Thread: Bulking Need Help!

Bulking Need Help!

Ok I've been really focusing on getting big for the last 3 weeks. 2 weeks ago i started using nitro tech which during that time i've seen some decent results. I put on about 7 pounds in the last 2 weeks. From my understanding of bulking its to gain muscle mass from eating alot and lifting heavy. I'm doing that, my diet isn't terrible mostly protein, a couple protein shakes a day and alot of eggs along with carbs here and there and veggies. I also started using celltech which i heard will retain water weight. Im more concered that the pounds i put on is from fat and not muscle. sure im getting alot stronger in the weight room but i'm not seeing any phsical differences other than a bigger belly from the bloating or from fat i do not know. can anybody give me advice on how to determine weather or not all my weight is from water, fat or muscle. is the only way to tell to take a body fat test? I would appeciate any help.
    MAX BENCH:275lbs. (11/2008)
    MAX SQUAT machine:420lbs. (4/2005)
    MAX SQUAT free weight: 385lbsx2. (1/2009)
    MAX DEAD LIFT hex bar: 465lbs. (1/2006)
    MAX DEAD LIFT straight bar: 455. (10/2009)
    total: 1115
    CURRENT WEIGHT:240. (10/2009)
    HEIGHT: 6'2

The best way to get big is to eat big, lift big and LIVE BIG.

The easiest way to monitor body fat is to see how your pants feel. If you have to go a looser notch on the belt, it's fat. If you have to go to a tighter notch to keep your pants up, you're probably losing fat.

And remember, no matter how many fancy supplements you take, you won't bulk if your diet isn't conducive to it. And make sure you squat a lot.

well actually my pants have been getting pretty tight on my and I can clearly see that my stomach is getting bigger as the day goes on. however when I wakeup im thinner than I was the ay before I just weigh more. also my arms have been thining out and getting smaller yet more tone is that due to fat loss and will I still be able to increase my stength with smaller arms?

Bodybuilding Mythbuster
    Quote Originally Posted by MattBag View Post
    well actually my pants have been getting pretty tight on my and I can clearly see that my stomach is getting bigger as the day goes on. however when I wakeup im thinner than I was the ay before I just weigh more. also my arms have been thining out and getting smaller yet more tone is that due to fat loss and will I still be able to increase my stength with smaller arms?

(reply is to the bolded part]

First of all that is impossible. You can not lose enough weight in a day to look noticably thinner less than 12 hours later (unless we're talking liposuction). And the stomach does not grow enough in a day to be noticed. That's distention from food and water not growth.

As for the rest of your post, smaller arms do not necessarily equate a loss in strength. As your chest and back and legs get bigger and stronger, so will your arms. Just keep eating and lifting heavy (on a solid routine) and make sure you get plenty of rest. It really is as simple as that.
    Last edited by Songsangnim; 05-18-2008 at 09:32 PM.

well like with me I might have lets just say a burger for example; after I eat that with maybe a couple glasses of water my stomach fills up quickly after a couple more meals in th day and maybe a protein shake before my my stomach is huge and look like crap. but in the morning I look good again I just find myself weighing more any where from a pound to two pounds heavier than the day before is that all due to water retension?

Bodybuilding Mythbuster
    Quote Originally Posted by MattBag View Post
    well like with me I might have lets just say a burger for example; after I eat that with maybe a couple glasses of water my stomach fills up quickly after a couple more meals in th day and maybe a protein shake before my my stomach is huge and look like crap.

Yes, this is what I said. Your stomach only looks huge, because of all the food and water in it.

but in the morning I look good again I just find myself weighing more any where from a pound to two pounds heavier than the day before is that all due to water retension?
    Could be. One way to tell is to weight yourself every week at the same time AFTER going to the bathroom, but BEFORE eating breakfast. (If you weight yourself every day you may get sidetracked by fluctuations in water retention)
    Last edited by Songsangnim; 05-19-2008 at 12:46 AM.

Ohhh ok my bad, misunderstanding at first i thought you were saying it was impossible for ones stomach to change right away even though I'm sure most peoples do after eating. But yea in a couple more weeks I'm gonna hop off celltech, and from what i hear i might slim down a bit once im off it, if that is holding water in me. If not well then its all fat. But my work outs are pretty solid and my diet is full of protein and the essential vitamins or so i believe... Thanks for the quick bits of info... Oh I also heard that for every one carb gram you take in that equals 5ml of water? any body heard that?

hopper wins!
    How bout you post up your routine?

MY routine is posted hopper if you wanna take a look at it.