The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Wannabebig New Member

wrist pain, new to Free wieght

recently i have decided to get into shape, not that im particularry unhealthy, as i cycle 8 mile a day, and eat ok. however that doesnt really help upper body strengh.

i have started by lifting 3 sets of 12 reps of bench presses, bicep curls, and raise dumbell above my head aternately from a bicep curl, idk what thats called but it does my shoulders, triceps and biceps.

im not lifting allot of wieght, but by the end i feel tired and 'worked out'.

however, i have this pain in my wrist since i startedand they click a lot. however it doesnt stop when i stoplifting wieghts, ie it continues all day. is this common and what is causing it. it has happened before, usually when i up the wieght im lifting as i naturally get stronger. sorry if this is basic stuff but im very new to all this.

thanks bobby

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

I can't really give you good advice, accept.. do some squats and deadlifts boy!
    19 5'7 235
    No Belt/Wraps
    Squat ATG: 335x5
    Bench: 315x2
    Dead: 420x4

Journal:
    http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...-He-wants-MOAR!\

Pain in wrist from doing exercises that you don't even know what they are called. I can't help you either.

Wrist pain can be caused from using the barbell on the bench press. If you are, maybe try using the dumbells instead. If the pain is always there, maybe think about strengthening your forearms/hands/wrists. You can use grippers, and do a variety of stuff with a short bar with weight on the end. Also plate pinches. Another thing that's good for your grip (as already mentioned) is deadlifting.

However, if the pain is serious and constant, dont try and "work through it". See a physician and get it diagnosed to avoid having it become a long-term problem.

Oh yeah, and learn the names of the exercises you're doing! It's not atomic physics!
    "You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him."

James D. Miles

My own personal trainer dumbbell's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by garjagan View Post
    Wrist pain can be caused from using the barbell on the bench press. If you are, maybe try using the dumbells instead. If the pain is always there, maybe think about strengthening your forearms/hands/wrists. You can use grippers, and do a variety of stuff with a short bar with weight on the end. Also plate pinches. Another thing that's good for your grip (as already mentioned) is deadlifting.

However, if the pain is serious and constant, dont try and "work through it". See a physician and get it diagnosed to avoid having it become a long-term problem.

Oh yeah, and learn the names of the exercises you're doing! It's not atomic physics!
    Yeah, what he said.
    Jason

It is currently a fad, at this writing, for boys to think they need a "six pack", although most of them don't have an ice chest to put it in.
    -Mark Rippetoe