The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Its no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Thread: 450 New PR

450 New PR

Had another training session with Wolfy again Today. I got 450 pounds which is a new pr for me. The weight felt heavy going down, but it went up pretty fast.
    Thank You again Mike. 450 was my goal for Wolfy's meet in November. Looks like I have to raise that goal to 475+ ...
    I would also like to thank Jason for letting me try his double rage-x. I think I need at least 500 on the bar for me to touch on that shirt. Actually, I think he should thank me for stretching that shirt for him. You're welcome Jason!!
    See you guys next time.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Great job!

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Quote Originally Posted by chris mason View Post
    Great job!

Thanks Chris.. I'm really learning a lot from Mike and Jason.

Banned
    ya good job, if you gain another 20, maybe youll add another 40 to your bench

Quote Originally Posted by smokinHawk View Post
    ya good job, if you gain another 20, maybe youll add another 40 to your bench
    Nah.. I'm gonna' maintain my weight to around 190's .. I'll ask our bodybuilding buddy for more diet tips.. Weighed in at 195 this morning.
    I hope Mike and Jason can figure out your shirt soon. Gain 10 more pounds and be in the 181 weight class.

jay, you did a great job on the 450..... couldnt have been any better.. congrats..the rage x is definately powerful shirt but you did a good job in it for your first time.. and yes THANK YOU for stretching it out a little bit.... jay i do have one tip for you and smokinhawk, DONT OVER TRAIN !!!!!!! when you get done with a shirt workout, you dont need to hit heavy board presses or anything, just hit some direct tricep stuff and call it quits.. you may not feel like your over doing but you are.. was glad to see you guys could stay for a while on sat.. be safe and stay strong my friends..

nice! jay and mike are two awesome guys. i wish they weren't so far away from me!
    23 years old
    6'3, 308 lbs

825 Squat
    470 Bench
    645 Deadlift
    1905 total
    www.atlargenutrition.com

[QUOTE=pocoloco blanka;1972035]jay, you did a great job on the 450..... couldnt have been any better.. congrats..the rage x is definately powerful shirt but you did a good job in it for your first time.. and yes THANK YOU for stretching it out a little bit.... jay i do have one tip for you and smokinhawk, DONT OVER TRAIN !!!!!!! when you get done with a shirt workout, you dont need to hit heavy board presses or anything, just hit some direct tricep stuff and call it quits.. you may not feel like your over doing but you are.. was glad to see you guys could stay for a while on sat.. be safe and stay strong my friends..[/QUOTE

Normally we only do board presses when we're not working out with you guys. We don't train with our shirts in our gym. Before my buddy Franks gym caught on fire. I was training with him on Sundays. We also did Westside's workout. Only did shirt work about six weeks out from a meet. We did a lot of board presses raw.
    By the way. My wife thought I got into a fight yesterday. She didn't like the bruises your rage-x gave me. My eyes are still pretty blood shot. Oh well.. She'll get over it.

thats funny jay.. she may not let you come up no more .. we will have to take it easier on you next time..lol

Jay,

That 450 was a joke I honest think you had more in the tank. Maybe I should just take up coaching I cant seem to get it right my self but can hammer it home on other peeps

Yeah you had some really good battle wounds yesterday, next time we'll stay out of Jason's shirt and just work in yours. I think you got close to 500 in ya with some good work.

Let mek now if you all are coming this weekend or not. And thanks for the spots at the lift a thon. The 500 for 6 reps made me happy, they felt smooth should of kept going. Jason said he got a few calls from people wanting to know who the High School kid was that benched a 1000 pounds up there. Hahahaha rumors crack me up

Wolfy!!!
    MONSTER MODE

If I can hit a pr everytime we come up there. 500 won't be too far away. November?? I agree about staying out of Jason's shirt. He's gonna' have to break that in himself.
    I don't know why you stopped after the 6th rep on the 500. I think you had at least 3 or 4 left. Must have been the cheerleaders lifting before you.
    We'll let you know if we're coming up next Saturday. I have to find out if the wife is working or not.
    How long do you think 'till my eyes go back to it's normal color... The bruises on my arms probably won't go away for a while. It looks pretty bad.

Quote Originally Posted by JayM181 View Post
    If I can hit a pr everytime we come up there. 500 won't be too far away. November?? I agree about staying out of Jason's shirt. He's gonna' have to break that in himself.
    I don't know why you stopped after the 6th rep on the 500. I think you had at least 3 or 4 left. Must have been the cheerleaders lifting before you.
    We'll let you know if we're coming up next Saturday. I have to find out if the wife is working or not.
    How long do you think 'till my eyes go back to it's normal color... The bruises on my arms probably won't go away for a while. It looks pretty bad.
    hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbadwolfe View Post
    Let mek now if you all are coming this weekend or not. And thanks for the spots at the lift a thon. The 500 for 6 reps made me happy, they felt smooth should of kept going. Jason said he got a few calls from people wanting to know who the High School kid was that benched a 1000 pounds up there. Hahahaha rumors crack me up

Wolfy!!!
    you should have told them it was a senior from st. mary's showing the celina boys how its done, that will get them.

Quote Originally Posted by pocoloco blanka View Post
    jay, you did a great job on the 450..... couldnt have been any better.. congrats..the rage x is definately powerful shirt but you did a good job in it for your first time.. and yes THANK YOU for stretching it out a little bit.... jay i do have one tip for you and smokinhawk, DONT OVER TRAIN !!!!!!! when you get done with a shirt workout, you dont need to hit heavy board presses or anything, just hit some direct tricep stuff and call it quits.. you may not feel like your over doing but you are.. was glad to see you guys could stay for a while on sat.. be safe and stay strong my friends..
    ya i usually know my limit were to stop for over training, i was just tring to get some more triceps work with board presses, afterwards i wasnt feeling anything in the chest, but man, my triceps are still sore which is what i like, as i hit more of my chest on tuesdays and try to hit my triceps more on saturdays

NASA KY CHAIRMAN NASAKYCHAIRMAN's Avatar
    Had another training session with Wolfy again Today. I got 450 pounds which is a new pr for me. The weight felt heavy going down, but it went up pretty fast.
    Thank You again Mike. 450 was my goal for Wolfy's meet in November. Looks like I have to raise that goal to 475+ ...
    I would also like to thank Jason for letting me try his double rage-x. I think I need at least 500 on the bar for me to touch on that shirt. Actually, I think he should thank me for stretching that shirt for him. You're welcome Jason!!
    See you guys next time.
    Congratulations on the bp pr

TRAIN HARD

"BIG WILLIE" J.T. HALL
    GOT MAXIMUM MASS STACK?

Thanks J.T. ... I'm just now getting used to my new weight class ( 198 ).. Hope to see you in Lancaster in September.

Banned
    Nice work Jay!

you should have told them it was a senior from st. mary's showing the celina boys how its done, that will get them.

ya i usually know my limit were to stop for over training, i was just tring to get some more triceps work with board presses, afterwards i wasnt feeling anything in the chest, but man, my triceps are still sore which is what i like, as i hit more of my chest on tuesdays and try to hit my triceps more on saturdays
    you shouldnt be feeling anything in your chest anyway. when we tell you to bring your elbows in close(tuck) this is putting most of the stress on your shoulders. you are using mostly triceps in this form of benching.. from what i see of your raw benching you are definately using your chest..some people are just stronger as a raw chest benchers,and other people are good in shirts. look at nick winters, strong as anybody raw but just cant get the way he wants in a shirt. i use to do the same thing you are doing now, got as much in as possible. i never really got anywhere,started working my program to the "t" and then big gains started coming. this is just something to think about.like i always say," you have to put all the pieces of the puzzle together to get the desired end result..." being sore isnt always a good thing, exspecially if your going into your next tricep day sore. you need to let that particular muscle heal . just something to think about....

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by pocoloco blanka View Post
    you shouldnt be feeling anything in your chest anyway. when we tell you to bring your elbows in close(tuck) this is putting most of the stress on your shoulders. you are using mostly triceps in this form of benching.. from what i see of your raw benching you are definately using your chest..some people are just stronger as a raw chest benchers,and other people are good in shirts. look at nick winters, strong as anybody raw but just cant get the way he wants in a shirt. i use to do the same thing you are doing now, got as much in as possible. i never really got anywhere,started working my program to the "t" and then big gains started coming. this is just something to think about.like i always say," you have to put all the pieces of the puzzle together to get the desired end result..." being sore isnt always a good thing, exspecially if your going into your next tricep day sore. you need to let that particular muscle heal . just something to think about....
    ya i know all that, main reason why im coming up there is to help me learn the shirt, as i am benching completely different raw then i need to be shirted. Funny how im probably around a raw 390bench and getting close to 405 raw, but am trying to get up 405 in a shirt, sure wish i had any amount of carry over.
    and I always make sure im 100% recovered before hitting that muscle group, usually only hit the muscle group once hard and once light per week, which tuesday is my hard chest, light triceps, and saturday is hard triceps and light chest.

ya i know all that, main reason why im coming up there is to help me learn the shirt, as i am benching completely different raw then i need to be shirted. Funny how im probably around a raw 390bench and getting close to 405 raw, but am trying to get up 405 in a shirt, sure wish i had any amount of carry over.
    and I always make sure im 100% recovered before hitting that muscle group, usually only hit the muscle group once hard and once light per week, which tuesday is my hard chest, light triceps, and saturday is hard triceps and light chest.
    your just using muscles and stabilizers in a shirt that you dont use when you go raw. its like learning all over again.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbadwolfe View Post
    Jay,

That 450 was a joke I honest think you had more in the tank. Maybe I should just take up coaching I cant seem to get it right my self but can hammer it home on other peeps

Yeah you had some really good battle wounds yesterday, next time we'll stay out of Jason's shirt and just work in yours. I think you got close to 500 in ya with some good work.

Wolfy!!!
    Hey Mike.. we're not coming up this saturday. I need an extra week to heal my battle wounds. Seriously, my wife has to work saturday. We should be up there the following saturday if you guys aren't going anywhere.

Hey Mike.. we're not coming up this saturday. I need an extra week to heal my battle wounds. Seriously, my wife has to work saturday. We should be up there the following saturday if you guys aren't going anywhere.

Thats cool!!! Next weekend will work for me.
    MONSTER MODE

Banned
    ok, are you going to hit total fitness still at 9am though, text me tonight to let me know.

you guys should have seen Jay's eye, that thing was blood filled tuesday.

9:00am sounds good Jonathan. Yeah.. eyes are still red. It looks cool though. Makes me look tougher. Wife doesn't think so though.

Wannabebig Member
    great job