Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How do I stop eating and drinking?

How do I stop eating and drinking?

I've been trying to lose weight for about six months. The first two the weight dropped off, but since then I haven't been able to stay away from the junk food and drink. Now I weighed myself today and I'm as heavy as I was four months ago.

I drink at least a bottle of wine a day, and eat 1000+ calorie meals at every meal. How do I stop myself wanting any of this so I can eat healthily? I literally cannot stop eating and drinking ****, no matter what I do. If I pour by beer and wine away, I just buy more. If I eat well all day, I'll ruin it at the end by eating a 14" pizza or something stupid like that.

Develop some self control. There's nothing more you can do.

I'd suggest you stop drinking. Nothing at all. Throw out all the junk food you have. Lay out an eating plan that meets your daily needs and eat that every day. Don't let yourself cheat.

You are your worst enemy when it comes to weight loss.
    Full Powerlifting
    Squat - 595lbs -- 270kg -- Dec. 31, '09 (Provincial Record @100kg class)
    Bench - 374lbs -- 170kg -- Dec 20, '08 (@100kg class)
    Dead - 589lbs -- 267.5kg -- Dec 20, '08 (Provincial Record @100kg class)
    Total: 1537lbs -- 697.5kg -- Dec 20, '08 (Provincial Record @ 100kg class)
    Bench Only -- 358lbs -- 162.5kg -- Nov. 25, '07 (Provincial Record @ 90kg class)
    Bench Only -- 376lbs -- 171kg -- Jan. 26, '08 (Provincial Record @ 100kg class)

Make your meals ahead of time. Cook meals on Sunday and Wednesday, enough for the rest of the week. Put em' in containers in the fridge, 5-6 meals a day, and don't let yourself stray from your pre-cooked meals. Don't cheat, don't drink alcohol, get some will power. If you crack and can't take it, have one cheat day a week, and the rest stick to the plan. Otherwise, accept your lack of control and find a different hobby.
    Scars are tatoos with better stories.

Banned
    Really? Here's some advice: Put the fork down and take a walk.

This is the saddest post I've seen. Take some personal responsilbility for your health and stop crying and making excuses. If you know you shouldn't eat crap and drink wine (which is super-gay anyways), then stop doing it. It's that simple. If you can't stop eating, what's going to happen when you have a REAL life crisis that you have to deal with? Are you gonna make excuses, like you are now?

Nut up and stop crying. If you can't do it, then get used to be a fat $hit your whole life. There's the answer.

Just stop... what are we suppose to say? Make a meal plan and follow it.

How the heck do you manage to drink a bottle of wine a day?

Quote Originally Posted by BFGUITAR View Post
    Just stop... what are we suppose to say? Make a meal plan and follow it.

Lol that's really not that much.. It'd take 3+ bottles to get me drunk.
    Full Powerlifting
    Squat - 595lbs -- 270kg -- Dec. 31, '09 (Provincial Record @100kg class)
    Bench - 374lbs -- 170kg -- Dec 20, '08 (@100kg class)
    Dead - 589lbs -- 267.5kg -- Dec 20, '08 (Provincial Record @100kg class)
    Total: 1537lbs -- 697.5kg -- Dec 20, '08 (Provincial Record @ 100kg class)
    Bench Only -- 358lbs -- 162.5kg -- Nov. 25, '07 (Provincial Record @ 90kg class)
    Bench Only -- 376lbs -- 171kg -- Jan. 26, '08 (Provincial Record @ 100kg class)

Quote Originally Posted by deeder View Post
    Develop some self control. There's nothing more you can do.
    How do I do that? I have no self control, I do stuff that I know is going to **** me up, but can't stop it.

Look in the mirror and be pissed at yourself. You a push over with everything else in your life like this? I agree with Rhodes and the others, man up.
    My Journal - Taking Back What is Mine
    5'11" 204 lbs
    Recovering from 2 fractured vertebrae and thyroid cancer

You just gotta man up and quit crying like a bitch because you can't help it. I seriously haven't eaten chocolate or candy in a long time. Sure it's hard in the beginning but once you get used to it the cravings go away.

I really don't know what to tell you if you're really having that much trouble avoiding cravings. Seems like you have some serious issues if you willingly know it's making things worse and you still do it.
    Best lifts: 615/475/660, Raw w/ Wraps
    http://www.youtube.com/user/invain622002

Quote Originally Posted by TopCat View Post
    Look in the mirror and be pissed at yourself.
    Tried that, didn't make any difference. I just end up comfort eating.

You a push over with everything else in your life like this?
    Yeah pretty much.

I agree with Rhodes and the others, man up.
    It's not really that simple. In fact that doesn't even mean anything, it's a meaningless, vague phrase.

Quote Originally Posted by BFGUITAR View Post
    It becomes a habit. Finish work, go to the shop, get some junk food and a couple of bottles of wine, go home and eat/drink until bed-time.

Gives me something to look forward to after work, keeps me going through all the tedium. If I don't have that bottle of wine or pizza to think about, then my whole day is pretty miserable. I'm rarely even that hungry, I eat even when I'm full just out of habit and to have something to do. Even if it's not particularly nice food, eating releases reward chemicals in my brain which I don't get anywhere else.

O I know its not a lot to get drunk, but could you keep up drinking a bottle of wine EVERY day? I would feel like utter crap.

You sir have an addiction it seems.
    Last edited by BFGUITAR; 04-20-2008 at 02:01 PM.

Banned
    Get an afterwork hobby.
    But really, you do need to MAN UP and just do it. You can't pop a pill that will make it easier or anything you have to do it YOURSELF, just like everyone else on this board, with self discipline.
    Last edited by Reko; 04-20-2008 at 02:08 PM.

Banned
    same here

Sounds like you need to get a life. Find something else to fill up your time and you won't resort to eating.

And like everyone else said, stop being such a ****ing pussy. Just force yourself to not eat and stop making BS excuses. You have self control, everyone does. You're just too ****ing lazy to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by anelka View Post
    It becomes a habit. Finish work, go to the shop, get some junk food and a couple of bottles of wine, go home and eat/drink until bed-time.

Gives me something to look forward to after work, keeps me going through all the tedium. If I don't have that bottle of wine or pizza to think about, then my whole day is pretty miserable. I'm rarely even that hungry, I eat even when I'm full just out of habit and to have something to do. Even if it's not particularly nice food, eating releases reward chemicals in my brain which I don't get anywhere else.
    I'm sort of the same way. I love pizza and fast food, but there are other things to look forward too. I find that cardio leaves me with an elevated mood for hours afterward, and I'm talking like 10 freaking minutes of running on a treadmill. Maybe take that up.

I don't buy junk food anymore because I know that I will end up eating too much of it. Try to eat foods that fill you up but don't have a lot of calories. A salad would probably be good (even with a ton of dressing, a large salad should be well under 1000 calories). I find that hard-boiled eggs are one of the best appetite suppressants.

Good luck.

Also, you might want to try counting calories. Set a limit and just force yourself not to go over it. The organization helps for some people (myself included). After a while of counting calories, I rarely ever get hungry anymore. I eat because I know I have to eat.

Quote Originally Posted by Notorious View Post
    Also, you might want to try counting calories. Set a limit and just force yourself not to go over it. The organization helps for some people (myself included). After a while of counting calories, I rarely ever get hungry anymore. I eat because I know I have to eat.
    Word. Anelka, you may be trying to cut calories too much. Set a reasonable goal for yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by bjohnso View Post
    I find that cardio leaves me with an elevated mood for hours afterward, and I'm talking like 10 freaking minutes of running on a treadmill. Maybe take that up.
    I only got that the first few times I went to the gym. Six months later, I don't get anything from it, I don't get the high that other people talk about.

I've tried counting calories, 1500 a day. It works for a while, but I can never keep it up.

Although on a positive note I've only had 600 calories today.

I only got that the first few times I went to the gym. Six months later, I don't get anything from it, I don't get the high that other people talk about.

I've tried counting calories, 1500 a day. It works for a while, but I can never keep it up.
    The high is pretty subtle. You may not even realize the elevated mood.

1500Cals a day is way too little. You said you were eating multiple 1000+Cal meals. So what is that, like 3000 a day? 4000? You need to set a more realistic goal for yourself. Count up your calories and multiply by .9, then eat that.

Although on a positive note I've only had 600 calories today.
    600 is way too little, you're setting yourself up to fail.

getting some counciling may help

If eating is what you look foward to all day then you really need to find a hobby. Anything to help keep your mind off food, or give you something to look forward so your day's not ****. Where do you live? Go out and meet poeple. If you're in the country take up fishing, or bike riding, or anything.....

If you're socially handicapped get a ps3 or something. I'm definitely not an advocate of playing video games, but seriously, if the only thing you look foward to after coming home from work is eating pizza then maybe a game would help.
    Best lifts: 615/475/660, Raw w/ Wraps
    http://www.youtube.com/user/invain622002

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by biglift View Post
    getting some counciling may help

And to me, it sounds like you're just a big, alcoholic pussy as others have said. Quit being such a bitch and do something. I mean, if you seriously can't, then you seriously need professional help.
    Last edited by BLewis; 04-20-2008 at 06:55 PM.

The only one that is going make you change, is you. The food and wine aren't holding a pistol to your head.