Thread: Suits and non-Iron shirts.

Hybrid View

Suits and non-Iron shirts.

I had to get my first suit last week for a job interview this Wednesday. I've never worn or owned a suit before so this whole looking nice thing is new to me. A few things I noticed;

1) I look damn good in a suit. This comes as no suprise to me, because I look damn good in general.

2) Suits are made for fat people (general population). The guy at the store had to give me a huge ****ing jacket just to fit my shoulders. Even though they took the waist in, it could still come in much much more.

3) I have no ****ing clue how to tie a tie. I had to take a test in fire school where we had to tie a total of 20 different knots blindfolded. I got 20 out of 20 in half of the allowed time. However, give me 3 hours, a step by step picture of how to tie a tie, and the thing still looks like ****.

4) Suits are expensive.

5) I wish Carhartt made suits. They would look nice as well as being functional. They would have a hammer loop and many utility pockets on the pants. This way I could wear my suit to work.

This is where I need help. The shirt had a large band around it that said 'NON-IRON'. How the **** do you get the wrinkles out?
    Quote Originally Posted by RhodeHouse View Post
    "Any man under 200lbs is a woman." -Matt Rhodes

haha...non-iron means it won't wrinkle. You can iron it. After washing it, it should come out of the dryer without wrinkles
    My Journal
    http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=119765

I think this is possibly the all-time best response on WBB. - Jorge Sanchez

"you're an animal eat like one damn it!" - Wikked1

"Now we're finally getting to the chicken or the egg question," I grinned. "Did I eat all that food because my size gives me more of an appetite, or did I get to be this big because I've been forcing myself to eat like this for years?"

From A Body Builder is Born

i knew you were a beast but not that kinda of a beast that eats grown men and children.. lilmase

Do a barrel roll in the suit...

lol nice avatar rusty.
    Goal: Set a deadlift provincial record in mens junior.

Quote Originally Posted by cphafner View Post
    haha...non-iron means it won't wrinkle. You can iron it. After washing it, it should come out of the dryer without wrinkles
    Thanks. I'll wash it tonight and see how it turns out.

Quote Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
    Suits aren't that expensive. I know the Mens Warehouse had a sale where you can get 2 suits for like $100.
    They had suits starting at $135, but they looked like crap and I really want to make a good impression. My suit cost $300, and with shoes, a shirt, a tie, and tailoring, it came to just over $500. Expensive, but well worth it if I get through the interview.

Quote Originally Posted by lakeripple View Post
    Do a barrel roll in the suit...

lol nice avatar rusty.
    Thanks, Brian Peppers is the man!

Suits aren't that expensive. I know the Mens Warehouse had a sale where you can get 2 suits for like $100.
    Height: 5'11
    Starting Weight: 112
    5/15/08

Current Weight: 122 (+8)
    8/25/08
    Stage: Bulking

if you weigh under 120lbs they aren't.

for guys like myself, buying a suit is ridiculous

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Superior Athletics - Northeast Ohio's Center for Athlete Training
    *Westside Barbell Certified Gym

still dislikes Art Atwood Hatred's Avatar

Men's Wearhouse or Mom's Whorehouse?

I've never seen that sale and I love the place.

Suits are silly expensive but worth it there.

Pay for tailoring once and it's free for life.
    Out of the night that covers me,Black as the Pit from pole to pole,I thank whatever gods may be for my unconquerable soul. In The fell clutch of circumstance I have not winced nor cried aloud. Under the bludgeonings of chance my head is bloody, but unbowed. Beyond this place of wrath and tears looms but the horror of the shade And yet the menace of the years finds, and shall find, me unafraid. It matters not how strait the gate how charged with punishments the scroll,I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul.
    Twitter: @joshuagbsn Follow me as I laugh at the world, and you.

Yeah dude, suits are ****in expensive. I need to get one for prom and football. Where did you get your suit from? What kind is it?
    w:225lbs. h:5'10.
    630/385/545/1560
    Journal | Vids

"im ready for the ladies too, my stomach has never been bigger and ive never been hairier." - Stumprrp

TJW

Banned
    /agree with every one on Mens warehouse, I have about 7 suits and 5 sport coats all from there...they are great for bigger guys.

however they arent cheap... expect to pay $350+ for a decent suit with alterations.

Their dress shirts are second to none though and GREAT service

Quote Originally Posted by Detard View Post
    Yeah dude, suits are ****in expensive. I need to get one for prom and football. Where did you get your suit from? What kind is it?
    I got it from Moore's. It's really the only suit place I know of.

I don't know what kind of suit it is....... It's black and has pin stripes. I just walked in and told the guy what I needed the suit for and he set me up.
    Last edited by Rusty; 06-08-2008 at 01:43 PM.