Thread: Champions League Final 2008!!!

Champions League Final 2008!!!

Man. U. Vs. Chelsea in less than an hour!!

-First all english champions league final ever!
    -First trip for Chelsea to the final.

Gotta get goin...game starts soon!

Who y'all think is gonna win??

I'm goin with Chelsea, in a 3-2 win. Drogba 2 goals, Lampard 1. **** Man U.

Peace!
    Last edited by Spiderman; 05-21-2008 at 11:38 AM.

"Success is never behind you, it is always, always in front of you."

Go Arsenal!

Ooops. Not this year.
    There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
    Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left.
    Are you eating while you are reading this? You should be... --hrdgain81
    Remember, kids, if you type well the Grammar Fairy will leave a quarter under your pillow. The Blue Book of Grammar and Punctuation

Well, the Blog's (finally) back (again!): Love and Hope and Sex and Dreams Feel free to stop by and comment.
    Here is my newly-created World of Warcraft Blog: BG's WoW Blog. Once again, feel free to stop by and comment.

Ronaldo scores. 1 - nil Man U.

EDIT:

Lampart scores! 1 - 1 Halftime
    Last edited by BG5150; 05-21-2008 at 01:44 PM.
    There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
    Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left.
    Are you eating while you are reading this? You should be... --hrdgain81
    Remember, kids, if you type well the Grammar Fairy will leave a quarter under your pillow. The Blue Book of Grammar and Punctuation

Well, the Blog's (finally) back (again!): Love and Hope and Sex and Dreams Feel free to stop by and comment.
    Here is my newly-created World of Warcraft Blog: BG's WoW Blog. Once again, feel free to stop by and comment.

Man U took it....

Didn't manage to watch it, but pleased... Man U are definitely the best team in the premiership at the moment. To win both the premiership and the champions league - that's some achievement.
    http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_black.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Hypertrophy Cluster Training - HCT-12 - If you want big gains in size and strength, huge decreases in body fat, or both - check out HCT-12.

Can I have some lean muscle & strength please? My Training Journal

John Terry is surely the biggest choker in sporting history.

John Terry is a hero...he still has my respect as a loyal fan.He played brilliantly throughout the match..he kept Chelsea in it..His clearance off the line was amazing..So what if he missed..Hes a defender..Somebody had to hit it.Drogba showed his lack of maturity by being sent off.Somebody had to take that penalty.He didnt back down.Hes a fantastic captain and i hope he takes this defeat on the chin and keeps moving on.It sickens me that we lost,we really turned things round in the second half.Im absolutely gutted
    It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am.

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy06 View Post
    John Terry is a hero...he still has my respect as a loyal fan.He played brilliantly throughout the match..he kept Chelsea in it..His clearance off the line was amazing..So what if he missed..Hes a defender..Somebody had to hit it.Drogba showed his lack of maturity by being sent off.Somebody had to take that penalty.He didnt back down.Hes a fantastic captain and i hope he takes this defeat on the chin and keeps moving on.It sickens me that we lost,we really turned things round in the second half.Im absolutely gutted
    I'm with you 100% bro. I really wish they would've won. They were primed to take it after Cech easily took care of that crap pk by Ronaldo. Oh well, next year will be here soon.

I just wish they were televising the Euro Cup over here in the states, I don't think it'll be on at all.

"Success is never behind you, it is always, always in front of you."

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post
    I'm with you 100% bro. I really wish they would've won. They were primed to take it after Cech easily took care of that crap pk by Ronaldo. Oh well, next year will be here soon.

I just wish they were televising the Euro Cup over here in the states, I don't think it'll be on at all.
    Sure it will. You get ESPN right? Even with lousy Canadian television, I haven't had to miss a single game from the Euro or World Cup in the past 15 years. It doesn't matter where you are in the world, some network will carry all the games.

It'll be hard to watch this year without getting nightmares of Crotia scoring that third goal and knocking England out... Hell, I think most fans can agree that it isn't quite the same without England at a major tourney, and I'm not just saying that because I'm from England. I honestly believe that England could beat any one in the world on a given day. It's too bad that had such a ****ty qualifying campaign... Having the best teams in the world at a tournament makes for better overall quality. I felt the same when the Netherlands missed out several years ago.

Anyways, the Champions League final was pretty entertaining. I didn't think I'd be able to enjoy it after Liverpool lost in the semis. What a heartbreaker. As an Englishman, I feel for John Terry, but as a Liverpool fan, I was delighted to see him miss thanks to that cheap shot on Torres in the first leg of the semis. I can't say it makes me happy to see Man United win, but they were the better team on the day, and the lesser of two evils as far as I'm concerned (although I absolutely cannot stand Ronaldo--let him go to Real Madrid if he wants to so badly).
    Last edited by Tofer; 05-24-2008 at 12:17 AM.

That Liverpool chelsea match was quality!!Did you see Babels goal from like 30 yards??
    Terry is a rock!which incident was that tofer?i cant remember it?
    And i have to disagree with you..I think Chelsea were the better team and deserved to win.After Lamps scored the goal they dominated the match to the very end of extra time.The first half was poor for them but in the second half drogba and lampards shots should have sealed it.The amount of decisions that went man utd way was ridiculous,I mean they wernt big decisions but the amount of chelsea corners that were ruled man utd kick outs was unbelievable.And also the throw ins going man utd way was irratating.But i suppose i would say that being a chelsea fan if i could give anything to man utd it would be that they can hold their nerve better than chelsea.We crumbled under pressure.Anelka was a scared man hitting that penalty!
    Hears hoping to win the treble nex year

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post

One of my coworkers if from Russia and a huge Zenit fan. He's trying to book his trip to the game.
    My Journal
    http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=119765

I think this is possibly the all-time best response on WBB. - Jorge Sanchez

"you're an animal eat like one damn it!" - Wikked1

"Now we're finally getting to the chicken or the egg question," I grinned. "Did I eat all that food because my size gives me more of an appetite, or did I get to be this big because I've been forcing myself to eat like this for years?"

From A Body Builder is Born

i knew you were a beast but not that kinda of a beast that eats grown men and children.. lilmase

Drogba was SOOOOOOOO stupid!
    http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_black.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Hypertrophy Cluster Training - HCT-12 - If you want big gains in size and strength, huge decreases in body fat, or both - check out HCT-12.

Can I have some lean muscle & strength please? My Training Journal

Avram Grant has been fired!!
    Bring back Jose!!!!!!!! lol

I know I'm late coming in, but I hate seeing this come down to a shootout.

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy06 View Post
    That Liverpool chelsea match was quality!!Did you see Babels goal from like 30 yards??

I felt so down at that point that I couldn't really even enjoy it. But at least it gave me some hope for the final 4-5 minutes. It was hard to believe that it had even gone in, though. It was so unexpected. Babel is going to be a fantastic player when he improves his control a little more. I can see him playing in the middle with Torres in the future.

Terry is a rock!which incident was that tofer?i cant remember it?

It wasn't a huge deal, but Torres was down in the first leg and Terry gave him an obvious, intentional knee to the ribs.

And i have to disagree with you..I think Chelsea were the better team and deserved to win.After Lamps scored the goal they dominated the match to the very end of extra time.The first half was poor for them but in the second half drogba and lampards shots should have sealed it.The amount of decisions that went man utd way was ridiculous,I mean they wernt big decisions but the amount of chelsea corners that were ruled man utd kick outs was unbelievable.And also the throw ins going man utd way was irratating.But i suppose i would say that being a chelsea fan if i could give anything to man utd it would be that they can hold their nerve better than chelsea.We crumbled under pressure.Anelka was a scared man hitting that penalty!
    Hears hoping to win the treble nex year

Chelsea came on in the second half, but it really should have been 3-0 by that point anyways. Chelsea had a spell in the second half where they were the better team, that's for sure, but extra time was fairly even. United would have had a for sure goal if not for Terry heading it off the line.
    And here's hoping that Liverpool can make some quality signings this summer (Gareth Barry would be a nice start, and David Bentley would also be fantastic) and actually compete for the Premiership title.

As much as I would love to see Mourinho back in the Premiership, I hope it doesn't come at the expense of Jose's I'm on Setanta show hahaha.

Wannabebig Member
    barry's ours!!!!!!! *cries* hopefully he wont leave but what do you reckon???

in my opinion i think its very likely he will be leaving!