Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Deadlift 600 x 1 Form Check.

Deadlift 600 x 1 Form Check.

Heres my Buddy Deadlifting 600 for a single, please critique form.

Video
    Last edited by Unholy; 06-08-2008 at 09:59 PM.
    5'11" 185lbs 9% BF
    S/D/B PR's 445x1, 495x5, 335x1......Looking to get stronger and do a PL Meet this summer!
    Chronological Picture Thread 2005-Current
    Pro Status or Bust..2011

At Large Nutrition, Optimize YOUR body!

Banned
    The hips shooting up real high at first was really the only thing I noted. Sumo pulling is supposed to be used to take advantage of hip strength (on top of shorter ROM) and by doing that it kind of negates that, IMO. Strong pull though, prolly had more in him.

Lol nice slap

Yeh he could have started with his hips lower.

Quote Originally Posted by Reko View Post
    The hips shooting up real high at first was really the only thing I noted. Sumo pulling is supposed to be used to take advantage of hip strength (on top of shorter ROM) and by doing that it kind of negates that, IMO. Strong pull though, prolly had more in him.
    Thanks for the critique, After watching the video i felt the same way about shooting up too high.... something to work on

HMB MFers!

Fuck, fight, or hold the light.

The hips were the first thing I noticed. Huge pull. You made it look easy.

dont think your knees changed their bend angle through the entire lift, 100% back there, hurts my back looking at it

good pull though, very very strong
    Height: 6' 1/2" Age: 24

Current Status: The brace is off....
    Weight: 208 lbs.

Back in action...

He had a good starting position but shot up out of it right as he started the pull, almost like double clutching a squat.

Strong pull though, and tell him not to drop the weights.... for the simple fact your body works to lower it too so why not get that work in. It stretches the muscles when your bring it back down controlled.

Quote Originally Posted by WBBIRL View Post
    He had a good starting position but shot up out of it right as he started the pull, almost like double clutching a squat.

Strong pull though, and tell him not to drop the weights.... for the simple fact your body works to lower it too so why not get that work in. It stretches the muscles when your bring it back down controlled.
    Thanks for the critiques everyone. Ill work on the form.
    To justify the dropping of weights, i knew someone was going to say something. i normally dont drop them but Schaedle and i hate that gym! So we told each other that when we get to 600 we would drop the weights just because of that
    but i completely agree it is best to bring it back down!
    Last edited by bigsalts; 06-09-2008 at 11:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bigsalts View Post
    Thanks for the critiques everyone. Ill work on the form.
    To justify the dropping of weights, i knew someone was going to say something. i normally dont drop them but Schaedle and i hate that gym! So we told each other that when we get to 600 we would drop the weights just because of that
    but i completely agree it is best to bring it back down!
    B.S. says I. You'll bugger ur back lowering down slowly. Don't risk it, just drop it. Good pulling brah.

Quote Originally Posted by bjohnso View Post
    B.S. says I. You'll bugger ur back lowering down slowly. Don't risk it, just drop it. Good pulling brah.

How would you bugger your back letting it down controlled?

Are you trying to say that when the muscles are contracting to exert force that they're in a better position, as far as injuries go, then when they relax?

I would think that if his back is strong enough to pull that weight then it can certainly handle lowering it down.

I don't know about you but I can let 100 + pounds more weight down onto my chest then I can press, and I've never screwed up my chest or anything doing negative bench presses.

Quote Originally Posted by WBBIRL View Post
    How would you bugger your back letting it down controlled?

Are you trying to say that when the muscles are contracting to exert force that they're in a better position, as far as injuries go, then when they relax?

I would think that if his back is strong enough to pull that weight then it can certainly handle lowering it down.

I don't know about you but I can let 100 + pounds more weight down onto my chest then I can press, and I've never screwed up my chest or anything doing negative bench presses.
    You mean, you haven't screwed it up yet?

Definitely could use more leg drive in your form if you wanted to "improve your form". That being said, I've seen tons of world class DL'ers who use a very similar style pull, mostly back being used (I think I'm a mostly back puller too) so I think just do what works for you and if you think form might risk an injury, work on it then.

Above all else, ridiculous strength. 600+ is something to be proud of, good job.
    Scars are tatoos with better stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Nosaj View Post
    Definitely could use more leg drive in your form if you wanted to "improve your form". That being said, I've seen tons of world class DL'ers who use a very similar style pull, mostly back being used (I think I'm a mostly back puller too) so I think just do what works for you and if you think form might risk an injury, work on it then.

Above all else, ridiculous strength. 600+ is something to be proud of, good job.
    Thanks man, appreciate it!

Haha, thanks bro... hopefully your there again when i go bigger sometime... im going to practice my form and work with that weight, then im going to start moving up when i take a little more of my back out of the equation. I need my commentary by Brian in the next video... "HMB"
    Thanks bud

Haha, thanks bro... hopefully your there again when i go bigger sometime... im going to practice my form and work with that weight, then im going to start moving up when i take a little more of my back out of the equation. I need my commentary by Brian in the next video... "HMB"
    Thanks bud
    I need Slim to bitch slap me next time so I can move big weights too. I want to see you do 500*10, that would be cool. I'm stuck at 415*1, lol!

Do a search for some of Chris Rodgers videos. He pulls sort of like you do. According to him, a deadlift is strictly a back lift. He doesn't care about legs during a deadlift, and neither do I. That's not what it's for IMO.

You probably had another 10-15lbs in you. You just need to drink 100g of dextrose, caffeine, and you need Slim to slap you harder.

More HMB imo.
    5'11" 185lbs 9% BF
    S/D/B PR's 445x1, 495x5, 335x1......Looking to get stronger and do a PL Meet this summer!
    Chronological Picture Thread 2005-Current
    Pro Status or Bust..2011

At Large Nutrition, Optimize YOUR body!

I need Slim to bitch slap me next time so I can move big weights too. I want to see you do 500*10, that would be cool. I'm stuck at 415*1, lol!

Do a search for some of Chris Rodgers videos. He pulls sort of like you do. According to him, a deadlift is strictly a back lift. He doesn't care about legs during a deadlift, and neither do I. That's not what it's for IMO.

You probably had another 10-15lbs in you. You just need to drink 100g of dextrose, caffeine, and you need Slim to slap you harder.
    I definitely need more HMB, but i will do 500*10 next time considering i did 3 strong as a warmup..haha Im going to have Slim place an order for some dextrose (his is cheaper than what i found). Ill jump up on some caffeine and one more thing... WE CANT LISTEN TO MARIAH CAREY NEXT TIME... I HATE OUR REC. Im bringin in a stereo next time

I definitely need more HMB, but i will do 500*10 next time considering i did 3 strong as a warmup..haha Im going to have Slim place an order for some dextrose (his is cheaper than what i found). Ill jump up on some caffeine and one more thing... WE CANT LISTEN TO MARIAH CAREY NEXT TIME... I HATE OUR REC. Im bringin in a stereo next time
    I got an 11lb bag of dextrose from supplementsdirect.com for $9. Shipping killed me though, that was like an additional $14. I think they have it at do-it-yourself wine stores, which I have never been to.

General of Froot Soldiers TwiloMike's Avatar
    I get maltodextrin and it's awesome- a 7lb bag for cheap... with decent shipping. I find it tastes more mild than dextrose, which to me tastes like sugar death.
    Homer Simpson - "The code of the schoolyard, Marge! The rules that teach a boy to be a man. Let's see. Don't tattle. Always make fun of those different from you. Never say anything, unless you're sure everyone feels exactly the same way you do."
    www.dictionary.com (for all your spell-checking needs)
    My picture thread- http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=78235
    My journal- http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=77712
    Viking Warlord- "You can't motorboat a personality".
    Built- "See, truly artful copy-paste isn't random. You need to know WHAT to copy before you go pasting..."

Quote Originally Posted by TwiloMike View Post
    I get maltodextrin and it's awesome- a 7lb bag for cheap... with decent shipping. I find it tastes more mild than dextrose, which to me tastes like sugar death.
    Man me too! I cant handle dextrose thats why I never use it anymore... I started to use Waxy Maize but that **** is too expensive. Is Malto *that* much less sugary?
    My sig scared getfit.

Quote Originally Posted by Beholder View Post
    Man me too! I cant handle dextrose thats why I never use it anymore... I started to use Waxy Maize but that **** is too expensive. Is Malto *that* much less sugary?
    Malto is subtle in its sweetness. Dextrose is nothing short of offensive to me. I get this stuff: http://www.amazon.com/Carbo-Gain-NOW...3330746&sr=8-1
    Homer Simpson - "The code of the schoolyard, Marge! The rules that teach a boy to be a man. Let's see. Don't tattle. Always make fun of those different from you. Never say anything, unless you're sure everyone feels exactly the same way you do."
    Built- "See, truly artful copy-paste isn't random. You need to know WHAT to copy before you go pasting..."

Bespoke Super Mod
    Further issue with with the hips and also lack of an arch. If he's taking a wider stance such as that he's missing out on the benefit of his body working more as unit, as opposed to relying more on certain individual parts to take the strain.

He's not keeping himself tight enough from the start, especially his abs. Either he has weak abdominals or he doesn't know how to use them to their full ability.
    Last edited by Franco; 06-13-2008 at 02:50 PM.
    "A + B + C = Success if, A = Hard Work, B = Hard Play, C = Keeping your mouth shut" -Albert
    Einstein

I've always gone to the gym with the conviction that I'll be the hardest working mother****er in the joint. Make that your credo, and hope we don't lift at the same place.
    -- Adam Fahy

"Fran is a double-hard bastard"- Clint Brewer 31/12/02

lulz at teh slap ghey

S(atg) - B - DL
    375 - 335 - 515

"Gaining weight and having bigger body will make you look great on any clothing. Men with strong body are very attractive to women. General people tend to admire big muscle too." -mbijay

Quote Originally Posted by Phenom View Post
    lulz at teh slap ghey
    Funny use of English words there.