The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Starting Strength Routine

So I just started the SS routine (w w w . forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=712752) last week and workout A and B both have squats which means doing them every other day, and I feel like my legs dont have time to recover before my next workout. I thought about doing less weight but then I wouldn't feel like i was getting enough of a workout. Any suggestions?
    Last edited by mike42506; 06-26-2008 at 10:10 PM. Reason: To add link

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

I did SS for a while until all the heavy squatting started to get to me. My hips felt bad all the time especially after squatting. I think it was a combo of squatting heavy 3x a week and not having very good form.

I switched to doing lighter speed squats (if you're familiar with Westside, think of it as kind of a DE squat) on bench/deadlift day. That way I was still squatting heavy 1-2 times a week. I don't stick to that like I should but when I am consistent with it my squats feel great.

Really work on form, as my form improves my recovery time and overall endurance improve.

edit: note that at that point you really aren't doing SS anymore. I'm not sure how important that is to you. I decided it wasn't that important to me.
    Last edited by killxswitch; 06-26-2008 at 10:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
    I did SS for a while until all the heavy squatting started to get to me. My hips felt bad all the time especially after squatting. I think it was a combo of squatting heavy 3x a week and not having very good form.

I switched to doing lighter speed squats (if you're familiar with Westside, think of it as kind of a DE squat) on bench/deadlift day. That way I was still squatting heavy 1-2 times a week. I don't stick to that like I should but when I am consistent with it my squats feel great.

Really work on form, as my form improves my recovery time and overall endurance improve.

edit: note that at that point you really aren't doing SS anymore. I'm not sure how important that is to you. I decided it wasn't that important to me.
    Thanks. I'll definitly pay more attention on my form next time. Also I am gonna start stretching more instead of just strenching before my workout.

my legs hurt bad when i started as well, i was walking funny it was so bad. about 2 weeks in i had no problems. does'nt hurt the next day a all. I do them 4x a week.