Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ME Bench Press Day Tips

Bands will help the lockout problems and chains too
    Best Raw Squatter and Sponsored by the Best AtLarge Nutrition, Titan, and APT.

Wannabebig Member
    Northern Illinois University/Zenzen Barbell
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik 23 View Post
    Usually index on ring sometimes pinky on ring i bench really close well close to me considering i have long arms.LOL!
    use index on the ring always, since you got longer arms, you want your bench stroke shorten as much as possible, i think 3-4 board presses will benefit you big time. change up your grip to either to pinky to ring finger for the board press that should hit your triceps a lot more. i got long arms but i use middle finger on rings always for warmups before i get into the shirt then use index finger. i feel like i got a lot of lockout strength when i go to middle finger on ring then index finger

You are a strong dude, gotta finish your reps though. That's a bad habit that will bite you in the ass in the long run. Your joints might hurt because you don't control the weight on the way down. The elbow pain can be a sign of poor training habits. Hang around here and keep posting video, you'll be even stronger in no time.

Quote Originally Posted by vdizenzo View Post
    You are a strong dude, gotta finish your reps though. That's a bad habit that will bite you in the ass in the long run. Your joints might hurt because you don't control the weight on the way down. The elbow pain can be a sign of poor training habits. Hang around here and keep posting video, you'll be even stronger in no time.
    Thanx for the response vince the kind words mean a lot coming from a lifter like you I read about your journey to 600 lbs raw and that was very inspiring and your lifting videos are also very impressive I will continue to get advice from you guys and post videos up here.I am grateful to have the help and advice that i have received from all of you thanx again

Erik, thanks. What do you do for tricep assistance.

Erik, thanks. What do you do for tricep assistance.
    Hey vince it varies usually i just do triceps pushdowns for about 4 sets of 10-15 reps sometimes ill do close grip bench press and just work up the same as i do for my heavy stuff and work up to a single or double i never really do any highboard bench presses like 3 or 4 boards although i probally should Those tricep extensions hurt my elbows too much so i dont do them anymore i havent done dips in a while either the only other thing i do is tate presses for 4 sets of 10-12 also with like 70 80 pounds but mostly ive just been doing triceps pushdowns after ME day and after DE day. if you have a routine that you usually do or if you could give me a new routine for triceps please let me know i wouldnt mind switching it up.

High boards on heavy day working up to a heavy set of anywhere between 1-5 reps and some light high rep pushdowns at the end of the workout (I don't find pushdowns to be really necessary). On dynamic effort day I find that lying barbell or dumbell extensions are a must. I do 5 sets of 5. These can be brutal on your elbows if you do not practice them full range and with good form. My lockout has improved and I have had no elbow problems since inculding these in my workout. Be aware that these will cause some good muscular pain in your lower tricep right by your elbow. Extensions really stretch the triceps out.

High boards on heavy day working up to a heavy set of anywhere between 1-5 reps and some light high rep pushdowns at the end of the workout (I don't find pushdowns to be really necessary). On dynamic effort day I find that lying barbell or dumbell extensions are a must. I do 5 sets of 5. These can be brutal on your elbows if you do not practice them full range and with good form. My lockout has improved and I have had no elbow problems since inculding these in my workout. Be aware that these will cause some good muscular pain in your lower tricep right by your elbow. Extensions really stretch the triceps out.
    Hi VDizenzo Thanx for the response i took your advice i did the triceps extension at first it hurt but after i got home it felt better its probally that stretch Yeah i will definately probally start using these alot more the high boards sound like a good idea too as i know 4 and 5 boards usually hit the triceps a lot better.