Thread: My Cutting Diet

Wannabebig Member

My Cutting Diet

So I am attempting my first cut. My maintenance calories are around 2200. When I started the cut I was about 175lbs, 11% body fat. Wanting to get down to about 7-8% body fat. After about two weeks I'm at about 172lbs.

Here's my diet. Sometimes this varies a bit in terms of what is on there, but the calories still stay about the same 1750-1850ish:

M1:
    -1 string cheese

M2:
    -Omlette with egg beaters (maybe once-twice a week I will substitute real eggs instead)
    -1 cup of watermelon

M3:
    -2 bags of Costco mini carrots
    -Premier Protein Bar (about 30g protein, 9g of fat, 23g of carbs, 290 calories)

M4:
    -Chicken Breast or steak
    -Mixed Vegetables

M5:
    -Edamame Bowl (soybeans)

M6:
    -Light yogurt
    -2 tilapia filets

M7:
    -Chicken Breast

I think and hope I'm on the right track here but am open to criticisms..

Thanks in advance!

As long as you're losing weight, keep it up! 3 lbs in 2 weeks is good progress. I'm very close to you... 180 cutting down to 170 or so, taking in 1800 cals a day. Are you doing any cardio? after I hit 185 I couldn't lose any more, and had to start running Make sure you're getting 175 g of protein per day. How tall are you?

Edamame is awesome!

Wannabebig Member
    how often/far do u run?

Wannabebig Member
    Scission, thanks for the reply man, much appreciated!

I'm just about 6'0 in height. I had been doing cardio about 1-2 times per week but from what I gathered on here it was very difficult to keep muscle mass on when doing cardio. So yes, I do it (jumprope), but currently only once per week. I go for about 20 minutes, with 30 second double-under intervals every 5 minutes (4 in total).
    I leave for Hawaii in two weeks, so it is not a serious several-month long cut or anything.
    I'm getting at least 150g of protein per day, but am probably gonna up it to yeah about the 175 range.

Do you do a 4 day split for weight training?

rebuilding the foundations Herandi's Avatar
    if you have your diet in check, i.e. the right foods before and after cardio, you should be able to hold on to most of your muscle whilst performing cardio more than once a week. Look for the user 'built' she has great information on nutrition and cardio.
    "Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Quote Originally Posted by Joseppi View Post
    Scission, thanks for the reply man, much appreciated!

I'm just about 6'0 in height. I had been doing cardio about 1-2 times per week but from what I gathered on here it was very difficult to keep muscle mass on when doing cardio. So yes, I do it (jumprope), but currently only once per week. I go for about 20 minutes, with 30 second double-under intervals every 5 minutes (4 in total).
    I leave for Hawaii in two weeks, so it is not a serious several-month long cut or anything.
    I'm getting at least 150g of protein per day, but am probably gonna up it to yeah about the 175 range.

Do you do a 4 day split for weight training?
    If your diet is decent and you don't overdo the cardio, you will hardly lose any muscle. I've gone from 215 to 180ish and my lifts are the same as they were when I started cutting. I do 3 miles 3x per week.
    I'm on a 3 day split, but I hit everything I need to