The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

How would you handle this?

My employer screwed up everyone's direct deposits and no one got paid this week. Stubs arrived in the mail like every week but no deposits were made.

My checking account is now completely empty because I had payments out that cleared. I have a lot of cash in savings to back up the checking account, but every time it pulls from that, I get dinged a $15 fee, and if I want to transfer from savings to checking, it's ANOTHER $15.

My question is do I have a leg to stand on if I want to try to make them reimburse me for those fees because they ****ed up? How would you proceed?
    If one person can do something, anyone can learn to do it.
    Do what you've always done and get what you've always gotten.
    There is no failure, only feedback.

"Journey of 1000 miles starts with a single step".--Lao Tzu

Pro-Choice...ON EVERYTHING.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

are you going to get paid at all?
    I BEAT CURL JOCKEY
    BP - 280 pause bench
    SQ - 345 outdated
    DL - 345 outdated
    Clean and Jerk - 250

If you like your job and don't want to be the guy first on the chopping block next time people are getting laid off, then I would let it go. People make mistakes - do you want management to be up your arse next time you make a mistake at work? I am sure the guy is getting enough grief as it is. However, if everyone else at work is getting their over drafts covered and transfer fees covered then make sure you get yours too. But I would not want to be the only one.
    Never shall innocent blood be shed, yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The Three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of God.

Switch banks, I've never heard of a bank charging you a fee for switching from savings to checking accounts (unless they're from two separate banks).. even then, can't you just pull directly from your savings account to pay your bills?

You and I work for the same company. You "might" get them to do it, if enough people go together on it.

If you're in the union, you absolutely need to go that route. Even if you're not in the union, you might possibly get some assistance if union members were also affected. Ask around, and see if they're getting together on it. The union's voice has teeth, and they usually win because of the class-action nature of their gripes.

Actually, if that was a screwup by the central payroll office, it was probably HUGE. I think my payroll covers something like...75,000 people, minimum. That's just something that doesn't happen. They might make good on it, or give you guys a window to prove that you were charged fees and put a little extra in your check to make up for it. Again, though, I would get with the union in some form. They have a vise on the company's balls at all times.
    Last edited by Patz; 06-21-2008 at 09:46 AM.

5/3/1 Journal

http://http://www.wannabebig.com/for...83#post1766083

Quote Originally Posted by fpr View Post
    Switch banks, I've never heard of a bank charging you a fee for switching from savings to checking accounts (unless they're from two separate banks).. even then, can't you just pull directly from your savings account to pay your bills?
    I was mistaken about that, there's no fee. I misread the transfer rules.Also can't do anything about the payments waiting to be processed since it's Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by BilltheButcher View Post
    If you like your job and don't want to be the guy first on the chopping block next time people are getting laid off, then I would let it go. People make mistakes - do you want management to be up your arse next time you make a mistake at work? I am sure the guy is getting enough grief as it is. However, if everyone else at work is getting their over drafts covered and transfer fees covered then make sure you get yours too. But I would not want to be the only one.
    Truthfully, I hate it and wouldn't care if they laid me off. I'd be able to draw while I look for a new job that didn't make me want to kill myself. No one's been able to get any information from anyone about what happened or when our money's coming, but it didn't show up today and so I know a LOT of people are going to be very pissed off. We have about 80 or so in my office working for the same contractor and there are about the same number in the other office in Fort Wayne.

If all the payments I have out get processed, it's going to be about $60 in OD fees all told. I'm not willing to just fork that over.

Quote Originally Posted by mrelwooddowd View Post
    You and I work for the same company. You "might" get them to do it, if enough people go together on it.

If you're in the union, you absolutely need to go that route. Even if you're not in the union, you might possibly get some assistance if union members were also affected. Ask around, and see if they're getting together on it. The union's voice has teeth, and they usually win because of the class-action nature of their gripes.

Actually, if that was a screwup by the central payroll office, it was probably HUGE. I think my payroll covers something like...75,000 people, minimum. That's just something that doesn't happen. They might make good on it, or give you guys a window to prove that you were charged fees and put a little extra in your check to make up for it. Again, though, I would get with the union in some form. They have a vise on the company's balls at all times.
    Unfortunately, I work for a contracting company that does the work with their name on it...so those protections aren't offered to me. Our department was created as (no lie, direct quote from Ed Dudley) "a backfill for our work force".
    If one person can do something, anyone can learn to do it.
    Do what you've always done and get what you've always gotten.
    There is no failure, only feedback.

"Journey of 1000 miles starts with a single step".--Lao Tzu

Pro-Choice...ON EVERYTHING.