Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ok i know everyones pissed at me for making so many posts (keith) but...

Banned

ok i know everyones pissed at me for making so many posts (keith) but...

I am going to do a 5x5 routine using a split. how many extra exercises am i supposed to do besides the 5x5?

like this?
    flat bench press 5x5
    incline dumbbells 3x8
    flat bench flies 3x8
    close grip bench press or weighted dips 3x8
    skull crushes 3x8

deadlifts 5x5
    bent over row 3x8
    one arm row 3x8
    t bar row 3x8
    bicep curls 3x8
    hammer curls 3x8

squats 5x5
    calf raises 3x8
    lunges 3x8

seated barbell press 3x8
    front dumbbell raises 3x8
    seated db press 3x8
    side dumbbell raises 3x8
    behind the neck press with barbell 3x8 (safest exercise i know)
    reverse flies aka bent over lat raises 3x8

heres the full routine i was busy earlier

thanks
    Last edited by frank; 06-19-2008 at 05:35 PM.

LOL, I love it.

I love your name. It's so perfect! You're STILL not reading and continuing to post dumb threads. If you looked around and did your research, you wouldn't overcomplicate so many things and have stupid, basic questions like this. Stop overcomplicating crap and look around at the different 5x5 programs out there!

Gym PRs: 365/240/440=1045

People need to quit ****ing asking what they need to do, exercise wise, until they reinforce their technique - Dave Tate

The never-ending pursuit of becoming Strong(er) - My Westside journal

You're over thinking this, like Keith said.

Where's the squats? Please tell me you plan on working your legs... Take what you have now and add a leg day and it won't be too bad.
    Best lifts: 615/475/660, Raw w/ Wraps
    http://www.youtube.com/user/invain622002

Sample for ONE workout:

Squats
    5x5

BB rows
    5x5

Dead Lifts
    5x5

Chest
    5x5

And then, if you have energy after aaaaaaall that, then you can add other stuff like dips, pull ups and other things like that.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith View Post
    LOL, I love it.

I love your name. It's so perfect! You're STILL not reading and continuing to post dumb threads. If you looked around and did your research, you wouldn't overcomplicate so many things and have stupid, basic questions like this. Stop overcomplicating crap and look around at the different 5x5 programs out there!
    your so cute, anyway, the only reason i made this post is to talk to your hot ass....

anyway i edited it with the full routine

man some of you guys are a little rough. This guy is really tryin to get ahold of what to do.

Failed, I'd drop the close grip benches/weighted dips on your bench day and exchange them for another tricep exercise in addition to your skull crushers

Other than that it looks good. Play the shoulders by how they feel. Your front delts will take plenty of a beating just by the benching but its okay to just work them if they feel good. If they don't, don't work with the barbell press. I'd drop the behind the neck press as well. Just not worth the risk

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Superior Athletics - Northeast Ohio's Center for Athlete Training
    *Westside Barbell Certified Gym

Quote Originally Posted by failed View Post
    your so cute, anyway, the only reason i made this post is to talk to your hot ass....

anyway i edited it with the full routine

What??? You're insulting yourself here. I guess at an ignorant 15 yrs old, I can't expect a whole lot.

I gave you real advice there. I guess you missed it, again.

People need to quit ****ing asking what they need to do, exercise wise, until they reinforce their technique - Dave Tate

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Travis Bell View Post
    man some of you guys are a little rough. This guy is really tryin to get ahold of what to do.

Failed, I'd drop the close grip benches/weighted dips on your bench day and exchange them for another tricep exercise in addition to your skull crushers

Other than that it looks good. Play the shoulders by how they feel. Your front delts will take plenty of a beating just by the benching but its okay to just work them if they feel good. If they don't, don't work with the barbell press. I'd drop the behind the neck press as well. Just not worth the risk
    thanks big guy

Quote Originally Posted by Keith View Post
    What??? You're insulting yourself here. I guess at an ignorant 15 yrs old, I can't expect a whole lot.

I gave you real advice there. I guess you missed it, again.
    dang me and you would make a great couple

haha, had to laugh when i read that title cause its true, he is a major post Nazi.

Keith...stop pushing around the little ones with your keyboard. Look at what they're calling yo now, a Post Nazi!! You've turned into Scarz!!! AAAAAAHH!!
    "Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education alone will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan "press on" has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race." - John Calvin Coolidge

9 months-20lb gains! (2005 Newbie gains)-A bit of motivation for beginners

August 2008 Progress Pics

Keith gave me a hard time when I first showed up here for being extremely arrogant. I still am.

That said, I, along with many others, have offered you good advice many, many times. You continue to ignore everything that's said in favor of your workouts you pulled from some random muscle mag.. so why are you still asking questions?

yea keith also bitched @ me 2 when 1st posted..lol

LOL wow. This is what happens when I'm on here too much at work and get annoyed at the same **** being posted over and over. I apologize to the people I was inappropriately rude to if you didn't deserve it. But this guy is just way too much. In a couple of months being here, he's made over 50 threads without taking any advice of simply reading.

failed, do this: http://www.geocities.com/elitemadcow...Linear_5x5.htm

Come back in 9 weeks and tell us your progress.

Keith killed my dog and ate my baby.

Quote Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
    keith should have ate u 2....jk lol

My own personal trainer dumbbell's Avatar
    LOL!
    Honestly, though, most people need a b*tch slap once in a while. I'm pretty sure that I was on this board for like a year & a half before I ever posted. There's plenty of info on here already about all the 5x5's that are out there.
    To the OP, follow the link listed above to the madcow site. The info is all there. Just do it as listed. Don't change it. If you change it, then it becomes a different routine. If it ain't broke don't fix it.
    Oh well, at least you seem to have a good sense of humor about it.
    You guys are killin' me.
    Thanks for the laugh.
    Last edited by Focused70; 06-20-2008 at 11:15 AM.
    Jason

It is currently a fad, at this writing, for boys to think they need a "six pack", although most of them don't have an ice chest to put it in.
    -Mark Rippetoe

Quote Originally Posted by dumbbell View Post
    LOL!
    Honestly, though, most people need a b*tch slap once in a while. This kid needs to shaken till he's ******ed.
    I'm pretty sure that I was on this board for like a year & a half before I ever posted. There's plenty of info on here already about all the 5x5's that are out there.
    To the OP, follow the link listed above to the madcow site. The info is all there. Just do it as listed. Don't change it. If you change it, then it becomes a different routine. If it ain't broke don't fix it.
    Oh well, at least you seem to have a good sense of humor about it.
    You guys are killin' me.
    Thanks for the laugh.
    Some might argue he's there already....Not me though...Nah, not me.
    5'10"

Ultra Nasty Hypertrophy journal (HCT-12)-http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...rnal!-(HCT-12)

Old My 5-3-1 Journal:http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=132576

and ate my baby.

out of the womb!?!

Keith, you pig!

Quote Originally Posted by bigmoney View Post
    failed, do this: http://www.geocities.com/elitemadcow...Linear_5x5.htm

Come back in 9 weeks and tell us your progress.
    I was gonna post the same thing.
    There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
    Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left.
    Are you eating while you are reading this? You should be... --hrdgain81
    Remember, kids, if you type well the Grammar Fairy will leave a quarter under your pillow. The Blue Book of Grammar and Punctuation

Well, the Blog's (finally) back (again!): Love and Hope and Sex and Dreams Feel free to stop by and comment.
    Here is my newly-created World of Warcraft Blog: BG's WoW Blog. Once again, feel free to stop by and comment.

Good god, with this level of stupidity you should be on BB.com's teen section.

Listen to what people are telling you! Stop complicating it, and LIFT.
    Being a strong teenager means nothing.

My wrists hurt, but some people don't have wrists to be sore. My knees have tendinitis, but some people don't have legs to get tendinitis in. I seem to be going backwards with training, yet some people can't even walk let alone lift 400 pounds on a daily basis.

Dust out the vagina, and keep on lifting.

Buy "starting strength" by Mark Rippetoe. Read it cover to cover, then do everything it says to do.

http://www.startingstrength.com/

There's a link on where you can buy the book.

That's how you do it. Nothing less, nothing more.

Failed, your desire to learn is admirable. I think where you "fail" so to speak is that it seems each week you have a new goal in mind in regards to lifting. Decide what you want to do, find out the most efficient way to go about it, and get after it.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements – Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Just get under the bar!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by brihead301 View Post
    Buy "starting strength" by Mark Rippetoe. Read it cover to cover, then do everything it says to do.

http://www.startingstrength.com/

There's a link on where you can buy the book.

That's how you do it. Nothing less, nothing more.
    ill give madcows 5x5 a shot but i dont know why you guys are giving me beginner plans if my bench is 235. its going up slow as it is and i dont think rippetoes starting strength is gonna do anything for it.

im not training for just strength. i want a developed back, shoulders, and chest. doing 5 sets of 5 for one body part aint gonna do that. i just wanted approval over the routine that im interested in doing. if a 5x5 is meant to increase strength along with mass what would it hurt if i did 2-3 3x8's after it?

I don't think you grasp the simple idea that more isn't better. a 5x5 routine with the correct weight should be fine. If this doesn't feel like enough for you, your intensity level is way off. What makes these routines beginner? Because it doesn't fit your idea of what you THINK someone should be doing? Go balls to the wall on a 5x5 then come back and tell us it's not enough.
    H: 5'7" W:185
    Goals: 495 -315 -585

“Persistence Persistence.” - Calvin Coolidge.
    "I'm so pissed at how dumb this thread is that I think I'll go kick my cat. Again"-Belial
    "I mean, it's kind of like neutering your cat, hoping that'll stop your dog from humping your leg." - Belial
    Journal