Thread: Til August 12th to be in best shape ever

Cut fat in 1/2

Hello all,
    I figure its about time I start a journal. I am planning on making some radical changes this summer and getting in the best shape of my life. I play football on the D3 level and want to come into camp strong and cut. I have from May 14th to August 12th to make all this happen. Not alot of time, but im going to make it happen. I plan on cutting, and then going on a clean bulk. I dont care about weight I care about body fat percentage. Im shooting for 10% body fat the weight is irrelevant. . I'm 5'9" 212 lbs. Im buying calipers soon, but I think im around 17% body fat if not lower. So I have 175lb lbm 37lbs fat. Anyways the goal is to get down to 8.5% body fat, and then start the bulk. To lose the weight I am going to use the calorie formula from the v-diet, but use real food. I came up with 1800 cals workout 1500 cals non workout day. Hopefully, I can lose the 17lbs or so im gonna need to in a little more than 30 days. I plan on eating the same thing every day until the weight is gone

Breakfast
    fish oil,1 cup egg whites, 6 slices turkey bacon
    520cals 68g protein fat 22g carbs 0
    Brunch
    nitrean 2 scoops
    220 cals 48g protein fat 1g carbs<2
    Fiber supplement
    30 cals 0g protein fat 0 carbs 12
    Lunch
    Buffalo 225g
    250 cals 50g protein fat 5g carbs 0
    4th meal
    nitrean 2 scoops
    220 cals 48g protein fat 1g carbs<2
    fiber supplement
    30 cals 0g protein fat 0g carbs 12
    Dinner (late at night)
    Buffalo 225g
    250 cals 50g protein fat 5g carbs 0
    Daily totals
    1520 cals, 264g protein, fat 34g, carbs 24

To add the calories on the workout days I plan on taking Results for an additional 320 cals. We'll see if Results lives up to the hype.

I've been spending my $ on building a home gym lately. Here's what i've bought so far Power Cage, 600lbs weight, 2 Barbells, Black Mamba Straps, Black Mamba Knee Wraps, Dumbell handles, Rubber Flooring Mats, Average Bands, Bench. When I get back home from college I plan on making a trip to Home Dept and making myself some bench boards and a squat box. You can see my max lifts in my signature. As I mentioned before as far as supplements go I plan on taking are results, nitrean, fish oil, ets, creatine & beta alanine (when not taking results). Thats it for now Ill post more once I get back from college may 14th or 15th. Thanks
    Last edited by TKisner; 05-12-2008 at 09:44 PM.

Good to see you've got your diet all ready. Stick with it and you'll hit your goals for sure.
    "Fine, if I'm not allowed to light it on fire, can my imaginary friend?"

Thanks for the kind words. I cant wait to get back home and start to delve into my ALN supps. Currently my aresenal includes 3 nitrean, 1 maximus, 2 results, 2 ets, creapure creatine, fish oil. Hopefully all my weights and food will arrive soon. My last final is tomorrow and then it all starts.

I finished my last final yesterday. Then took the 9 hour drive home. I got back at 11PM. Alot of the equipment I ordered has not shown up yet. Most notably the weigh, barbell, or bench. Nutritionally the bison I ordered and the egg whites are also MIA. I might be doing bodyweight exercises until the weight shows up which is disappointing for sure.
    Last edited by TKisner; 05-15-2008 at 01:59 PM.

5/16
    Seeing as I had no weights. I did alot of bodyweight exercises in my basement. Dips, Push Ups, Pull Ups, Curls (Curl Bar showed up) Squats. Tried results for the first time when I was done. My first impression is that it is insanely sweet. I guess its better to have something sweet instead of something that tastes like ass.
    206.2 wake up weight
    2 Eggs
    Results
    6 servings whey
    4 turkey bacon
    4 tacos (5oz beef)
    Totals Totals 2071cals 80fat 130carbs 205 protein
    I decided to raise the cals. From what i've seen 1500 and 1800 would be risking too much muscle loss

5/17
    My egg whites showed up today which is pretty cool, but not much else happened.
    206.2 w/u lbs
    Totals 2135calories 63fat 178carb 211protein

5/18
    Weight 205.6 after breakfast which isn't too bad.

5/19 Going to go the local gym and get a day pass. Its worth it I want to get a solid workout in.

5/21
    The bison showed up today. I chopped it up cooked 8 ounces of it placed it on lettuce while covering it hot sauce. It tasted amazing. I ended making the same meal right before bed.
    5/22
    Weighed 203.6 this morning so im moving in the right direction. Still waiting on the weights to show up. Id go get a day pass at the gym but they want $15 and I think thats ridiculous.

5/27
    Woke up weighing 202.2. 7 More Pounds to go. I could definetly stand to lose more than the 7 but I can't get below 195 for football. Anyways went to the gym and did a upper body workout. I just tried to do as much as I could in a short time.
    Barbell Bench
    5X225lb
    3X245lb
    3X255lb
    3X265lb
    10X225
    10X185
    10X145
    10X135

Dips
    10repX5 Sets

Close Grip Decline Bench
    3X135lb
    3X135lb
    3X135lb
    3X135lb
    3X135lb

Hammer Curls
    30X3X30lbs
    Reverse Grip Curls
    3X7X60lbs

Bent Over Rows
    10X3X135lvs

I had to get in and out quick because I had to show a guy a car im selling. I took Results Pre-Workout and Nitrean right after.

Hit the gym up today. Did dealifts for the first time in 3 weeks. Forgot to bring my straps which limited me. I know alot of people dont like straps for the sake of forearm development. Well I do deadlifts for my back and legs so I dont care too much. Im doing Thibadeaus forearm workout so they will be fine...especially because they are pretty large already.
    Deadlifts
    5X315
    5X335
    3X355
    3X375
    1X395 callous got ripped off on my left hand, could have done a couple more pretty easily but needed straps.

Straight Leg Deadlifts
    10X3X135lbs

Good Mornings
    10X135
    10X145
    10X155
    10X165
    5X175

I know I shouldnt of done some of this stuff after doing bent over rows yesterday, but I felt fine so I did it. Took Results and a Nitrean shake right after. Im definetly looking better than when I first got home. The weight I lost made me look pretty ****ty. Now when I deadlift I have veins bulging out up and down my arms, it used to just be my forearms now the veins are running up my biceps so thats pretty sweet.

5/30
    201.5 lbs
    Went to my HS to say hi to my coach, and sneak into the weight room. They told me I can workout with the FB team whenever I want which is great. I'll have a spot. Ill run with them so tons of conditioning... On a side note the weight is coming off slower, but I keep looking better so im not caring too much, im definetly making progress. I will get down to 195 though. That was the original goal and thats whats going to happen. I've upped the cals I was just way too concerned about losing LBM. Im doing like 2100 non workout 2400 workout days.
    Todays workout-ME Bench
    Barbell Bench
    225X5
    245X3
    255X3
    265X3
    275X1
    Felt weak as *****. Not very good, but ill get back into the groove of things.

DB Incline
    65lbsX15 each arm (weight room was closing so I just grabbed what was by the incline)
    65lbsX12 each arm

Dips
    10repsX4 sets (body weight)

Chin Ups
    6reps wide grip
    7reps normal grip
    5reps close grip
    6reps normal grip

Thibs bicep program
    Thibs forearm program
    Abs.

Not a bad workout. Need to get back into the groove of benching heavy. It'll come back quick. All in all a solid workout. Going to add assistance to the chin ups so I can get 10-12 for all sets.
    Last edited by TKisner; 05-30-2008 at 10:46 PM.

ME Squat Day
    225X5
    315X3
    385X3
    395X3
    405X2
    315X10
    135X3ATG did the third at the bottom felt and heard something pop....yeah not good.

Lunges
    25lb DB'sX20
    25lb DB'sX20
    25lb DB'sX20

Straight leg deadlifts
    145X12
    145X12

Glute Ham Raises

Abs

I don't know what I hurt while I was squatting. It hurts whenever I you guessed it squat down low. Hopefully it'll fix itself.

Yesterday was a dynamic bench day.
    Barbell Bench
    145X3X3 Close Grip
    145X3X3 Med Grip
    145X3X3 Wide Grip
    Triceps
    Skull Crushers (40lbs)
    10repsX5
    Dips
    20repsX5
    Had to do these off of a bench. The gym I went to today was pretty nice and it was very suprising/dissapointing that they didn't have a dip station.
    Back
    6repsX5 Chin ups
    Forearms
    Reverse Grips Curls (50lbs)
    8 repsX5
    Thors Hammer
    6eachX5
    Ulnar Flexion
    12eachX5
    Biceps
    DB Hammer Curl (25lbs)
    8EX5
    Barbell Curls(50lbs)
    8X5

Im still weighing about 202lbs, but measuring by the mirror I am definetly doing well. My love handles keep getting smaller and my arms are looking the biggest they ever have. I think all the forearm, tricep, bicep work is gonna really cause them to blow up. In the three or so years i've worked out I never worked out my biceps directly until the last two months or so. They just got a bunch of indirect work from deadlifts etc. Im gonna measure them next chance I get and see where im at.

At the gym I was really suprised to see that they had foam rollers. I just bought one and am waiting for it to be shipped to me. I figure I'd try it out and see what it was like. Due to years of football and heavy leg work I figure my legs would need the most work so I did my hamstrings. At first I didn't think I was doing it right, but the longer I did it the better I got at finding the knots etc. and it definetly felt good. I cant wait til my roller shows up in the mail.

On the nutrition front I definetly regret how i've been eating these last couple of years. I was probably getting 100grams of protein a day, if that. I got strong, but I would be so much stronger/bigger if I ate right. O well whats in the past is in the past.

Wednesday is a hang clean workout. Haven't done cleans in three weeks. Should be alot of fun
    Last edited by TKisner; 06-04-2008 at 04:37 PM.

Well like I said yesterday today was a hang clean workout. I haven't done cleans in close to three weeks so I expected this to be pretty interesting. FYI I was sipping my results during the workout.
    Hang Clean
    185x5
    205x3
    added straps
    215x3
    225x3
    235x6
    I had only planned to do 3 reps at 90% of my max which would have been considerably less than 235 considering the best I had ever done was 230 for 3, but they weight was going up really easy so I figured lets see what I can do. This was the first time I used my new APT black mamba's. At first I didn't like them. They felt different than my old cheap straps, but you cant argue with the results

Dips
    10X5
    Skull Crushers 40lbs
    12X4
    I know im doing alot of tricep work. Im giving waterbury's tricep program a try. Hopefully I can add some mass, and really improve my lockout.

Bent Rows
    135X10X3

Reverge Grip Curls
    60lbs 8x3
    Barbell Curls
    60 4x3

Bridges
    Negative Sit-ups
    Hand Slide crunches

I cut the workout short today. I still had some forearm/bicep stuff to do, but I was shot from the hang clean. I had been there for an hour and a half about and I usually dont workout that long. Especially on what was pretty much an empty stomach.

I took some measuremnents when I got home just to see where im at.
    Waist 35"
    Forearms 13"
    Biceps 16.5"
    Thats all I did.
    Last edited by TKisner; 06-04-2008 at 07:03 PM.