The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Its no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Wannabebig Member

rotator cuff how long before yours got better?

I no it's going to be different for everyone but how long should I expect before it feels normal again considering I'm resting it, doing some rehabilitation exercises and taking anti-inflammatory's.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabus View Post
    I no it's going to be different for everyone but how long should I expect before it feels normal again considering I'm resting it, doing some rehabilitation exercises and taking anti-inflammatory's.
    Ahhhhh, what's wrong with it?
    Quote Originally Posted by RhodeHouse View Post
    "Any man under 200lbs is a woman." -Matt Rhodes

Wannabebig Member
    doc said it was a chronic inflammation of something something. Basically I kept lifting heavy till it hurt too much too even lift my arms up not clever I know. He's put me on some anti-inflammatory's and told me too come back in a month for some steroid injections into my shoulder if it's not better which I'm not looking forward too. It's killing me not going too the gym I just wanna know how long before I can get my ass back in the gym!

Wannabebig Member
    I pulled something seriously bad on my left rotator cuff last yr while doing Stabilization Pushups off of hanging chains and my feet were elevated about 2 feet off the ground. On one of the times i came down for a repetition of the push up, my body shifted to the side and just put such a strong strain on it. I didnt really feel it that much that day, But i would say i was out of the gym for at least a month n half to 2 months try to recover and doing arm rotation stretches to ease the pain...

Every shoulder injury does not involve the rotator cuff.

Depends. If it's just an inflamed ligament, just keep doing the rehab exercises you've been prescribed and don't do anything that hurts it. If you can still do squats/deadlifts/core/leg work just do that for the time being. It sucks but it's better than nothing.
    "Fine, if I'm not allowed to light it on fire, can my imaginary friend?"

romantic relations w/bacon Indifference's Avatar
    I had and inflamed biceps tendon in my left shoulder for the better part of 10 months. I did physical therapy and anti-inflammmatorys and the whole nine. Like you I kept pushing it when it hurt and eventually it was constantly in pain. You need to learn what it is that aggrivates it and STOP IT until it doesnt hurt anymore, and then wait a little longer. I completely cut out what causes me pain (except for squats). It took about 3months to completely clear up from when I started rehab and stopped pushing it hard. However I still feel it all the time so I just learn what not to do to keep it as relatively pain free as I can.
    Oly Lifting + Some PL

#'s will be up when I know them

Not to sound like Captain Obvious, but the speed of your recovery will depend on the severity of your injury. I had what my doc called a "grade I" tear about 5 years ago. I tried to get back into shoulder exercises a bit too early and paid the price. It really didn't feel back to 100% normal for about 6 months. The key is indeed rest for the time being. Once you do get back into the gym and things are feeling better, throw some cuff-specific exercises into your regular routine.
    I know you're half-crazy, but I wish you'd go all the way.

"Razorcut, as usual, is 100% correct." --- ectx

"It is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science. --- Charles Darwin