The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

I just had a very odd experience....

So me and this girl (yeah, it's one of those) are in class together and I'm kind of a smartass and she's pretty sarcastic and so we've sort of been flirting all semester. Now, she has a boyfriend, and I recently started seeing someone, and tonight this girl got very drunk and admitted that she had the hots for me and tried to put the moves on me. She's been having trouble with her boyfriend and I didn't reciprocate at all, and she got pretty upset. Now I feel awkward.. I didn't mean to lead her on but I guess I sort of did... I dunno.
    23 y/o, 170 lbs

Do you understand that the second you
    look in the mirror and you're happy with
    what you see, baby, you just
    lost the battle!

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

your not married and haven't been with the new girl to long then have your fun
    January 07-164 pounds
    *Bulking*
    Deccember 07 - 225 pounds

June 08 - 205
    *Currently Cutting*
    Goal-190

November 08-238 pounds
    *Bulking till January 1st*

WBB's Juggernaut/Liason BigCorey75's Avatar
    The only place where you can mix Alcohol and Live Ammunition and its called a "Family Outing", Texas
    hit that ****
    Why live if one can not Deadlift?- John Paul Sigmasson

Accept that which is useful and reject what is not- Bruce Lee

Reason and Logic trump religion- Me

Restriction of education, Censorship of knowledge, and Proliferation of religion helps keep the masses tamed- Me

"Money does not fix everything, Smart fixes everything"

So what are you asking? If you really like the girl you're with now then you did the right thing. If not then hit it. Basically decide what you want.
    Current Maxes: (May 2009)
    Bench: 275 | Squat: 355 | Clean: 240 | Deadlift: 455 | Body Weight-205lbs
    "When you know Squat about lifting, you know the important part."

Wannabebig New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigCorey75 View Post
    hit that ****
    You guys no longer need my chick advice . Corey has the knowledge . He is the master now .
    Give me your broken , give me your beaten ... I will build them up , I will lead them ... to the threshhold . Make you stronger , make you believe .

the sad truth is until your married and even then sometimes, your girl will be un faithful to you so might as well level the playing field. but some do get lucky and find that one good girl, I finally did.
    Last edited by left hook; 05-08-2008 at 11:23 PM.
    January 07-164 pounds
    *Bulking*
    Deccember 07 - 225 pounds

June 08 - 205
    *Currently Cutting*
    Goal-190

November 08-238 pounds
    *Bulking till January 1st*

No the girl I am with is amazing I really do like her a lot. Mostly it was just awkward cause this other girl is my friend and I think she thought I liked her as well, and.. I don't, I'm just generally a flirt type of person I guess.
    23 y/o, 170 lbs

lost the battle!

Quote Originally Posted by left hook View Post
    the sad truth is until your married and even then sometimes, your girl will be un faithful to you so might as well level the playing field. but some do get lucky and find that one good girl, I finally did.
    lol keep your girl feeling secure and you wont have that problem. Better yet get a strong woman not a girl that has no self esteem problems or insecurities and youll be good to go
    Blocka Blocka

I am AMINAL

She was drunk, she'll most likely barely remember what she said. No reason to feel weird about it.
    Best lifts: 615/475/660, Raw w/ Wraps
    http://www.youtube.com/user/invain622002

Quote Originally Posted by Invain View Post
    She was drunk, she'll most likely barely remember what she said. No reason to feel weird about it.
    and you can always play the "Man I was wasted" card if she brings it up.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin

Tell her a goat kicked you in the srotum when you were 14 and you've been impotent ever since. It's not that you don't like her, it's just that you feel immasculated whenever you get physical with a woman.

This is why relationships are for idiots.
    If one person can do something, anyone can learn to do it.
    Do what you've always done and get what you've always gotten.
    There is no failure, only feedback.

"Journey of 1000 miles starts with a single step".--Lao Tzu

Pro-Choice...ON EVERYTHING.

Quote Originally Posted by VikingWarlord View Post
    Or something bitterly resented by some people who can never seem to get one.?

Is that a question or a statement?
    Last edited by Fuzzy; 05-09-2008 at 10:15 AM.
    Being a strong teenager means nothing.

My wrists hurt, but some people don't have wrists to be sore. My knees have tendinitis, but some people don't have legs to get tendinitis in. I seem to be going backwards with training, yet some people can't even walk let alone lift 400 pounds on a daily basis.

Dust out the vagina, and keep on lifting.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post

Rofl.

You're too young to get it. One day you'll realize that being single is the best way to go.

I was at a wedding reception this evening surrounded by top shelf booty. Unfortunately, since my sister was driving my drunk ass, she made me leave early but I was really close to railing a girl in a closet. I have to remember to set her car on fire later for that cockblock.

It's hard to get that kind of thing from a long term relationship.

You're too young to get it. One day you'll realize that being single is the best way to go.

I was at a wedding reception this evening surrounded by top shelf booty. Unfortunately, since my sister was driving my drunk ass, she made me leave early but I was really close to railing a girl in a closet. I have to remember to set her car on fire later for that cockblock.

It's hard to get that kind of thing from a long term relationship.
    I guess I am young, but going by my little experience in this world I think you are just resentful about alot of things. But hey, you are someone over the net. I dont know you or your situation.
    Being a strong teenager means nothing.

My wrists hurt, but some people don't have wrists to be sore. My knees have tendinitis, but some people don't have legs to get tendinitis in. I seem to be going backwards with training, yet some people can't even walk let alone lift 400 pounds on a daily basis.

Dust out the vagina, and keep on lifting.

I guess I am young, but going by my little experience in this world I think you are just resentful about alot of things. But hey, you are someone over the net. I dont know you or your situation.
    Deal with enough women that want to control your life, you have an appreciation for the other side of the coin. Freedom has its benefits.

still dislikes Art Atwood Hatred's Avatar
    +1 HERE.
    Out of the night that covers me,Black as the Pit from pole to pole,I thank whatever gods may be for my unconquerable soul. In The fell clutch of circumstance I have not winced nor cried aloud. Under the bludgeonings of chance my head is bloody, but unbowed. Beyond this place of wrath and tears looms but the horror of the shade And yet the menace of the years finds, and shall find, me unafraid. It matters not how strait the gate how charged with punishments the scroll,I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul.
    Twitter: @joshuagbsn Follow me as I laugh at the world, and you.

So...almost everyone who ever lived is an idiot?
    "You shall invite to the path of your Lord with wisdom and kind enlightenment, and debate with them in the best possible manner. Your Lord knows best who has strayed from His path, and He knows best who are the guided ones."- Quran 16:25

"A life unexamined is not worth living"- Socrates

Threads like this always go the same way. Some guy posts about some chick he does or doesn't like (the difference being immaterial to those who respond). Then everyone responds with inane, heavily stereotyped macho bull***** like 'Bro! Stop being a fag and screw the bitch!' It's funny in a self depricating sort of way, a bit like pro wrestling, but we must not for a minute start to take this sort of chatter seriously.
    The original poster most likely wrote this out of nothing more than boredom, as opposed to a genuine concern for the status of his relationship to this ho bag.
    Anyway, my more informed and mature advice would be just stick it to this broad and stfu already!!

No actually I wrote it because it genuinely weirded me out. I've never been in that kind of situation where a girl I wasn't interested in tried to come on to me.

It's actually beginning to get annoying. She's in my group of friends and we went out again last night and she got drunk and the same thing happened, she was essentially hanging off me the whole night. Apparently me saying, 'Knock it off, I have a girlfriend/you have a boyfriend' isn't a clear enough message.
    23 y/o, 170 lbs

lost the battle!

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
    Threads like this always go the same way. Some guy posts about some chick he does or doesn't like (the difference being immaterial to those who respond). Then everyone responds with inane, heavily stereotyped macho bull***** like 'Bro! Stop being a fag and screw the bitch!' It's funny in a self depricating sort of way, a bit like pro wrestling, but we must not for a minute start to take this sort of chatter seriously.
    Haha! Funny because it's true. I love reading these threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Altephor View Post
    this girl got very drunk and admitted that she had the hots for me and tried to put the moves on me. She's been having trouble with her boyfriend and I didn't reciprocate at all, and she got pretty upset.
    happens all the time when genders are reversed, and guess what? You're a badguy when you do it (get drunk and hit on a chick who throws up the stop sign). So forget about it. Don't feel ackward. If you didn't wanna tap that, so be it.
    Last edited by zen; 05-09-2008 at 11:33 AM.
    'In order to alter the inertial mass of weights, you must become one with them, like a machine, the totality of your motion is as one'

If she ever says anything you tell her instead of being a selfish brat that she should be gratefull for you not taking advtange of her. Plus you said you have a girlfriend right now anyways its not like your misisng out on anything she cant give. So.. straight to the point, to hell with her.

Yeah I guess I've just been kind of surprised lately I've been seeing a lot of female attention and it's just a little strange to me because I don't normally consider myself to be a very attractive guy (though you might not know it from my ego).
    23 y/o, 170 lbs

lost the battle!