is tired from herding all the goats and the big goat got away today - Rock

  14. #14
    Wannabebig New Member HahnB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by wnt2gitswoll View Post
    The things I'd do to these ignorant **********s, bro. I swear I'd let the wrath of God out on these pricks.
    How is it that you're against the very thing our soldiers have fought for in several wars?
    My brother and I were brutal. I once chased him around the house with a spoon that I put on the burner. I burned that little pricks leg. -sharkall2003

    Then I saw a little african boy sleeping, and I thought...that is little Okeke. he is tired from herding all the goats and the big goat got away today - Rock

  15. #15
    Who me? Chubrock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    9,780
    Quote Originally Posted by HahnB View Post
    That's kinda like someone burning a bible and saying that's the same thing as you pissing on my grandmothers grave because she was a Christian.

    Poor example. I don't see too many Christians fighting and dying to uphold God's word.


    It comes down to having a lack of ****ing respect. Simply put, people who sacrifice nothing and hide behind the mantra that they're "protecting our freedoms," lack human decency. I wonder how many of their supporters would feel if I pissed all over their mother or father's headstone? I mean, it's just a symbol right?

    Fuck, fight, or hold the light.

  16. #16
    Wannabebig New Member HahnB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Chubrock View Post
    Poor example. I don't see too many Christians fighting and dying to uphold God's word.
    Religion has been the the cause of more wars than anything else. In all reality, religion is the cause of the war we're currently fighting...

    It is disrespectful, I agree-but it's their right. It's free speech.
    Last edited by HahnB; 05-01-2008 at 06:27 PM.
    My brother and I were brutal. I once chased him around the house with a spoon that I put on the burner. I burned that little pricks leg. -sharkall2003

    Then I saw a little african boy sleeping, and I thought...that is little Okeke. he is tired from herding all the goats and the big goat got away today - Rock

  17. #17
    Who me? Chubrock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    9,780
    Quote Originally Posted by HahnB View Post
    Religion has been the the cause of more wars than anything else. In all reality, religion is the cause of the war we're currently fighting...
    The thing is, these aren't Christians pissing on the Bible and claiming that it's just a symbol. These people live in America, enjoy the liberties and freedoms associated with doing so, and then degrade the very thing that gives them this ability. To top it off, they do this without stepping forward to accept some of the risk.

    Fuck, fight, or hold the light.

  18. #18
    Wannabebig New Member HahnB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Chubrock View Post
    The thing is, these aren't Christians pissing on the Bible and claiming that it's just a symbol. These people live in America, enjoy the liberties and freedoms associated with doing so, and then degrade the very thing that gives them this ability. To top it off, they do this without stepping forward to accept some of the risk.
    While America is a great place to live, there have been things our country has done in the past and present that some people don't agree with. When our country does something we don't approve of, we have to stand up against it-otherwise we're just as much to blame as the people in government who are responsible for it. I'm not talking about the war, just anything in general. The sad thing is people DO blindly follow our government. If you were to ask every single person who is voting age what habeas corpus is, I'd be willing to wager my left arm that 80% or more of them have no idea-yet they probably have a good idea who they're voting for...People in this country need to become more active in what the hell is going on. Protests like this, while you may not agree with them, are people standing up for what they believe in-which is a rare thing these days.
    My brother and I were brutal. I once chased him around the house with a spoon that I put on the burner. I burned that little pricks leg. -sharkall2003

    Then I saw a little african boy sleeping, and I thought...that is little Okeke. he is tired from herding all the goats and the big goat got away today - Rock

  19. #19
    Senior Member Jorge Sanchez's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    6,607
    Quote Originally Posted by Invain View Post
    I know it's incredibly dis-respectful, but I fail to see how having a flag on the ground is the absolute end of the world. Sure, it's a symbol of our country, but sometimes I think people take things a little too far when it comes to "patriotism" and "national symbols". Remove the stripes and stars and it's freaking piece of cloth. Who the hell cares if these mofo's wanna lay it on the ground?


    Seriously. What is so sacred about an American flag? I've seen the stars and stripes on a pair of underwear before. Some of you guys are very easily offended if this really bothers you that much.

  20. #20
    Who is John Galt? CrazyK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by HahnB View Post
    Religion has been the the cause of more wars than anything else. In all reality, religion is the cause of the war we're currently fighting...
    Absolutely wrong. Resources have been the cause of almost all wars. Even the Crusades were truly fought over the precious seaports linking East Asia to Europe.
    Last edited by CrazyK; 05-01-2008 at 07:11 PM.
    "You shall invite to the path of your Lord with wisdom and kind enlightenment, and debate with them in the best possible manner. Your Lord knows best who has strayed from His path, and He knows best who are the guided ones."- Quran 16:25

    "A life unexamined is not worth living"- Socrates

  21. #21
    Who is John Galt? CrazyK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Jorge Sanchez View Post


    Seriously. What is so sacred about an American flag? I've seen the stars and stripes on a pair of underwear before. Some of you guys are very easily offended if this really bothers you that much.
    This I agree with. To add this is what America's about...protecting the rights of minority groups to express their views in a public form. No matter how twisted and wrong you might think said group's view's are it's still fine for them to express their view's.
    Last edited by CrazyK; 05-01-2008 at 07:04 PM.
    "You shall invite to the path of your Lord with wisdom and kind enlightenment, and debate with them in the best possible manner. Your Lord knows best who has strayed from His path, and He knows best who are the guided ones."- Quran 16:25

    "A life unexamined is not worth living"- Socrates

  22. #22
    Senior Member BilltheButcher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    3,474
    Quote Originally Posted by HahnB View Post
    While America is a great place to live, there have been things our country has done in the past and present that some people don't agree with. When our country does something we don't approve of, we have to stand up against it-otherwise we're just as much to blame as the people in government who are responsible for it. I'm not talking about the war, just anything in general. The sad thing is people DO blindly follow our government. If you were to ask every single person who is voting age what habeas corpus is, I'd be willing to wager my left arm that 80% or more of them have no idea-yet they probably have a good idea who they're voting for...People in this country need to become more active in what the hell is going on. Protests like this, while you may not agree with them, are people standing up for what they believe in-which is a rare thing these days.
    Protest? I thought it was art. I am still trying to understand how desecrating the American flag brings people to your side. And lets look at the "artist" in question -- why do these people living in fantasy land have to cry about their terrible lives are in the Usa. I get it your against the war, so is pretty much everyone else, your against the injustices in the world etc. etc. Why not volunteer your time to actually do something? Ever look at the study of who donates their time and money for the needy - it isn't the people like this so called "artist" they don't do crap to actually change things. They do these self gratifying "Art prjects" that acomplish nothing except dividing the public. These colleges would never, ever allow something like the Koran or any other countires flag to be desecrated b/c they would never want to offend someoen of a different culture. I mean in Chapel Hill u couldn't put an american flag in front of your business b/c it may possibly offend an international student. But lets not stifle free speech for those that are proud of their country.
    Never shall innocent blood be shed, yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The Three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of God.

  23. #23
    Senior Member Jorge Sanchez's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    6,607
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyK View Post
    Absolutely wrong. Resources have been the cause of almost all wars. Even the Crusades were truly fought over the precious seaports linking East Asia to Europe.
    Both religion and resources have played a large part in almost every war in history, along with millions of other diverse factors. To say one or the other is THE CAUSE of war is absolutely wrong.

  24. #24
    Wannabebig New Member HahnB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyK View Post
    Absolutely wrong. Resources have been the cause of almost all wars. Even the Crusades were truly fought over the precious seaports linking East Asia to Europe.
    That's your opinion, not an absoloute fact. Religion has played a significant part in many, many wars.
    My brother and I were brutal. I once chased him around the house with a spoon that I put on the burner. I burned that little pricks leg. -sharkall2003

    Then I saw a little african boy sleeping, and I thought...that is little Okeke. he is tired from herding all the goats and the big goat got away today - Rock

  25. #25
    Senior Member Chickenlegs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    The H.H. 35
    Posts
    105
    Quote Originally Posted by BilltheButcher View Post
    Protest? I thought it was art. I am still trying to understand how desecrating the American flag brings people to your side. And lets look at the "artist" in question -- why do these people living in fantasy land have to cry about their terrible lives are in the Usa. I get it your against the war, so is pretty much everyone else, your against the injustices in the world etc. etc. Why not volunteer your time to actually do something? Ever look at the study of who donates their time and money for the needy - it isn't the people like this so called "artist" they don't do crap to actually change things. They do these self gratifying "Art prjects" that acomplish nothing except dividing the public. These colleges would never, ever allow something like the Koran or any other countires flag to be desecrated b/c they would never want to offend someoen of a different culture. I mean in Chapel Hill u couldn't put an american flag in front of your business b/c it may possibly offend an international student. But lets not stifle free speech for those that are proud of their country.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •