The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Its no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Gamer/Lifter

McCain Preacher Supporter Comment

Ok recently I ehard a supporter of McCain, a preacher said that god sent hilter to give jews back their holy land.

Now as controverisal as the statements I am about to make understand this, I in no way support nazism in any manner, in fact in Germany is illegal. Secondly I don't hate jews, I wish had their money But I don't hate them. Now here are my statements

McCain Preacher guy said that god send hilter to bring the jews back to the holy land. And quite frankly that makes 100% perfect sense if you assume the following
    1. Your relgious and believe in what god does has a purpose
    2. Thats about it.

So anyways think of it, would the jews ever had the world sympathic power to establish a state in the middle east in 1948? I don't think so, without WW2 they would of never had the power. Now had this been a direct cause of WW1 I would of said "well that can't be true" but think about it

Who caused WW2? Hilter
    Who ordered the assassination of all the jews? Hilter
    Who declared war and started all of the invasisons? Hilter

You seeing a pattern, Hilter basically created everything that eventually indirectly result in the Isreali state. After the war the world felt sorry for the jews, I mean they did just suffer from one of the biggest genocides the world has ever seen.

Therefore I believe the Preacher who supported McCain was simpyl speaking candidly, he said what he felt and quite frankly it made sense.

What do yall think.
    "It is the soldier, not the reporter who has given us the freedom of the press.
    "It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us the freedom of speech.
    "It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who gives us the freedom to demonstrate.
    "It is the soldier who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag."

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Bodybuilding Mythbuster
    Quote Originally Posted by Nik00117 View Post
    Ok recently I ehard a supporter of McCain, a preacher said that god sent hilter to give jews back their holy land.

Now as controverisal as the statements I am about to make understand this, I in no way support nazism in any manner, in fact in Germany is illegal. Secondly I don't hate jews, I wish had their money But I don't hate them. Now here are my statements

McCain Preacher guy said that god send hilter to bring the jews back to the holy land. And quite frankly that makes 100% perfect sense if you assume the following
    1. Your relgious and believe in what god does has a purpose
    2. Thats about it.

So anyways think of it, would the jews ever had the world sympathic power to establish a state in the middle east in 1948? I don't think so, without WW2 they would of never had the power. Now had this been a direct cause of WW1 I would of said "well that can't be true" but think about it

Who caused WW2? Hilter
    Who ordered the assassination of all the jews? Hilter
    Who declared war and started all of the invasisons? Hilter

You seeing a pattern, Hilter basically created everything that eventually indirectly result in the Isreali state. After the war the world felt sorry for the jews, I mean they did just suffer from one of the biggest genocides the world has ever seen.

Therefore I believe the Preacher who supported McCain was simpyl speaking candidly, he said what he felt and quite frankly it made sense.

What do yall think.
    I think you should know that it is H-I-T-L-E-R, and not Hilter.. Somebody living in GERMANY of all places should know the difference...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/hilter

(read what it says about hitler at the top)

And what about that comment I bolded above? You said "I don't hate Jews, I wish I had their money."
    Do you really think that all Jews are rich? And that's pretty stereotypical...

But to answer your question that preacher was just an idiot and was much more likely a believer in an Armageddon type theory then what you typed above.
    Last edited by Songsangnim; 06-02-2008 at 08:34 PM.

Gamer/Lifter
    I don't think you understood my humor in that statement.
    "It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who gives us the freedom to demonstrate.
    "It is the soldier who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag."

Actually song, on average, Jewish people are more wealthy than the normal population.

And the English already agreed to give the land to the Jews well before WW2.

How about instead you talk about candidates' policies rather than irrelevant **** about preachers?

Gamer/Lifter
    Um, the topic isn't about the candiate himself, its more about the supporter's comments. Which I don't feel should reflect upon McCain since he already rejected them.

I challenge you guys to find what common characteristic, trait, or experience people like Hitler, Stalin, Mao, etc all have in common. What is that one factor that makes them become sadists and sociopaths?

I ask because I've just been reading several books on the subject. IMHO the author nails it down really well but many people don't accept her theories because they hit a little too close to home for them. Also it's something I kinda theorized before picking up her books but her works just cemented it in my mind.
    ...........||High School||.....||July '05||.......||January '09||
    Bench.........225x1...............275x1.................?
    Squat...........?.......................?....................365x5
    Deadlift........?.....................315x5...............435x5
    Weight........180...................192...................185
    BF%.............?......................12.....................12
    Time to Get Ripped
    Pictures of Me

Quote Originally Posted by d'Anconia View Post
    I challenge you guys to find what common characteristic, trait, or experience people like Hitler, Stalin, Mao, etc all have in common. What is that one factor that makes them become sadists and sociopaths?

I ask because I've just been reading several books on the subject. IMHO the author nails it down really well but many people don't accept her theories because they hit a little too close to home for them. Also it's something I kinda theorized before picking up her books but her works just cemented it in my mind.
    Who's the author?
    "You shall invite to the path of your Lord with wisdom and kind enlightenment, and debate with them in the best possible manner. Your Lord knows best who has strayed from His path, and He knows best who are the guided ones."- Quran 16:25

"A life unexamined is not worth living"- Socrates

Quote Originally Posted by d'Anconia View Post

They all liked to wear women's underwear - preferably pink and with tassels.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyK View Post
    Who's the author?
    Alice Miller. And by giving her name I'm pretty much giving the answer, at least to anyone who is familiar with her work.
    Time to Get Ripped
    Pictures of Me

abusive childhoods?
    -Matt
    gym lifts: squat: 341lbs, deadlift: 374lbs, bench: 275lbs
    My journal: http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=85034
    "Fk you and the Prowler you rode in on"

Yep. More specifically she was saying that those who really become sociopaths are the ones who never had an "enlightened witness", or basically someone who they could talk to about their experiences and who could let them know that the abuse that happened to them was wrong. A lot of people get abused but only some turn into sociopaths. Of course there are also other circumstantial factors (ie the willingness of a generation/nation to follow your orders, etc) that lead to the tragedies the world has suffered under tyrants.
    I'm on my 4th book of hers and I must say they've been well worth the read. Very enlightening when it comes to my own childhood, the behavior of my friends and family, and the behavior of society in general. I highly recommend anyone pick up some of her books.
    Time to Get Ripped
    Pictures of Me

Bodybuilding Mythbuster
    Quote Originally Posted by BFGUITAR View Post
    Actually song, on average, Jewish people are more wealthy than the normal population.

Better define that answer. The Jewish people where? And the normal (Jews aren't normal? local might be a better word) population where?

Jewish people live in a number of countries over the world and I promise you that is NOT the case for every one.

But let's look at the country with the greatest number of Jewish people which of course is Israel.

Depending on whether you go with the World Bank or IMF ranking or the CIA world factbook Israel ranked 43th 44th or 46th respectively out of the world in GDP in 2007. Canada, America and Britain (where most posters here seem to come from) all ranked in the top 10.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of..._GDP_(nominal))

However you are quite correct about the agreement the English made.
    Last edited by Songsangnim; 06-03-2008 at 10:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BFGUITAR View Post
    makes sense. crudely put, natural selection has taken place...those families who can afford to buy their respective ways out of the many tragedies and genocides the jewish people have faced live on, the others are usually not so lucky.
    -Matt

Bodybuilding Mythbuster
    Quote Originally Posted by nhlfan View Post
    makes sense. crudely put, natural selection has taken place...those families who can afford to buy their respective ways out of the many tragedies and genocides the jewish people have faced live on, the others are usually not so lucky.

This would mean then that given the quote you referenced above, that these families are the "average".

Median household income in Israel (based on PPP) is $37,000, in the U.S. it is $48,000 and Canada is $44,000. On average it doesn't seem that they are that rich.
    Last edited by Songsangnim; 06-03-2008 at 11:56 PM.

yeah but your average jewish family's descendants that escaped to the USA, for example, probably makes more than median, right (assuming that social conditioning and passed on family wealth have caused no change in financial standing)? And Israel's income level is still above most countries'. Compare Israel's GDP/person compared to the neighbouring countries.

The income of a nation's people will have a lot to do with natural resources and the like, but Israel still does very well for the region.
    -Matt

Bodybuilding Mythbuster
    Quote Originally Posted by nhlfan View Post
    yeah 1. but your average jewish family's descendants that escaped to the USA, for example, probably makes more than median, right (assuming that social conditioning and passed on family wealth have caused no change in financial standing)? And Israel's income level is still above most countries'. 2. Compare Israel's GDP/person compared to the neighbouring countries.

The income of a nation's people will have a lot to do with natural resources and the like, but Israel still does very well for the region.

1. Which is why I said that the answer has to be defined. When people say that Jews are rich...to whom are we comparing them to and in which country?

2. Somehow I don't think that people when they made the comments about Jews being rich were using the people in the surrounding countries around Israel to make that comparison. It was likely more Canada and the U.S.A not to mention England...since those seem to be the nationalities most common on here.

That said it could very well be the case that Jews who had the resources to immigrate were also richer than the average person back in their homeland. I just think it's a bit over the top and promotes a negative stereotype to say something like "Jews, I wish I had their money."

Anyway to get back on topic, what do you feel about the preacher's comments? Will they hurt McCain or have no discernible effect? Myself, I believe that it won't really matter in the long run.

I've never completely understood why there is so much reverse-racism/stereotyping when it comes to comments about Judaism. I've always been against the propping up of Israel but my anti-Zionist comments always get pegged as anti-semitic. It's really annoying it's like you can't say anything with the word "Jew" in it or you'll get compared to Hitler.

From what I understand many of the "top" bankers in the world have come from Jewish backgrounds (think Wolfowitz, Bernanke, Greenspan, etc). The same can be said about the three main founders of Communism (Marx, Lenin, and Trotsky). I've read some people explain it as a government extension of the charity-oriented themes that are advocated in Judaism but I personally haven't looked specifically into the subject to verify or anything.
    Last edited by d'Anconia; 06-04-2008 at 07:15 PM.
    Time to Get Ripped
    Pictures of Me