Thread: need some advice

need some advice

on the reccomendation of my chiro I am giving sumo dl a try for a while. This is my forth work out doing them, I have been training steady for 19 years and have never done them before. I did alot of research and tried to follow advice of the articles i read, but more eyes the better. Here is one of my work sets from today. I was wearing an Inzer maxdl (36) straps down and a belt. 500x8, the weights starting slipping off the left side so i had to stop. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks, Jeff

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zo_3LgD9A64
    sponsored by Anderson powerlifting (Titan gear) AtLarge nutrition and APT prowriststraps

How sad do you have to be to lie to people on the internet. How weak or broken do you have to be to lie about how tough you are, how much you lift or how big or lean you are? You are lying to people you will never meet. The worst part is your the only one that does not see the lies show through so clearly. Just be happy with what you have, it may not be what you once had, but it is still better than many will ever have

oh, BTW the point at my shirt at the end was supposed to show the AtLarge nutrition shirt i was wearing, but dumbass me didn't get low enough, LOL.
    sponsored by Anderson powerlifting (Titan gear) AtLarge nutrition and APT prowriststraps

How sad do you have to be to lie to people on the internet. How weak or broken do you have to be to lie about how tough you are, how much you lift or how big or lean you are? You are lying to people you will never meet. The worst part is your the only one that does not see the lies show through so clearly. Just be happy with what you have, it may not be what you once had, but it is still better than many will ever have

Banned
    Looked good to me - I'm thinking of doing the same thing in switching to sumo for a bit.

good form. is your sumo pull stronger than your conventional?
    23 years old
    6'3, 308 lbs

825 Squat
    470 Bench
    645 Deadlift
    1905 total
    www.atlargenutrition.com

not sure yet Lone. I missed 635 because it came out away from me near my knees. I normally can open with 635 conv. I figure worse case the sumo stuff will just make my conv better. I do like the feeling of less wear and tear after the work out pulling sumo.

i hear that! it can take a toll on your hips after awhile, but i definetely feel more beat up if i pull conventional.
    23 years old
    6'3, 308 lbs

825 Squat
    470 Bench
    645 Deadlift
    1905 total
    www.atlargenutrition.com

I saw the shirt! Nice! Nice representin' of the brand :o).

It looks like you have plenty of leg/hip drive, but the lockout is your relative weakness. Is that correct?

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

thats it chris, and thats strange because conv I am the exact opposite. I guess i should do some rack work from right below the knees?

Keep the bar in closer. Turn your toes out a bit more. Ensure your arms are completely straight at the start, if you flex the triceps you will know they are straight. Keep the head up a bit more at the start. Use baby powder on the legs as it is sticking to your thighs. Experiment with taking your stance out 1-2 inches on each side. Explode with the legs, feet through the floor, dont lift with the arms.

Semper Fi

Quote Originally Posted by elitepler View Post
    thats it chris, and thats strange because conv I am the exact opposite. I guess i should do some rack work from right below the knees?

Yeah, I was thinking some accessory work for your lockout and you will blow up your sumo!

Try some band work as well. Heavy band work, not light. Use some high resistance bands and go as heavy with the barbell weight as you can and you will really work that lockout. The bands can help you exactly where you need it. I would suggest 3 weeks of band work and then resume sumo for 4-6 weeks alternating band work with the sumo. You will be pulling high 600s in no time!

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

thanks Brent and Chris, all that will start Friday.