Thread: Need Dieting help please

Wannabebig Member

Need Dieting help please

Hey there everyone
    I need some help from anyone thats big or getting big as i have been training for 6 months and still see no significant change.

Just some info about me before i start
    Weight: 70 kgs

People have told me its about 30% work out and 70% diet...i am doing well in the gym i push myself, so im guessing its the dieting thats going wrong.

Before i get into the dieting bit....to get big one must do the three infamous excercises of dead lifts, squats and bench press correct? (sorry just need to clarfiy that)

ok for dieiting...People have told me to eat alot of protien, so should i be on a high-protien diet? or do i eat carbs too? others have told me eat alot of carbs, specially 3 hours before the gym, if someone could be kind enough to break up a usual day of meals for me that would be great.

being a 20 year old, would anyone reccomend i take the LA Muscle Norateen Heavyweight II?? it boosts testorone levels, im just not sure if i am old enough to get the best of it....i have heard many good things about it.

anyway thanks very much in advanced guys!

All you need to do is eat more calories then you burn. Focus on getting 1g or protein per lb of bodyweight, .5g of fat, and fill the rest in with carbs/protein/fat. You do not have to deadlift, bench, or squat to get big, but they sure do help. Test boosters are a waste of money at any age.

Start tracking what you eat and the ammounts. Record total calorie and macros (grams of protein,carbs,fat). Once you determine what your eating now (if your not changing weight then what your eating now is your maintence level) then add 500 calories or so a day. If that doesn't work, keep adding until you are gaining weight.
    Nick V

Never Enough.
    well my friend, if you are serious about lifting, then read this thread;

http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=1542

I can honestly say that EVERYTHING is there in the third post down, if you can be bothered to read it all, but it really gives ALL the info you need, not just about protein but about carbs and how to figure out how many kcals ETC to consume depending on your weight and goals (cutting/gaining)
    Last edited by JonnyM; 05-04-2008 at 02:49 PM.
    Think better, Train Better, Eat better, BE better.

My Journal;
    http://www.wannabebigforums.com/show....php?p=1877589

yes on carbs
    eat lots of protein
    complex carbs
    AND good fats

i just eat a couple slices of bread before workout
    Green Tea
    17ys -175lbs
    Squat: 300
    Bench: 200
    Deadlift: 360