Thread: New Dead Lift PR

Hybrid View

Banned

New Dead Lift PR

I previous PR was 365 and that's sandbagin it at my weight, anyways I tried 405 last week at the end of a workout and missed it. Today 405 flew up then I got 455! I was feeling tuff and tried 500 but had to drop it back down after only a few inches. Anyways it feels great! I thought I'd share!

http://www.wannabebigforums.com/show...23#post1950723
    Last edited by The Bran Man; 06-20-2008 at 07:05 PM.

Way to go, man!

Big grats, dude! Huge progress!
    19 Years Old
    5'8
    147lbs

Journal:http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=102026
    RAW/Belt - Pre-2008 - Present - Goal
    Bench: ------- 185 ------ 200 ----- 225
    Squat: ------- 265 ------ 285 ----- 315
    Deads: ------- 355 ------ 405 ----- 455

I believe God made me for a purpose, but he also made me [strong]. And when I [lift], I feel His pleasure. -Chariots of Fire(mod.)

Wow. To go from 365 to missing 405 to hitting 455 is pretty amazing. Were you just tired when you missed 405? Congrats, that must be awesome to increase your 1rm by 90 lbs.

awesome... next time have a buddy record it on a cell phone and post it up so we could all see

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
    Wow. To go from 365 to missing 405 to hitting 455 is pretty amazing. Were you just tired when you missed 405? Congrats, that must be awesome to increase your 1rm by 90 lbs.
    I tired 405 after a full back workout, today I went it and started doing triples & singles instead of sets of 5. It mad a huge difference, 500 will be coming next back workout..

Fa Sho

STRENGTH FROM ABOVE
    awesome job,,congrats and God bless

in His grip forever
    john
    Jeremiah 20:9
    But if I say, "I will not mention him or speak any more in his name," his word is in my heart like a fire, a fire shut up in my bones. I am weary of holding it in; indeed, I cannot.

Sponsored by INZER

nice lifting! good luck on the 5 bills next workout, from the way it sounds, you'll get it.
    I BEAT CURL JOCKEY
    BP - 280 pause bench
    SQ - 345 outdated
    DL - 345 outdated
    Clean and Jerk - 250

Demons of Steel and Flesh HP666's Avatar
    Hey man, I just want to say something, and this is not meant to be a dick, just some constructive criticism. I always raise an eyebrow when I see a young guy with a 455 DL and only a 315 squat. So I looked over your training in your journal you have here.
    You are doing a ton of back work, a lot of back work, yet on "leg" day you are really not doing much. You're doing 5-6 sets of squats, then some leg extensions, other then that, nothing else. If you are going to improve your squat you need to do a whole lot more work than that. Good Mornings, Romanian DL, Stiff legged DL, Glute Ham raises, 45 degree extensions, Lunges, Front Squats, Pull Through's, etc. And there is no ab work or core work at all, which is essential to improving your squat. Maybe you don't care, but you posted this in the PL forum so I assume you are trying to get stronger. And something else to remember, you may like deadlifting. but if you work your squat, the bigger it gets, the bigger your deadlift will get. Just my $ .02.

I forgot to add, if you have access to a Reverse Hyper then by all means you have to use it.
    Last edited by HP666; 06-21-2008 at 08:34 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by HP666 View Post
    Hey man, I just want to say something, and this is not meant to be a dick, just some constructive criticism. I always raise an eyebrow when I see a young guy with a 455 DL and only a 315 squat. So I looked over your training in your journal you have here.
    You are doing a ton of back work, a lot of back work, yet on "leg" day you are really not doing much. You're doing 5-6 sets of squats, then some leg extensions, other then that, nothing else. If you are going to improve your squat you need to do a whole lot more work than that. Good Mornings, Romanian DL, Stiff legged DL, Glute Ham raises, 45 degree extensions, Lunges, Front Squats, Pull Through's, etc. And there is no ab work or core work at all, which is essential to improving your squat. Maybe you don't care, but you posted this in the PL forum so I assume you are trying to get stronger. And something else to remember, you may like deadlifting. but if you work your squat, the bigger it gets, the bigger your deadlift will get. Just my $ .02.

I forgot to add, if you have access to a Reverse Hyper then by all means you have to use it.

Thanks for the advice bro, I added a little leg volume today but am still learning to find the strength to lift legs hard.