Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dana White on EliteXC

Banned

Dana White on EliteXC

Some interesting points...

Video

Wow. I had no idea the guy actually went on an interview with the LA Times LOL. What a tool. adios EliteXC. You're done now.

Serves them right for paying Seth to not take it to the ground.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Superior Athletics - Northeast Ohio's Center for Athlete Training
    *Westside Barbell Certified Gym

Banned
    hahahahahaha owned

good stuff

Elite is a joke of an organization and should be shut down

Banned
    LMAO - I think the whole thing exposed EliteXC for what it really was, a show rather than a sport.

I agree Elite sucked.
    "You can take control of my mind and my body, but there is one thing a Saiyan always keeps.... his PRIDE!"- Vegeta

My Exploits

Banned
    Hopefully next time Dana will say what he really thinks. LoL

"and that rapper, whatever his name is..."

LoL

I agree that EliteXC is a carnival and should go out of business. I don't think they really tried to 'fix' the fight by flat out telling Seth, "keep it standing." But I do think they said "there's a bonus for you if you knock him out," which is true, but also true for UFC events. Fighters get paid extra for big knockouts. Everyone knows fans pay to see sluggers and big KOs. It's a fact.

Regardless, Dana needs to be careful he doesn't fall off his self-righteous soapbox b/c while he's complaining about EliteXC being all about the money, he's running The Ultimate Fighter TV show, which is basically a sideshow money-making machine that gives a bunch of aggressive, immature kids a house full of booze and tells them to go nuts so they can catch it on film.

Yeah but TUF is an awesome show
    "We fight our battles, we wage our wars, we settle the score, with honor and blood" - Atreyu

Dontate to my favorite charity!

I agree. I get a real kick out of it.

Plus its given light to some very top notch fighters. Forrest Griffin, Bisping, BJ Penn and lots more. Not to say they wouldn't have risen to the top without the help of TUF, but its neat to watch the process

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Quote Originally Posted by Travis Bell View Post
    I agree. I get a real kick out of it.

Plus its given light to some very top notch fighters. Forrest Griffin, Bisping, BJ Penn and lots more. Not to say they wouldn't have risen to the top without the help of TUF, but its neat to watch the process
    Did you see that CSI show or variant of it with Forrest on it yesterday? He was killed in the show! I couldn't believe it, because I expected him to start laughing at any moment when he was saying all that serious stuff. Forrest is the man.
    "You can take control of my mind and my body, but there is one thing a Saiyan always keeps.... his PRIDE!"- Vegeta

My Exploits

Quote Originally Posted by Travis Bell View Post
    Wow. I had no idea the guy actually went on an interview with the LA Times LOL. What a tool. adios EliteXC. You're done now.

Serves them right for paying Seth to not take it to the ground.
    Yea I couldn't believe that myself, Dana White said there being investigated as well so lets see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Hatfield View Post
    Did you see that CSI show or variant of it with Forrest on it yesterday? He was killed in the show! I couldn't believe it, because I expected him to start laughing at any moment when he was saying all that serious stuff. Forrest is the man.
    No I didn't, but that'd have been sweet to see Forrest in a show like that. I agree, he's a pretty darn cool dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Hatfield View Post
    I heard Forrest saying he was going to be on the show tired of CSI though.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad08 View Post

LoL

I agree that EliteXC is a carnival and should go out of business. I don't think they really tried to 'fix' the fight by flat out telling Seth, "keep it standing." But I do think they said "there's a bonus for you if you knock him out," which is true, but also true for UFC events. Fighters get paid extra for big knockouts. Everyone knows fans pay to see sluggers and big KOs. It's a fact.

Regardless, Dana needs to be careful he doesn't fall off his self-righteous soapbox b/c while he's complaining about EliteXC being all about the money, he's running The Ultimate Fighter TV show, which is basically a sideshow money-making machine that gives a bunch of aggressive, immature kids a house full of booze and tells them to go nuts so they can catch it on film.
    Not all fans pay for sluggers and big KO's I like to watch all aspects of MMA in a fight. Dana White does not run TUF as a matter of fact he was against the whole TUF show in the beginning I forgot who it was that forced it to happen. He hates reality shows.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by method115 View Post
    Not all fans pay for sluggers and big KO's I like to watch all aspects of MMA in a fight. Dana White does not run TUF as a matter of fact he was against the whole TUF show in the beginning I forgot who it was that forced it to happen. He hates reality shows.
    What? Dana White controls that show. It was the UFC, with Dana White as the president, that convinced Spike to let it happen by agreeing to pay all production cost.

Yeah =Travis= is right. Dana runs TUF. It was/is a huge money maker for the UFC and was more publicity than the UFC had ever gotten before

Yup, now everyone knows the undercard fighters because of the show and guys like Forrest Griffin got wicked popular for being on it.
    "We fight our battles, we wage our wars, we settle the score, with honor and blood" - Atreyu

Dontate to my favorite charity!

Quote Originally Posted by Brad08 View Post

LoL

I think they told him to keep it standing. Rewording it later to sound better.
    I agree with the rest, Dana will never be accused of biting his tongue.
    Remember, to get big, you have to get strong. The two are interconnected. Lift heavy, work hard, and size will come. Like night follows day. It works. Arnold
    Do work son. Big Black (Rob and Big)

Quote Originally Posted by =Travis= View Post
    What? Dana White controls that show. It was the UFC, with Dana White as the president, that convinced Spike to let it happen by agreeing to pay all production cost.
    Dana White is a figure head he does not make all the decisions in the UFC. I've watched the interview were he specifically says he was against the whole idea and hated it. I'm pretty sure he said the fertitties (the ones supplying all the money, the ones really in control) were the ones who insisted on it.

They leave Dana White as the figure head so that all the bad reputation back lashes on him, and anything good also gets rewarded to him.

Quote Originally Posted by bill View Post
    I think they told him to keep it standing. Rewording it later to sound better.
    I agree with the rest, Dana will never be accused of biting his tongue.
    Gary Shaw just did an interview were he said specifically that there was nothing wrong with encouraging a fighter to keep it standing.

Quote Originally Posted by method115 View Post
    Gary Shaw just did an interview were he said specifically that there was nothing wrong with encouraging a fighter to keep it standing.
    Wow real stupid. I guess you can argue that point if you want to. So he should say Seth don't try any of those submissions, oh yeah I'd rather you not kick also. lol
    Remember, to get big, you have to get strong. The two are interconnected. Lift heavy, work hard, and size will come. Like night follows day. It works. Arnold
    Do work son. Big Black (Rob and Big)

Quote Originally Posted by bill View Post
    Wow real stupid. I guess you can argue that point if you want to. So he should say Seth don't try any of those submissions, oh yeah I'd rather you not kick also. lol
    Yea thats one of the reasons dana white was so pissed he was like "Thats ****ing illegal you moron"

Thats also why he went into the whole betting thing. People bet on that fight and probably thought Seth could win easily if he took it to the ground. Anyways all the stuff Dana said he nailed it.

I want to be an mma fighter.

Trying not to die young.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by McLaughlin View Post
    go to maxcondition.com and email Jamie Hale

Quote Originally Posted by McLaughlin View Post
    I'm headed to my first class tomorrow night. I'll be training in the Team Trauma gym with those guys 3 days a week (if I enjoy it tomorrow). Seems like a hell of a workout, who knows I'll post a review in my journal tomorrow night after I get home.
    |A:26 | H:6'5'' | W:198| GW: 215|
    Stats: Start | Current | Goal
    Bench: 135lb |170lb| 225lb
    Squat: 135lb |185lb| 225lb
    Dead: 180 |185lb| 315lb
    OH Press: 85lb |100lb| 150lb
    (all 3 x 5 reps)