The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

I just pissed off another pro bodybuilder...

yeah, remember when I refused to pay for Greg Kovac's autograph? Well... I just pissed off Jay Cutler for the same thing.

See, I was told at the local supplement shop that Jay Cutler would be there, and I asked if it was FREE autographs. Well, I was told that the picture and autograph is free. Cool... but learning from my first experience... I brought my own magazine with Jay Cutler in it to get signed, so I wouldn't be charged for a picture (even though I was told by the store that ISS pays for it)

I stand in line.. first off.. the guy is SICK. he's to ******* big.. it was disgusting. His face was all puffy and ****, he looked like he had down syndrome.. I am not trying to be rude or inconsiderate when I say that, it is just so true! He was way to big.. and it was just disgusting. Well, I took a late lunch to go there so I figured I'd wait it out.

I get to the front, he says "Whats your name?"
    I said "Jamie"
    he goes "what picture do you want?"
    I am like -- "Will you sign my magazine instead?"
    He goes -- "Yeah, but it counts as buying a picture".
    I am like "Ok, and how much would that be?"
    He says: "15 bux, and 5 if you want a picture with me, 25 for a hat and 40 for the book"
    I jokingly said "Jesus, what does it cost to have you piss in a cup for me"

OUCH! I guess I shouldn't have said that.. I honestly didn't say that for a steriod reference.. I could have said ANYTHING!! Like 'How much does it cost for you to pick your nose.." but no, I went with "Piss in a cup"

Jay - paused.. pissed off look... "More then you can afford"

OUCH!

Me - "Well sorry man, but I am not paying for your autograph. I took a late lunch to come down and meet a pro, see what kinda deals I can get on supps, and get an autograph to have.. but I don't feel I need to pay for that"

Jay - very angry.. "Well, **** off then"

I was in complete shock, and a bit scared I was gonna get my ass kicked.

On the way out, I saw the employee who told me it'd be FREE and I said "Nice way to get me in the store.. and I was gonna buy a bunch of stuff, but I don't like false advertising"

Employee - "Huh?"

so, I told him he said it'd be free.. and he felt bad.. so he walked up to the table and asked Jay to sign one for me, and he'd pay for it. Jay refused.

Jay - "I am not signing an autograph for this kid" *turns to me and says* Didn't I tell you to **** off?"

The employee didn't know what to say... I thanked him anyways, and didn't buy nothing. I just left.. disappointed again.

I thought about writing to ISS or SSI or whatever, but **** it. It won't do anything. I'll live with the satisfaction that I will live longer then Jay Cutler, cuz he's gonna die of kidney or liver failure anyways... he looked like we was half way there.

Anyways.. I am out.. like the 15 bux the other suckers paid for his autograph!
    Stay Down With The

Runnin' with the Hatchet.. like WHUT?!?

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Stop pissing people off, man. It's not a good way to go about things.
    "Except Belial. He knows everything. This isn't a sarcastic attack, either. He really knows everything." -----Organichu
    "Alex is all knowing and perfect"-----Jane (loosely paraphrased)
    -515/745/700 bench/deadlift/squat
    Current mile time: 4:23
    Marathons: 3
    Century races: 3
    Ironmans: 1
    Ultramarathons: 1
    Current supps: http://www.atlargenutrition.com/prod...covery/results

*lmao*

i can't believe you said THAT particular comment to Jay Cutler.

ace. i woulda spent money jsut to see that sh*t.

speaking of which....I've got this picture of jay cutler hanging in my cube right now (don't ask) but man...his fookin thighs are fookin HUGE. way too huge. put together they might actually be the size of my entire body from what i can tell. it's crazy.

anyway...that was a good laugh man.
    A little learning is a dangerous thing...

Live Dangerously! Learn a Little!

Dude, did Doogie Howser just steal my fucking car?

Don't you understand that this is how pro bb's make money?

Why do you have to be such a dick head?

I think it would have been funny if he bitch slapped you.

Mystic Eric
    Lmao! Why are you always pissing pissing people off? Especially guys that are over 250, ripped!!!

One thing I don't get is why they won't sign your magazines for free. When i met nasser, he signed anything and everything... maybe it's just the way you approach these guys?

i think it's a combo of approach and the people themselves.

i'm still lmao at this......i can't say whether what he did was right ot wrong, but it just semes like something from an episode of jackass.
    A little learning is a dangerous thing...

Live Dangerously! Learn a Little!

Dude, did Doogie Howser just steal my fucking car?

Well, if a hot chick wanted something signed for free I'm sure Jay would have done it.

But some little smart ass punk, no way.

Gaglione Strength Chris Rodgers's Avatar
    Bwahahahaha, that was funnier than the Kovacs one!!

Way to be Twiz, you start with juiceheads even bigger than the ones I start with.
    Best Meet Lifts(Raw w/wraps):
    @165- 435 SQ 270 BE 560 DL.....1255 total
    @181- 535 SQ 300 BE 570 DL.....1400 total
    Best Meet Lifts(Multi-ply):
    @148- 575 SQ 315 BE 515 DL.....1400 total
    @165- 680 SQ 380 BE 540 DL.....1555 total
    @181- 700 SQ 375 BE 535 DL.....1605 total
    Best Gym Lifts(Raw w/wraps)
    545 SQ 305 BE 585 DL

LMFAO!

Paying for autographs ... who the **** do they think they are? Hahahaha!
    Facebook - BW166 SQ585 BP405 DL660 CL310

MulletII - AKA Ninja Boner Gyno Rhino's Avatar
    What a jerk you were. This is how they make their money, doncha get it?

But, on a side note.. What a jerk he was. *laugh* Can't beleive he wouldn't sign your magazine.
    Founding Member and CEO of the FFFA

"All that matters is beauty on the inside! Outside beauty doesn't matter!"
    ~This is something ugly people say to feel better about themselves...

"Strength and size don't matter! It's not fair to judge training knowledge based on strength and size!"
    ~This is something wussy people say to feel better about themselves...

Pearls of Wisdom...

Resident Ninja Demon (with a pet Radioactive Sloth) and SchlonkeyMaster of WBB!

Rock is my 'Big Viking Brother', and not in a homo-esque way.

And no COLON jokes, bastards!

Mystic Eric
    Actually, it's quite simple in my opinion. If you want to pay for their autograph, then pay, if you don't want to pay for their autograph, don't waste your time or theirs. Quite a simple concept actually.

call me a stupid little jackass.. whatever

i was more pissed off at the fact I was TOLD it was FREE.. then I was at the ridiculious amount of money to get an autograph.

I can see paying for the picture.. they can be expensive.. and they are nice and glossy and stuff, but a magazine.. that I already paid $5 bux or so for.. c'mon!

Anyways... whatever
    Stay Down With The

decease, RIP
    lol youre to ******* funny.

Know what I'll send you $15 if you make Ronnie Coleman sign this photo if he's ever near you.

Last edited by big; 03-22-2002 at 12:29 PM.
    big.

I really don't see how I was a JERK!

I went there, being told it was FREE.. then get to the front, and being told it was 15 bux.. and he had an evvelope there, and all I had was my VISA anyways.. but even still, I wouldn't pay.

That's how they make their money.. they tell you its free, you get to the front and a 250 lbs ripped juiced mofo says "15 bux" and you whip out your money faster then anything.. cuz what are you gonna do? People behind you waiting.. 250 lbs juicer in front of you telling you he wants 15 bux.. do you say NO? Not most people..

but when you see something you like in WalMart, and you pick it up and you see the price is to much.. what do you do? You say NO to yourself and put it back on the shelf.

If WalMart had an add that said "EVERYTHING FREE" and you show up and the item that you went to get was 15 bux.. what do you do? Other then grab the other free shxt..

you feel ripped off.. thats what you do..

so, whatever
    Stay Down With The

Ronnie has a very impressive gut.

Mystic Eric
    Haha it turns our right has twiztid left, Cutler signs free for everyone else! haha Kinda reminds me of that Seinfeld episode when they go to the movies. George walks right in the movie and walks out but forgets to bring the ticket, the doorman clearly remembers Geroge but doesn't let him in because he doesn't have a ticket. Then later, Kramer says he left his ticket inside (which he clearly didn't do) and the door person lets him in! haha

I look like a younger version of George to... how fitting!
    Stay Down With The

I find it quite funny actually. That was a good laugh.

If you think about it, people pay money to get an autograph of someone who has more muscle tissue than them. They think that it's so awesome that they will pay for that person to ink their pic or whatever it is. It's nice to see these guys in person but I wouldn't be caught dead paying for an autograph let alone standing in line to get an item signed. What makes them so darn special. Basically it's the "freak status" that they are marketing. Hey if you want to see a freak spend 5 bucks and go to yoru local circus.
    Maki Fit Blog

At Large: Optimize Your Body | Dynamic Conditioning |
    My articles on Wannabebig

"Soli Deo Gloria"
    "Test all things; hold fast what is good.": 1 Thessalonians 5:21

"I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do--this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.
    So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God's law; but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God--through Jesus Christ our Lord!"
    Romans 7:14-25

"Judo is not about strength. Yet in the learning curve, all Judokas get strong. Only with time do you learn where to apply that strength."
    The Art of Judo

layin up against a dumpster in a 100 dollar jumper, smothered in southern comfort.
    dude, that guys a dick.

You kinda made the day for me with this one. If you really wanted his autograph, etc....you would have paid for it. So Cutler ain't your fav no way. Is he? At least not now he is not. Do you want Ronnie to beat him again?

decease, RIP
    magazine: $4
    walk to local supplement store: free
    having a Jay Cutler tell you to **** off: priceless

Or something like that.
    big.

I don't really follow the sport.. i mean, i read about the guys in magazines.. I went, cuz it'd be interesting to see. To meet somebody in the pro's, and get a picture.. .hell, maybe for a lil motivation.. or even to say i got one. I dunno.. Not much happens in this town, so I figure what the hell.

I needed some supps to.. and they had a great sale on...
    Stay Down With The

That's funny as hell.
    Vin Diesel has a fever.. and the only prescription is more cowbell.

Budiak: That girl I maced
    Budiak: macked
    Budiak: heh maced
    Budiak: I wish

ShmrckPmp5: a good thing people can't fire guns through the computer...your ass would have been shot years ago

Y2A 47: youre smooth as hell
    Y2A 47: thats why you get outta tickets, and into panties

galileo: you're a fucking beast and I hate you
    galileo: hate

assgrabbers are never subtile, they will grabb ass whereever they go,public or not, I know the type, because I am one. - Rock

It's gonna be even funnier when they all gang rape you, Twiz.

Originally posted by Maki Riddington
    I find it quite funny actually. That was a good laugh.

If you think about it, people pay money to get an autograph of someone who has more muscle tissue than them. They think that it's so awesome that they will pay for that person to ink their pic or whatever it is. It's nice to see these guys in person but I wouldn't be caught dead paying for an autograph let alone standing in line to get an item signed. What makes them so darn special. Basically it's the "freak status" that they are marketing. Hey if you want to see a freak spend 5 bucks and go to yoru local circus.
    You're missing the point...you're paying for an autograph from someone that has "celebrity status".