Thread: worcestershire & red vinegar + other additions.

Hybrid View

worcestershire & red vinegar + other additions.

I have a question, I pretty much suck in the kitchen. My chicken breasts are lame, steaks suck, brown rice sucks, everything I make sucks but my personality says down the **** anyways.

I see a lot of you guys don't suck, and it sounds like you guys really enjoy the stuff you cook, so I would like to employ some of the things I read most often in this section and that's obviously the worcestershire sauce. I just bought it, plus red vinegar, and I was wondering if marinating my breasts with both of these was a good idea.

Usually I make anything in salt & pepper and call it a day, what other stirups do you guys do to make them taste restaurantlike? Can I just marinate my chicken for a few hours with this since I'm eager to try this today but haven't thawed out the chicken.
    Overcome.

I like to do a concoction of italian dressing, soy sauce and sometimes worcestershire. Italian dressing is really just vinegar and oil with seasoning in it, so if you want to substitute the red wine vinegar, give it a shot.

Trial and error is the best way to learn. The more experience you get experimenting with food, the better your instincts get and after a while, you get good at predicting what certain ingredients will do in combination.
    'In order to alter the inertial mass of weights, you must become one with them, like a machine, the totality of your motion is as one'

Thanks for the reply man, I'm beginning to think I really screwed up my chicken preparation last night. I drowned it in worcester , I'm telling you I really suck in the kitchen. I put a whole lot of cester with italian and a tbsp of soy. We'll see how nasty this gets.
    Overcome.

Oh, I should have mentioned that worcestershire is strong. LOL sorry.
    When I make my marinade, I usually use a bottle of italian, quarter to a half cup of soy sauce, and if I add worcestershire, I only put maybe a tablespoon.

If you don't use italian dressing, you can just use that red wine vinegar you had with some olive oil and some seasoning of your choice, like onion salt/powder, garlic salt/powder, basil, oregeno, thyme, and a dash of pepper
    'In order to alter the inertial mass of weights, you must become one with them, like a machine, the totality of your motion is as one'

Quote Originally Posted by zen View Post
    Oh, I should have mentioned that worcestershire is strong. LOL sorry.
    When I make my marinade, I usually use a bottle of italian, quarter to a half cup of soy sauce, and if I add worcestershire, I only put maybe a tablespoon.

If you don't use italian dressing, you can just use that red wine vinegar you had with some olive oil and some seasoning of your choice, like onion salt/powder, garlic salt/powder, basil, oregeno, thyme, and a dash of pepper
    A whole bottle?! Jesus!

I hope it's not that bad lol.

So when I take it out of the marinade I just dump it on the skillet and finished?

Do they sell garlic without having to dice em up?
    Last edited by mistergalarza; 05-06-2008 at 09:05 AM.
    Overcome.

Quote Originally Posted by mistergalarza View Post
    Do they sell garlic without having to dice em up?
    Yes. Check the spice aisle at the grocery store.

I'm not a huge fan of store-bought marinades, but I have found that the Emeril ones are okay. At my store they go on sale once a month or two and I stock up. My favorite is the Lemon, Rosemary & Garlic one.

When I get my crap out of storage, I'll post up my Mom's steak marinade. It's oh, so tasty.
    There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
    Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left.
    Are you eating while you are reading this? You should be... --hrdgain81
    Remember, kids, if you type well the Grammar Fairy will leave a quarter under your pillow. The Blue Book of Grammar and Punctuation

Well, the Blog's (finally) back (again!): Love and Hope and Sex and Dreams Feel free to stop by and comment.
    Here is my newly-created World of Warcraft Blog: BG's WoW Blog. Once again, feel free to stop by and comment.

I use that much because I usually buy a pack or two of chicken breasts and marinate them all at the same time. Then I grill them all up a day later and freeze most of them.

yep, zen's method is pretty solid. It works for pork too.

a really awesome meal is meat in this marinade used for kabobs. red onion, peppers, yellow squash and button mushrooms. classy stuff.