Thread: Strength/MuscleEndurance4Boxing-MartialArts

Strength/MuscleEndurance4Boxing-MartialArts

Hi,
    I've followed the wanna be big 3 day split for a while now with great success.
    I tweaked it a bit because of back trouble and because I broke left collar bone 6 months ago.I will keep with this hypertrophy phase for another 5/6 weeks.
    I then want to focus more on strength and muscle endurance and work the muscles for boxing/martial arts.
    I've recently read Periodization of Sports Training which is an excellent book.
    I want to develop a 3 day program, 2 days for strength-Tuesday and Saturday and 1 day for muscle endurance on Thursday.After about 8 weeks I'll then focus more on muscle endurance.
    So does anyone know any good routines?

I seen the following routine on a site which was followed by a professional boxer done 2 times a week in lead up to a fight.
    The focus seems to be more on muscle endurance.
    There was no sets or rep range given.
    Maybe it could be tweaked slightly for a muscle endurance day

Deadlifts: High Intensity
    Squats: High Intensity
    Seated Rows: High Intensity
    Lateral Pulldowns: High Intensity
    Uni-Lateral Incline Press: High Intensity
    Seated Arnold Press: High Intensity
    Tricep Pushdown
    Cord-standing bicep curls
    Neck Work
    Core Training
    Stretching/Dynamic Cool-Down/Ice Bath

All advice appreciated

rosstraining.com

go there

Wannabebig Member
    What do you mean by martial arts. Each sport has specific needs. If you mean MMA, then check out "Russian conjugated system for MMA" at EliteFTS articles. For endurance, check out UFC all acess with Sean Sherk on youtube. That dude has some crazy cardio. Now don't get me wrong, i'm not suggesting doing exactly what he does, but look at how its structed and take some ideas that you feel will suit your needs.

Sweating and grunting...where you should be.
    There are a ton of MMA books that have come out on the market. Pick up a few on MMA conditioning and you'll get a very good idea of what types of movements you need. BJ penn has a decent one although its more technique than conditioning but there's one put out with the help of Randy Couture that is really good. go to barnes or borders and check them out.
    HT: 6'3 / WT: 265lbs 16%BF

"Somewhere along the line, we seem to have confused comfort with happiness."

MMA Guru
    - I like girls -